• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Siko Hosting gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we have scotsmen agreeing with each other on FWS. :beer:
:evilb: Bet you thought you'd never see that :evilb:

To quote The Simpsons
Groundskeeper Willie: It won't last. Brothers and sisters are natural enemies. Like Englishmen and Scots! Or Welshmen and Scots! Or Japanese and Scots! Or Scots and other Scots! Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland !

Its great up in scotland (H)

Sad thing about it is scotlands full of children buying resellers & charging £2 for life hosting ect ruins the hosting name

Hmmm - Just a quote:

"Excuses are like a**holes, everyone has one, and they all stink. If you tell to many of them, people just get pooped out."

Look - if you spent your vacation fixing your server for 20 hours - then why is it still not online a week later? I guess that really falls back on your 99.9% uptime guarantee.

Your going to tell me not to try and grab a new client, heh - It's the sea man, learn to swim with the sharks. It's not my fault you screwed up, if anything all I can do is take advantage of it. I wasn't looking to make money - I was simply looking to provide him with a reliable solution, because it appears that you can't.

Now on the note of making something a bit more reliable - Host your main site on a different server, or simply host a last resort support system on one. Example www.jewlzksupport.com.

You stated that you have been around for a while, have you ever considered maybe getting yourself a backup server? It's funny how you have this list of backups for clients and then mysteriously one client isn't. I wouldn't be surprised if you are saying that to all your clients right now.

btw Mods - sorry that my quote was a bit rude.

Cheers,
Tyler

Repoman, all I'm asking for is my money back for this month, which I think is fair. I'm not going to tear a strip off you, things happen but this isn't the first time your servers have been down - other times I've emailed you about it (when your site was still up) and not received an answer, the last time you did reply a considerable time after. I have decided to change hosts and would just like a refund for April. Thank you.

Reasonable request msrosie - maybe he should add a 'goodwill' gesture for your trouble (poke-prod@repo) ;)

That is unfortunate that you are suffering msrosie. I truly hope repoman will give you a full refund.

I must say I have had a bad experience with repoman in the past. I hope this will get resolved soon. I agree with Decker a refund would be a good, goodwill gesture. So repoman if you are reading try to be fair.

Thanks,
Matt

That is unfortunate that you are suffering msrosie. I truly hope repoman will give you a full refund.

I must say I have had a bad experience with repoman in the past. I hope this will get resolved soon. I agree with Decker a refund would be a good, goodwill gesture. So repoman if you are reading try to be fair.

Thanks,
Matt

Hmmm Now another speaks out. Don't think many people are going to want to deal with you even if you come back online.

if not a refund should at least a month free hosting be credited. btw, really cant believe that the hoster is only 13? good tried...

if not a refund should at least a month free hosting be credited. btw, really cant believe that the hoster is only 13? good tried...

Hmmm your englishes passes my boklets.

You think after being down multiple times and having nothing but problems that someone is going to want to give them another chance? I think not.

They had there chance when they got the money for the hosting to prove that they were worth it. They screwed that up and now people want there money back.

Repoman , In addition to msrosie's post If you have indeed been down for 3 weeks that takes us back to the beginning of april maybe even earlier MEANING your client hasn't used the resources atall on the server.

If you were a good Host you would refund your client's Payment or atleast offer a compensasion package Does anyone agree with me as i think this is right ? (at least i do it when the servers down for a prolongued amount of time NOT THAT ITS HAPPENED THAT LONG)

Hmmm your englishes passes my boklets.

You think after being down multiple times and having nothing but problems that someone is going to want to give them another chance? I think not.

They had there chance when they got the money for the hosting to prove that they were worth it. They screwed that up and now people want there money back.

After me posting i read those 2 posts & i am glad someone agrees with me.

repo why didn't you pop in here (FWS) and ask for a favour of a small shared account to get the company site and support system up (just basics not the whole thing as you'll have taken a site backup) and running while the server was down, appreciating a couple of days for DNS it might have saved a lot of trouble for some.

For future ref I'm sure any of the hosts here would help out another in such circumstances so they could at least keep their customers informed and not necessarily trade till they had resolved any problems.

So putting my money where my mouth is so to speak if anyone hits this type of problem either post or pm/e-mail me and I'll help out for sure.:classic2:

PS this is for hosts with a problem not a free for all :devious2:

That's a good point right there. Not too long ago, a certain host went down and I gave that host some space to put up their site to keep their clients up to date. :)

a few things need to be said.

Firstly, half of what is being said is not even true and the person doesn't know what they are talking about at all. For example saying we've been down for 3 weeks? Oh..and yes. We do have a backup server. People talking about me not doing enough .etc.
What were those 20 hours spent on? E-mailing clients, explaining, talking tothe dc to explain they sent me the wrong root password. Now anyone that doesn't want to believe my stories. honestly I don't give a fc*k. Okay? Also whoever i told not to take clients in this thread. Dude, there is a paid hosting requests section ... okay? That's where you give offer's to potential clients! Secondly, this thread is about my company being 'gone' not the lets bash Siko and try and get this client. Hope i sign HER(not him as someone said) so we can get an extra $5/month! Plz, if you wish to sign clients go to the right threads. If you wish to discus us closing 'down' plz post whatever. Not bashing us.

The excuses are still pretty thin though!
Yeah, i bet your saying that so you look like the 'smart----' so then msrosie might consider you. No. Go to Paid Hosting Requests. She has a thread there.
Also. I don't care a Is*t what you think about my 'excuses' i know what happened. I have told on this forum. What do you want me to do? Lie just so you think the excuses are good enough? Aslong as I know the truth which is posted I can live knowing i've done the right thing

Not really, this is a paid for host, who gives up a whole 20 hours of his holiday when his 'business' crashes leaving his paying customers out on a limb.

A little less sympathy from me on that I'm afraid, as a host you stay till the jobs done.

Just to point out something that may have been skipped over - not having off server records of accounts and contacts. What happens when it comes to the book-keping and returns? Just guess at it? You don't get away with that.

Sorry if I do sound harsh but so much more could have been done - and a lot earlier than now.

Okay. Like?
Secondly, I had another host to help.
I told my clients to contact them
msrosie never contacted me so I could not tell her.

Hmmm - Just a quote:

"Excuses are like a**holes, everyone has one, and they all stink. If you tell to many of them, people just get pooped out."

Look - if you spent your vacation fixing your server for 20 hours - then why is it still not online a week later? I guess that really falls back on your 99.9% uptime guarantee. Because. It's not that simple..the issue was more than just that.

Your going to tell me not to try and grab a new client, heh - It's the sea man, learn to swim with the sharks. It's not my fault you screwed up, if anything all I can do is take advantage of it. I wasn't looking to make money - I was simply looking to provide him with a reliable solution, because it appears that you can't. I don't remember this being the Paid Hosting Request section, nor the I need hosting thread. So please..

Now on the note of making something a bit more reliable - Host your main site on a different server, or simply host a last resort support system on one. Example www.jewlzksupport.com.

You stated that you have been around for a while, have you ever considered maybe getting yourself a backup server? It's funny how you have this list of backups for clients and then mysteriously one client isn't. I wouldn't be surprised if you are saying that to all your clients right now. WE DO!, but you know jack Isht. So you dont know what your talking about. How do you know we do/dont?

btw Mods - sorry that my quote was a bit rude.

Cheers,
Tyler

Okay...happy now?

Thanks,
Matt

Yeah. After talking about how you live close to me and that it's a bus trip away and asking exactly where i live as soon as you added me on msn...what do you expect?

I hope customers have seen the real side of repoman

Quote ----
"What were those 20 hours spent on? E-mailing clients, explaining, talking tothe dc to explain they sent me the wrong root password. Now anyone that doesn't want to believe my stories. honestly I don't give a fc*k."

Strange how this is the only "lost" contact details eh ?
Also if you are looking to salvage your rep , think again what do you think if you were a customer looking to find a host ? I dont think it will be lets choose this host as the staff are friendly & supportive

Try growing up mate & try filling in your customers , also try hosting clients for a few years more like most in this thread and you will realise how important Customers are and not to treat them like dirt on the bottom of your trainers/shoes.

Rant over (sorry if offending folk)

they sent me the wrong root password

Your rant says it all - what a twat for all those posts - one main point to remember HDGH (Hosts Don't Get Holidays)

I vote msrosie gets 2 months (even if it was only a month outstanding) back as a refund.

And I'll chip in 1 full year of hosting (as long as msrosie don't take the proverbial) for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back