• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

posts count

how bout keep post counts... but if someone posts and spams just to increase their post count or to get an avatar, then the post count for that specific user should be disabled...

however, I'm not sure if vB can do that..

What exactly is the topic of this post? This is what happened to every post, the subject got changed to something else that doesn't related to anything. All thanks to one screw up, that started it first. And who would that be? :D

What exactly is the topic of this post? This is what happened to every post, the subject got changed to something else that doesn't related to anything. All thanks to one screw up, that started it first. And who would that be?
The subject of this thread is that posts no longer count to your post count on the general forum, and so far every post made to it has been very on topic. What are you talking about?

Well, I guess I am forever stuck at 1669 because this is the only forum I come to. I don't use free webspace or paid. I don't even have a website any more. I just come here to see what all you geeks are talking about :biggrin2: .

Originally posted by DJsexie

same here! well, 1669 is a good number in Chinese!:biggrin2:
whats so great about that?

hmmm yi liu liu jiu
(1 6 6 9 )

hmm what about delete all that users post for that? 20 is easy to recover back.

or maybe have a post count limit of 20 posts a day? once you exceed post counts don't count for the rest of the day.

what about delete all that users post for that? 20 is easy to recover back.
I think the idea was to delete the fluff post and penalize its poster. Or were you saying actually delete the member? Bit harsh, don't your think?

Originally posted by trenzterra
hmm what about delete all that users post for that? 20 is easy to recover back. Or maybe have a post count limit of 20 posts a day? once you exceed post counts don't count for the rest of the day.
That's not going to be good for everyone.

I guess this issue could be discussed till the cows come home, but ultimately it is the decision of the administrator.

I agree with Peo's decision to disable post counts in this forum.

:cool:

Originally posted by Nick
Well, I guess I am forever stuck at 1669 because this is the only forum I come to. I don't use free webspace or paid. I don't even have a website any more. I just come here to see what all you geeks are talking about :biggrin2: .
Same with me. I have no need for the other forums.

I now visit here for cool links, thoughtful discussion (there seems to be less of that now), but mostly general computer info.

Originally posted by Coolin
I now visit here for cool links, thoughtful discussion (there seems to be less of that now), but mostly general computer info.

Maybe Peo could start a computer help forum?

Thanks for the feedback on what to do with people who post just to increase the post count. It's one of the reasons why I removed the post count from this forum, to get some good feedback about it.

Many of you suggested this solution and it seams to be what other popular forums have done aswell. I've been sceptic to this solution for the same reasons mentioned by Dusty and others. But so far, I haven't seen any signs of other parts of this forum being more hit by post-count abusers than normally.

As noted by someone, it's easier to spot such abusers in other forums than in the general forum.

About having 20 posts removed from post-count abusers: Good suggestion, we might do that in some cases. But I think mainly we will warn people and if they continue to abuse we will ban them. Since, most likely they will just continue to abuse after having 20 posts removed to get back to the number of posts they were at previously.

Removing the post count completely would be sad and rather boring since a lot of functions would not work. Hiding it? Yes, maybe... atleast it will not be as eye-catching to some.

Back