• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Sad, America, just Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
rofl

Being an atheist is impossible? Being an agnostic is impossible?

Now I think you're just messing with us. Were you being sarcastic? Damn, now I'm confused.

Its quite simple. If you believe nothing can be true, then how can it be true that nothing is true. At its root level it's circular thinking. Same for being atheistic. If you belive it is impossible to have religion, then you are in fact believing a religion in itself, thus the term atheistic destroys itself.

First of all:

As Tree just explained, being agonistic is not believing nothing is true - it's when you "believe that there can be no proof of the existance of God, but does not deny the possibility that God exists."

And atheism is when you believe there is no god. It can seem to be kind of confusing if you look as the definition of religion to be an organization with a god, but I view atheism as a state of mind.

As for me, I guess I'm agonistic. I respect other religions however, EXCEPT for extremists, like, you heymrdj - who are actually dangerous to society.

I'm sorry if I'm offending you heymrdj (no doubt I am), but that's how it is. I have a free will to believe what I want, and I don't want to believe some old book (that's all I see it as) word-for-word.

heymrdj, what are your thoughts on the mistranslations of the bible? I'm curious.

First of all:

As Tree just explained, being agonistic is not believing nothing is true - it's when you "believe that there can be no proof of the existance of God, but does not deny the possibility that God exists."

And atheism is when you believe there is no god. It can seem to be kind of confusing if you look as the definition of religion to be an organization with a god, but I view atheism as a state of mind.

As for me, I guess I'm agonistic. I respect other religions however, EXCEPT for extremists, like, you heymrdj - who are actually dangerous to society.

I'm sorry if I'm offending you heymrdj (no doubt I am), but that's how it is. I have a free will to believe what I want, and I don't want to believe some old book (that's all I see it as) word-for-word.

heymrdj, what are your thoughts on the mistranslations of the bible? I'm curious.

I believe today's Bible's are grossly mistranslated which is why you simply go to a Weslyan Bible directly translated from the Masoretic texts. Not these crappy Nirv's or whatever sugar coated junk it is rolling off the presses now.

As for me being dangerous...how? I have never said BELIEVE GOD OR PAY. You are free to believe what you will. My religion pays no mind into this discussion. I BELIEVE GLOBAL WARMING IS A MYTH TO GET HIGHLY DEVELOPED NATIONS TO SLOW DOWN AND LET SMALLER COUNTRIES CATCH UP. When the temperature of the earth is only .4 degrees warmer, WHAT IS THE SCARE? That is my belief and I'm sticking to it. I have in know way shown any extremeism, unless your definition of extreme is set too low to even be called a state of extreme. Maby an agnostic can't truly be dedicated to something. My belief in my Creator and the Word of God is nothing to be considered extreme. The Bible says to spread the gospel, which I do, but do you see me blowing up other religious sects or cursing non-believers. There's people to far more fear than me.

I believe today's Bible's are grossly mistranslated which is why you simply go to a Weslyan Bible directly translated from the Masoretic texts. Not these crappy Nirv's or whatever sugar coated junk it is rolling off the presses now.

Fair enough. It'd be interesting to have a brief study of that to see how it compares with today's.

As for me being dangerous...how? I have never said BELIEVE GOD OR PAY. You are free to believe what you will. My religion pays no mind into this discussion. I BELIEVE GLOBAL WARMING IS A MYTH TO GET HIGHLY DEVELOPED NATIONS TO SLOW DOWN AND LET SMALLER COUNTRIES CATCH UP. When the temperature of the earth is only .4 degrees warmer, WHAT IS THE SCARE? That is my belief and I'm sticking to it. I have in know way shown any extremeism, unless your definition of extreme is set too low to even be called a state of extreme. Maby an agnostic can't truly be dedicated to something. My belief in my Creator and the Word of God is nothing to be considered extreme. The Bible says to spread the gospel, which I do, but do you see me blowing up other religious sects or cursing non-believers. There's people to far more fear than me.

If you've never encouraged anyone to believe your same beliefs about global warming and other massive world issues then I take back what I said about you being dangerous. If you do regularly however, then I stick by my words.

Regardless, there is massive risk of the earth temperature changing. The habitats are changing all the time - we're getting droughts followed by floods here, the ice caps are melting, a lot of animals will lose their habitat due to freak storms & climate changes.

Some things, like the details main article of discussion here, scare me. I would call that dangerous. If you would stop your children or other people's children from watching a documentry based on solid fact, based on religion, then that scares me.

Fair enough. It'd be interesting to have a brief study of that to see how it compares with today's.

If you've never encouraged anyone to believe your same beliefs about global warming and other massive world issues then I take back what I said about you being dangerous. If you do regularly however, then I stick by my words.

Regardless, there is massive risk of the earth temperature changing. The habitats are changing all the time - we're getting droughts followed by floods here, the ice caps are melting, a lot of animals will lose their habitat due to freak storms & climate changes.

Some things, like the details main article of discussion here, scare me. I would call that dangerous. If you would stop your children or other people's children from watching a documentry based on solid fact, based on religion, then that scares me.

AH HAH...there's where out confusion coems in my friend. I don't believe in global warming, I didn't say anything about animal habitat. I believe there is a problem with that, and while I don't believe its a severe danger to Earth or human life, we could use a little revamp on the antural resources deal ;). Mainly China....them people are really dirtying us up.

AH HAH...there's where out confusion coems in my friend. I don't believe in global warming, I didn't say anything about animal habitat. I believe there is a problem with that, and while I don't believe its a severe danger to Earth or human life, we could use a little revamp on the antural resources deal ;). Mainly China....them people are really dirtying us up.

Er, they're all inter-related issues.

Oh and a quick reply to this. STOP CUSSING. SIMPLE. If you want your song heard in its entirity, don't cus. There is NEVER a reason to cuss, it is simply childish to imagine a reason to, especially in a song. Why do you need to sing about "I'm a P.I.M.P." or "I'm gettin all that ***** tonight". No one wants to hear how many sexual diseases a guy is picking up in one night. :p

Freedom of speech. Rap has always been known for its explicit lyrics. You can't cuss in a song? It's life.. get over it. You won't melt because someone says "I'm a pimp".

Oh bugger! I wanted to give heymrdj bad rep on all his posts in this thread :( I can only give one :(

Last edited:
Oh bugger! I wanted to give heymrdj bad rep on all his posts in this thread :( I can only give one :(

I guess thats why your rep is so bad Nugi ;). You don't give bad rep because you don't believe like I do. Just keep on living your pessimistic life and leave reputation alone. We all know your track record anyways.

heymrdj said:
I guess thats why your rep is so bad Nugi . You don't give bad rep because you don't believe like I do. Just keep on living your pessimistic life and leave reputation alone. We all know your track record anyways

I really should give you a - rep heymrdj for your acts towards others who have bad rep like you.... however I'll refrain from it.

Now for this Global Warming issue....

How can you not believe it's effecting us? When T.M. posted about habitats being effected, etc. he was stating what he believes are facts. Not saying you said anything about it, because by the sounds of it you don't care.

We SHOULD do something, but how far should we really go? We can't survive without transportation because this world is so huge......
We need ways of getting around, so do we say... get rid of all the old cars, or
make it illegal to drive old cars, and only drive the new cars that run on water or something?
Don't know, but that's something that will have to be decided soon when they
go in to a bigger production, and cheaper.

I really should give you a - rep heymrdj for your acts towards others who have bad rep like you.... however I'll refrain from it.

Now for this Global Warming issue....

How can you not believe it's effecting us? When T.M. posted about habitats being effected, etc. he was stating what he believes are facts. Not saying you said anything about it, because by the sounds of it you don't care.

We SHOULD do something, but how far should we really go? We can't survive without transportation because this world is so huge......
We need ways of getting around, so do we say... get rid of all the old cars, or
make it illegal to drive old cars, and only drive the new cars that run on water or something?
Don't know, but that's something that will have to be decided soon when they
go in to a bigger production, and cheaper.

I see nothing wrong with trying to be more safety conscious of the earth for our own air quality. I believe more money needs to be spent on clean fuel technology. But nothing needs rushed in like some of those tree huggers want that will totally obliterate our fabric of living as we know it today. We'd be no better off than Haiti.

This picture explains everything I feel about Al Gore.
al_gore.gif

We seem to have a slightly different veiw of religion over on this side of the atlantic, we have a way to temper and compromise religion in order to accomadate the truths that are science, if god is all powerful, then he would be able to function within the laws of physics (Damn, they are his laws after all ) also the bible is more viewed as a book of morale guidance, full of hidden meanings and rarely to be taken completely literaly.
The Southern Baptists would protest England like it was stem cell research if they knew this. Just letting you know what we have to deal with over here. Think about dealing with 300 million retards as apposed to 60, and having to appease the larger groups without pissing everyone else off.

One I don't believe in global warming, I've seen no proof. ALl I've seen is that for thousands of years the earth has went through cooling and heating cycles. It freezes it melts. Way of the world. It may get warmer as we get pulled toward the sun. its called entropy, suck it up live with it.

I bet you don't believe in fossils either huh?

Here are some resourses for reading up on the existence of global warming.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming
http://www.whoi.edu/institutes/occi/viewTopic.do?o=read&id=521
http://maps.grida.no/go/searchFree/q/global+warming

Also, your post contradicts it's self. If you don't believe in global warming how can the earth possibly go through a heating and cooling cycle? If we are to believe that this is merely the up swing of that cycle wouldn't that be global warming? How can you not believe in it then?

Let's talk about entropy now. Entropy is the gradual running down of the universe, the dissipation of heat and energy that will ultimately mean the end of the universe (see Issac Asimov's 'The Last Question' for how that will go down). Entropy is not the heating and cooling of the earth, nor is it one or the other. Entropy is quantifiable disarry that our system is in. Let me make this absolutely clear:

Human influenced global warming will increase entropy and lead to our demise.

Also Bad Religion wrote a song about entropy. It's called 'Entropy' and it's on 'Against the Grain' and I encourage anyone reading this to check it out.

Oh and a quick reply to this. STOP CUSSING. SIMPLE. If you want your song heard in its entirity, don't cus. There is NEVER a reason to cuss, it is simply childish to imagine a reason to, especially in a song. Why do you need to sing about "I'm a P.I.M.P." or "I'm gettin all that ***** tonight". No one wants to hear how many sexual diseases a guy is picking up in one night. :p

From Stephen King's On Writing.

Stephen King said:
Make yourself a promise right now that you'll never use 'emolument' when you mean 'tip' and you'll never say John stopped long enough to perform and act of excretion when you mean John stopped long enough the take a ----.
His boldface, not mine. Take a lesson from the man that has sold more books than the bible. Also when they bleep out god damn, the bleep out god, not damn. Just thought that's interesting.

Being an agnostic is impossible because to believe nothing is true is to believe the truth that nothing is true. Same as being an atheist...its impossible.

Ignoring the ignorance of you post for a second, let's talk about paradoxes. Your paradox reminds me of the paradox of the all powerful god... the one who could create a rock so big that even he could not lift it, but since he can't lift it, isn't all powerful. Chew on that.

Also you may be confusing agnosticism/atheism with Nihilism and then getting that wrong too. That's the only way I can figure out what you are saying.

I think the definitions for agnosticism and atheism were laid out by others in the thread, so I encourage you to reread those definitions.

heymrdj, I hate that you took the brunt force of this post, but there is one thing that I agree with you on. Your 'live with it' apathy. My idealism got left on a roadside long ago and I no longer believe that I can do anything about the screwed up things in the world and have found better ways the spend my time (like mega-posting, I guess.)

The entire Antarctica is bloody melting, only an idiot would say they've seen no proof of global warming.

What about that gigantic iceberg that broke off the Arctic Canadian Shelf just a month or so ago? It was the biggest ever.

I mean really, people who say global warming doesn't exist or try to understate it's effects are pure retards who know nothing about anything.

Lol how does my post contradict itself. Global warming in the since of this post is blaming man and not even viewing the natural aspects of the earth's cycle. My post is the only one that even looks at the earth as a possible cause of global warming. Everything was water once. If you can freeze it once it will freeze again. Going by your beliefs, amoebas didn't magically make ice from their farts. There had to be something to make earth's temperatures drop up there, and it all had to be regular water to that point.

Also your fossil comment is ridiculous. Of course there's fossils, alot of dead things build up in 6-10k years.

And for the record that crazy man stephen king comes no where near the sale of the bible over the last 2k years.

Anyone that studies physics, even high school level, is bright enough to relaize that when entropy occurs the earth WINDS DOWN NOT UP. Global warming would be winding up, as heat is energy, and as you gather more heat, you increase energy. Eventually, again in your religion, the earth will become so run down it suffers heat death, or the point where all energy is expended. We will all then be a frosty -459F or -273K and you'll have all the glaciers you want :). Of course I don't believe that will ever happen because of the promise in the Bible that the earth suntime, moontime, harvest, winter, and summer will exist till the day we depart. But again believe what you will. For now I'll drive my Hydrogen Hummer, not to prevent global warming, but because Hydrogen is cheaper than gas :p.

Anyone that studies physics, even high school level, is bright enough to relaize that when entropy occurs the earth WINDS DOWN NOT UP. Global warming would be winding up, as heat is energy, and as you gather more heat, you increase energy.

So if global warming were to exist, it would reverse entropy?

Your high school physics seem lacking, considering that Entropy is an extensive state function that accounts for the effects of irreversibility in thermodynamic systems..

Also your fossil comment is ridiculous. Of course there's fossils, alot of dead things build up in 6-10k years.
The oldest is 530 million years old. A far cry from 10k.

And for the record that crazy man stephen king comes no where near the sale of the bible over the last 2k years.
2000 years ago Jesus was 7 years old. I don't think they sold many bibles then. Maybe not even until the first commercial printing of the bible in 1450, a mere 557 years ago did they sell any.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back