• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Panther Hosting beta test, cpanel/100mb+/scripting

pantherhost

Fluent English Speakers Only

Panther Hosting is currently running a testing service before it goes open to business. We are in need of people who want hosting to test our service and provide feedback on our site and servers. This should mean that we have the feedback and knowledge to make our hosting company the best is can be when it opens for business.

If you are interested in helping in the test and having free cpanel hosting please read the chunk of information below from our site:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Free Hosting Plan

The Free Hosting Plan is designed as a testing service for both customers and the admins before Panther Hosting is open for business. We hope that this will provide us with the feedback and knowledge that is needed to make Panther Hosting the Best Hosting service available.

All those who are interested are open to sign up and will be provided with a free hosting account with at least 100mb space and all standard services, php, cgi, mysql and others. This will all be controlable via the cpanel administration software and you will also have your own client area within the lpanel software. All that we ask is that you provide us with feedback on the service that we provide. If you are interested please read on below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you wish to have a free hosting account please email accounts@pantherhosting.co.uk with the following details:

· Your Full Name
· At least one always accessible means of contacting you (an email address and, or, an instant messenger utility)
· What you wish to use the account for and how much space and bandwidth you believe you may need. Please also specify what services (such as php or mysql) you will be needing.

Please understand that as this is a free service you will not be provided with 24/7 support and your account may be cancelled at any time without warning. We also ask that anyone interested in hosting adult sites or anything of an illegal nature, such as mp3s, does not ask for hosting.

Thank you,

Alan MC Gore, President of Panther Hosting.Fluent English Speakers Only

Last edited:
Just an update on requirements. I hate to have to enforce this but I can't accept anyone with a less than normal level of English. I and my team are UK based and do not cater for non English speakers at the moment. Therefore if you have a less than average master of the English language please do not get it touch.

This is not anything against race or prejudice towards any language, its just a thing about understanding and communication when providing feedback and working with us.

The good news is, we may be getting multi lingual support. When we do have the support in place, I will contact those who have been turned down on language terms and let you know about the changes.

I understand that, and it is is nothing personal towards anyone who has asked for hosting. But we are getting regular contacts from people from Asia asking for hosting. Whilst a large percentage are legible a lot aren't specific on details. Which makes setting up an account and receiving feedback quite difficult.

There is also the problem of time differences, which it can be hard to work around.

As Said in my previous post we are working to get around these problems and hopefully for the future there will not be this boundry.

In the mean time Johnamix, you're from Belgium if I'm correct? I meant to get back to you about hosting and if you can pm me an instant messenger address, we can discuss on MSNM or AIM.

Slow responses

Sorry for all those who have not had their account setup within the guaranteed week or have not received a response. We have been having some trouble with software liscences but that is now resolved and you should be either receiving replies or having you account setup within the next 24 hours.

Thank you to all those who experessed interest and please note we still have pleanty of space on our servers for those who are still interested.

Last edited:
Hi :)

Just a few quick questions. How long are you planning on offering the free hosting? Is this a one time thing for those who sign up now and then once you go online it will be as a paid hosting service only? You said this is a beta test service. Does that mean that once you go online, those accounts with the free hosting will be shut down? Are the accounts ad free? If not, what kind of ads and where are they on the page? I have a chatroom on my website and ads might interfere with that.

Thanks!

It is not decided what will happen to the free hosting accounts once we go live. But it may be up to a year before we do infact go live and it is unlikely we will remove the accounts at that time. The possibilities on what will happen to free hosting plan clients when we open for business are the following.

- We will charge standard fees for hosting - not likely
- We will charge reduced fees for hosting - possible
- We will continue the service free - possible
- We will delete the clients accounts - highly unlikely.

Before we go live all clients will be informed on what is going to happen and have the option to backup their data.

Next Question,
Yes as said, the accounts are advert free and there will not be any adverts on the cpanel, lpanel or Panther Hosting homepage.

If you're still interested, feel free to get in touch.

Thanks,
Pres. Panther Hosting,
Alan M C Gore

uknown00, under what subject line did you send it? I may not have received it. Also bear in mind that we receive hundreds of free hosting requests a day and a response is never guaranteed, though we will try to get back to you within 24 hours.

Last edited:
www.pantherhosting.co.uk is still up and online, as warned in the terms you may experience downtime as this is a time when we are doing work on the servers.

A few special notes I'd like to make to people are as follows.

We no longer provide subdomains, but you can obtain a free domain name which is compatible with our servers at www.uni.cc

We will also be closed for the next few days due to the death of a much loved staff member. Therefore your emails may not be responded to within the next week.

Thanks,
Pres. Panther Hosting,
Alan M C Gore.

Messages received and being processed, we should soon be back to business as usual, thank you for all of your support at this difficult time.

Alan M C Gore,
Pres. Panther Hosting.

Back