• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Sad, America, just Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, those are exactly the type of christians who I hate. So drunken in their own beliefs that they neglect fact, and damage the planet further by doing so.

wow. thats just plain retarded.
I think these bible bashing idiots must be a myth, ALL the religious people I know are far more sensible than this.

We're supposed to present all sides? I've never heard about Scientology's creation theory being debated about being taught in schools.

Stupid Christians.

We're supposed to present all sides? I've never heard about Scientology's creation theory being debated about being taught in schools.

Stupid Christians.

Thats because its taught in schools..Darwins theory is taught in schools well at least here in Colorado it is..

some of the laws in america are already laughed at by the rest of the world... for example you can go to war and loose a limb at 18 yet you cannot drink alcohol until you are 21. You can legally buy cigarettes and sign contracts at 18 but you still cannot drink...

Now let's get to the laws about censorship. It is completely ridiculous! In europe, commercials have women naked taking showers and stuff but in American, big NO NO. When listening to the radio station, half of the song is cut out because of "cussing". That is absolutely unacceptable, how are you supposed to listen to a song that just goes "BEEEP BEEEP" every 2 seconds?

Then we come to the videos that are now restricted in school. How are kids supposed to learn about global warming if some stupid aholes are banning the videos about it? We are the world's biggest polluter yet the kids in this country cannot learn about the damage their parents are doing to the planet?

Once again, ridiculous. Some people need to grow up and realize that by censoring everything for the kids, it is only making things worse. Not like if you tell someone "dont push this button"... what do you think he is gonna do..:idea:

religion and school eh?
When I was in high school, we had the best religion teacher. Funny guy.
Used to throw the bible on the floor and jump on it. Saying the bible is only a recipe book for life, and not to be taken as facts.

That lady would of sued that poor teacher if he would of been teaching with his methods at that school :p

some of the laws in america are already laughed at by the rest of the world... for example you can go to war and loose a limb at 18 yet you cannot drink alcohol until you are 21. You can legally buy cigarettes and sign contracts at 18 but you still cannot drink...

Now let's get to the laws about censorship. It is completely ridiculous! In europe, commercials have women naked taking showers and stuff but in American, big NO NO. When listening to the radio station, half of the song is cut out because of "cussing". That is absolutely unacceptable, how are you supposed to listen to a song that just goes "BEEEP BEEEP" every 2 seconds?

Then we come to the videos that are now restricted in school. How are kids supposed to learn about global warming if some stupid aholes are banning the videos about it? We are the world's biggest polluter yet the kids in this country cannot learn about the damage their parents are doing to the planet?

Once again, ridiculous. Some people need to grow up and realize that by censoring everything for the kids, it is only making things worse. Not like if you tell someone "dont push this button"... what do you think he is gonna do..:idea:

I still think it's funny you have to wait till 21 to legally drink :p

And yeah, those songs blanking out are annoying.. I heard fall out boy's "This aint a scene it's a god damn arms race" on the radio, and I went and listened to it on YouTube - an American version - and they blanked out "god damn". It was so annoying.

I've always been under the impression that alcohol can be bought by any military personnel on base?

Not that I don't support lowering the drinking age.

Last edited:
whether or not there is an exception, its still stupid, I mean i dont live in the US i live in the UK but i spend quite a bit of time over there with my uncle, and you guys just need to relax, maybe, just maybe, US should take example from th rest of the world, rather than expecting it to be the other way round.

Dont get me wrong, I have no problem with americans, hell, half my family is american, but your administration does piss me of from time to time.

[offtopic] did you guys know that the US own space, the bush administration signed what they consider to be an international and legally binding document that states that the extremeties of air space including SPACE is under the official control of the US air force, I MEAN COME ON
[/offtopic]

We seem to have a slightly different veiw of religion over on this side of the atlantic, we have a way to temper and compromise religion in order to accomadate the truths that are science, if god is all powerful, then he would be able to function within the laws of physics (Damn, they are his laws after all ) also the bible is more viewed as a book of morale guidance, full of hidden meanings and rarely to be taken completely literaly.

Please note i am not flaming ANYONE, I am not trying to offend ANYONE.
Im just giving you my view

Regards
AMC

the bible is more viewed as a book of morale guidance, full of hidden meanings and rarely to be taken completely literaly.

EXACTLY! That's what I've always thought.

Besides, the bible has been mistranslated several times before it came to be the book it is today. Who knows what half the things in the bible originally were...

I can't stand Al Gore, though, so from that side of things I am happy to see this. :) I am disappointed, however, that religious fanatics (who can't truly be Christians if they act like that) are somehow trying to tie his movie to religion. :confused: That is pretty far fetched, and stupid, too.

Besides, the bible has been mistranslated several times before it came to be the book it is today. Who knows what half the things in the bible originally were...

Exactly. Good old King James commissioned a whole book to be translated to fit his own thoughts. Good work.

Ok,

Before you continue reading my message just like to remind you I am a christian so it may be biased, dunno... hope it's not though :D

So,
I always read on these forums that it is christians fault for ruining everything. There are some people that do ruin it, do things that make christians look bad.... but from reading a lot of stuff everyone says it's EVERYONE in christianity that is so... annoying, or self centered or whatever you want to throw out there.
I am sure, if the person who got the video banned from schools was not a christian, what would happen if the person was a Musslim, you would probably look at this differently and react a different way saying.... oh maybe so and so is right, or lets take a look at it and see why they think it's bad.

mmkay, now as far as the vidoe goes.. I'm going to watch it on my uh.. computer, later on, and give you my opinion on it,

Until than, I'll keep posting here :lol:

PS: The bible has lots of fables in it, which are not meant to be taking literally. There is a lot of stuff that is supposed to teach you some things, but there is also supposed to be some facts in there as well ;)
Some of the stories are true. If I ever get in to researching it a bit more I'll let you know

Last edited:
^^ Why would you need to watch it on a video to give your opinion on it? We are talking about the fact that videos telling the TRUTH about our planet are being banned because of innapropriateness?

I meant to give my opinion on the global warming thing lol... But the being banned part, I disagree with it being banned

Ok,

Before you continue reading my message just like to remind you I am a christian so it may be biased, dunno... hope it's not though :D

So,
I always read on these forums that it is christians fault for ruining everything. There are some people that do ruin it, do things that make christians look bad.... but from reading a lot of stuff everyone says it's EVERYONE in christianity that is so... annoying, or self centered or whatever you want to throw out there.
I am sure, if the person who got the video banned from schools was not a christian, what would happen if the person was a Musslim, you would probably look at this differently and react a different way saying.... oh maybe so and so is right, or lets take a look at it and see why they think it's bad.

mmkay, now as far as the vidoe goes.. I'm going to watch it on my uh.. computer, later on, and give you my opinion on it,

Until than, I'll keep posting here :lol:

PS: The bible has lots of fables in it, which are not meant to be taking literally. There is a lot of stuff that is supposed to teach you some things, but there is also supposed to be some facts in there as well ;)
Some of the stories are true. If I ever get in to researching it a bit more I'll let you know

I have nothing wrong with most Christains, just to let you know. Especially ones like you, who understand the bible wasn't meant to be taken literally.

It's the hard core, "everything in the bible is true" christians who I can't stand - like the ones in the article above. Too dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back