• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Sad, America, just Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no belief I don't respect. I guess respecting atheism could be possible, but then again its the one belief in this world that I don't view as a religion.
You say you respect all beliefs and you also say that Atheism is a belief. So by your logic, you must respect Atheism.

Also, you don't respect the belief in global warming, so you're a hypocritical liar.

As are most avid followers of any religion.
Thats a bit unfair. Even atheists can be fanatical in the same way, its more too do with the fact that people will defend something that matters deeply to them, and beliefs fall into this bracket.

Thats a bit unfair. Even atheists can be fanatical in the same way, its more too do with the fact that people will defend something that matters deeply to them, and beliefs fall into this bracket.
Atheism is technically a religion. According to this definition.

Religion
any specific system of belief, worship, or conduct that prescribes certain responses to the existence (or non-existence) of God.​

You say you respect all beliefs and you also say that Atheism is a belief. So by your logic, you must respect Atheism.

Also, you don't respect the belief in global warming, so you're a hypocritical liar.

Well said.

As are most avid followers of any religion.
Well said.

Atheism is technically a religion. According to this definition.

Religion
any specific system of belief, worship, or conduct that prescribes certain responses to the existence (or non-existence) of God.​
Well said.

That definition is biased.

Religion is where you love Jesus.
Well said.

The only thing organized religions are good for in my opinion is starting arguments. Just because global warming and evolution is studied doesn't prove its existence. Just because the word God is in a book doesn't prove one exists.

I am a Christian but I believe christianity is a lot deeper than believing in god or jesus. I believe christianity is more about moral respect, personal responsibility and keeping an open mind. Which many Christian denominations do not respect another Christian denominations moral beliefs and seek to convert those that do not believe in ways they do.

Global warming could be a cold truth sometime in the future. It may or may not happen as scientists say it will. But I do believe everyone should do their part to cut emissions and waste in order to ensure better living in the future.

A few quotes from Napoleon Bonaparte I find interesting. He may have been a failure at what he wanted to achieve but he was still a wise man even by todays standards.

There are only two forces that unite men -- fear and interest.

The people to fear are not those who disagree with you, but those who disagree with you and are too cowardly to let you know.

Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

Imagination rules the world.

No but what you have got out of the studies do.

All the studies I've seen prove differently... I've never seen anything that proves the existence of evolution, but to me more disproves it.

Also, those who are in support of global warming, anyone wanna tell me why I'm freezing my butt off here in southern Georgia, and why all the citrus crops in California just got wiped out by an ice storm? If global warming exists, we sure could use some more of it.

All the studies I've seen prove differently... I've never seen anything that proves the existence of evolution, but to me more disproves it.

Also, those who are in support of global warming, anyone wanna tell me why I'm freezing my butt off here in southern Georgia, and why all the citrus crops in California just got wiped out by an ice storm? If global warming exists, we sure could use some more of it.

Er, global warming doesn't necessarily mean a hotter climate, even if the name suggests it. It warms up the earth, which (by sea levels rising and streams changing) can give unpredictable results on the weather.

You've obviously been ignoring the studies that might have a hint of a fact that goes against what your church tells you. If you weren't so biased about what you read, then maybe you wouldn't be missing all the studies that prove theories correct.

Er, global warming doesn't necessarily mean a hotter climate, even if the name suggests it. It warms up the earth, which (by sea levels rising and streams changing) can give unpredictable results on the weather.

You've obviously been ignoring the studies that might have a hint of a fact that goes against what your church tells you. If you weren't so biased about what you read, then maybe you wouldn't be missing all the studies that prove theories correct.

Please refer some of these materials. Oh and if its somethinga bout dates and it uses the phosphorus dating method to count radicals, beta, and alpha decay, don't bother because I know those dating systems are bull anyways.

heymrdj.... another way to look at evolution is,

maybe god was the one who made evolution happen. Ponder on that :)

heymrdj.... another way to look at evolution is,

maybe god was the one who made evolution happen. Ponder on that :)

You mentioning Scientific Creationism? Or Deism. Its been pondered. I believe the Bible version of a personal, rather than impersonal, God. I believe there is a God we have to account to in the afterlife, rather than having no responsibility at all.

Too many inhuman or unnatural/unexplainable things happen for us to have a God that is impersonal to his creation.

Its called origin of species by Charles Darwin, really I can't see how you can argue this, religions keep on fighting science when science and religion can live side by side. and religion just keeps on loosing.
Irreducible complexity? Nope, that was thrown out the window?
Creationalism? Fully discredited by the theory of evolution.
please, keep trying. Its amusing.

Its called origin of species by Charles Darwin, really I can't see how you can argue this, religions keep on fighting science when science and religion can live side by side. and religion just keeps on loosing.
Irreducible complexity? Nope, that was thrown out the window?
Creationalism? Fully discredited by the theory of evolution.
please, keep trying. Its amusing.

I think you missed a crucial word in your own statement. THEORY of evolution. And evolution is so full of potholes its not even funny. Evolution proves its self wrong time and time again. And don't even start about complexity. It is IMPOSSIBLE for something to evolve into another form. In the billions of years it would take to evolve, you would break another law of evolution, and thats survival of the fittest.

Admit it, even Charles Darwin himself saw the holes in his own theory.

You know, Heymrdj, i had this whole speech planned out , dissproving each of your arguements individualy, and then i decided, what is the point?

You are obviously not going to listen to any point I make purely because it doesnt agree with your way of thinking. You are SO blind that nothing I, or anyone else says will change your mind.

Dont accuse me of not being religious, I am a confirmed and practising christian, who attends Church of England Services once if not twice a week.
Furthermore I believe in God (in some form, i havent decided just what yet).

I have studied Philosophy/Theology, AND Phsyics, Chemistry and Biology, to the age of 18.

God is good, but he shouldnt want you to be blind to all else. I have only one bit of advice.

GO BACK to school, preferably in not where you live now, at least that way you can get out of your cocoon,

why, again and again, must you insist that the whole world is wrong?? Global warming is happening, in global terms 0.4 C is a BIG difference.

the proof is provided by thousands of scientists and proffesors many of whom i am sure are far more intelligent than you or any of us, they dont necessarily wish to deny your belief, rather, just understand the world we live in and from this thread i can see that they have at least, got one hell of a lot closer to that goal than you.

Oh and one final point, Entropy and Global warming are on two COMPLETELY different timescales, global warming is predicted to reach a critical level in the next for hundered years, the universe will dissapate entirely in a few billion or so ( THE TWO ARE NOT COMPARABLE ).

Im not trying to offend anyone, I just get frustrated when people have closed minds, Mines open to your views and i will read your proofs, maybe you should extend us the same courtesy.

Best Regards,
AMC

EDIT: sorry i just had to edit, you dont EVEN KNOW WHAT EVOLUTION IS!!! YOU JUST PROVED IT. Evolution is the progression of certain characterisitics in a species through reproduction and gene exageration involved in chromosome transfer ( egg fertilisation)

put simply, some animals will have certain defects and characteristics that will give it an advantage over its fellow animals ( in that particular climate). In general, more of these animals will survive to mate, and when they mate they will mate-- in general with a mate with the same or similar advantage, this will cause an exageration in the characteristic in the young of the pair, these will have EVEN more of an advantage and so will survive to mate, thus further exagerating the characteristic.

CLinche in the arguement: look at dogs, did God really spend many hours thinking up all the different species, from chiwawa to pug?? No, Man bred the different breeds from the common wolf. would you deny that man will breed two dogs because he likes their characteristics and wants them in the young, this process is progressive and has produced all of the many species you see today, this is Man induced EVOLUTION.

If you reply to this thread and try to deny that selective breeding in dogs, horses and so on... works, then im not going to argue, its your point of view, :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back