• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Siko Hosting gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msrosie

I have my website with Siko Hosting and it has been down since at least Friday - the host's website is not there either. Does anyone know what is going on with it? Is it down temporarily or gone for good? Thanks.

Not sure it is down for me as well. And when i try to ping it all i get is time outs.

Nameservers are calling out:
SikoHosting.com IN NS park29.secureserver.net 172715s (1d 23h 58m 35s)
SikoHosting.com IN NS park30.secureserver.net 172715s (1d 23h 58m 35s

Looks like the domian has been "Parked"

msrosie,

Well, it seems you have found out what it is like to be hosted with a unreliable host, we have all been there, some more than others, but it's time to look elsewhere at a host that has been around for longer than two months.

I hope you learnt your lesson ;)

msrosie,

Well, it seems you have found out what it is like to be hosted with a unreliable host, we have all been there, some more than others, but it's time to look elsewhere at a host that has been around for longer than two months.

I hope you learnt your lesson ;)

I think this is rude, unnecessary and uncalled for. I very well may be on the look out for a new web host, but you can be rest assured, I will not choose you or your company after a post like this.

BTW, if I had a crystal ball that would tell me what hosts will be folding in the next few months, I'd be a lottery winner and be buying my own hosting company. :lol:

msrosie,

The intention of my post was not meant to be rude, I was just pointing out the fact that it happens, and that you should research the host before choosing them, which in the case of Siko, you did not do.

sikohosting.co.uk was sold in January of this year, with all clients. From January, clients have had major problems with support and no-one managing it, and now they are down.

It would be nice to get some information from the new owner of siko on the reasons behind this downtime, but I do not think you will get any.

Might you post the url to were you read about the company being sold? Or did you "Hear" it?

Yeah I hadn't heard about it. I guess Rosie should have read your mind if it wasn't common knowledge ;)

I remember the kid that used to own Siko Hosting, I think his name was Egor or something. He once added me on MSN, told me he was 13 and asked what I thought about his advertising campaign. He also told me he was in the hosting pit for the long run. :D

I don't even see any search result from google regarding a sale, so Richard's comment to Rosie was indeed harsh.

I also have him on MSN, his only way of communication was by MSN. If you happenend to have a MSN account its last display name was "clients contact me ASAP"

Pritty harsh way of closing down, PM me if you wish for me to send you his MSN address

Regards,
Paul

msrosie,

The intention of my post was not meant to be rude, I was just pointing out the fact that it happens, and that you should research the host before choosing them, which in the case of Siko, you did not do.

sikohosting.co.uk was sold in January of this year, with all clients. From January, clients have had major problems with support and no-one managing it, and now they are down.

It would be nice to get some information from the new owner of siko on the reasons behind this downtime, but I do not think you will get any.

They got sold? On April 11th, "repoman" / Siko-Host made a hosting offer to someone requesting shared hosting (link: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?p=849561). So unless he was selling hosting for another person who now owned siko-host I think you have something mixed up bud.

Try his IM contacts in his profile as Jan suggested.

Hope this works out for you,

Tang

msrosie,

Why do you think I joined them after January? I have been with them longer than that.

This has gone on long enough, so I think I will peruse the hosting offers forum and see if I can find a new host.

Last edited:
msrosie,

haha...who said we were sold? there were never any talks of our company for sale. We are in this for the long run.

So basically what happened. Firstly we were moving server and while transfering something went wrong with the hard drive. It was a file that went missing and the only way was to basically re-format it. On my msn name telling clients to contact me asap was so I can explain this. Now for anybody trying to say we are unreliable. Until that point we were in business over a year, had excellent uptime. End of 06 and begining of 07 we had the server up for 20 days +. Any of our client's would also agree that our support is quick to respond and helpful. Now I know lots of people on here are now going to take advantage and try and spread rumours *cough* Richard *cough*. Please don't. Msrosie, could you e-mail me or contact us by any other means? As you have started a paypal complaint without contacting us prior to this. Since our WHMCS database was on the server that went missing but we are trying to get backup on the server. So please people, go find clients elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back