• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Oh how i love fire fox lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
stuffradio said:
I hate all you Microsoft haters. It shows how mature you can be ;)
What's wrong with Microsoft besides the fact that they stole ideas from Apple, and bought DOS for $50 off a guy.(Yes, I watched that movie Sillicon Valley) But anywho... do you just like FF because it "protects you from spyware"? I'm using IE 6 and I have no problems with Spyware or Viruses. I haven't had a virus in like... a year and I have very basic stuff in terms of needing to remove adware/spyware. I think y'all hate Microsoft just because you can, and you don't have any valid excuses.
My $0.02 :)
Will IE let me use custom client-side CSS and javascript... ?

Didn't think so. :p

Yellowmc said:
Microsoft have been known to hog the market and make it unfair for other companies to join in, why do you think the EU is imposing a fine for something like £1 million per day?

Lets just say Microsoft has very untasteful tactics. I know many a person who has worked in Software Sales and Microsoft will often present a program that is said to do the same thing but it doesn't do it as efficently as competitors or as well. However Microsoft offers plans that the companies eat up by giving them the software "for free" in the end the companies have to pay fees after a year for using the software "for free" and will spend more money than they would have on the competitor for not as great software.

Adds on to what my Dad used to say..."No Such Thing As a Free Lunch"

Microsoft is just not liked. Its a fact. We only use them because we have to. They have dominance and there is virtually no way in taking it from them.

Don't like Microsoft?

Use Apple/Linux.

I laugh at Microsoft as a company, but I acknowledge that they do the job and I choose to use them, as does everyone else here who is not running Apple/Linux. It's just cool to hate Microsoft I think ;)

Well.. I use both Microsoft/Linux. I don't like Apple because I just don't like the feel of there computers.

Linux is for my server computer :)
Microsoft for my personal computer

stuffradio said:
I hate all you Microsoft haters. It shows how mature you can be ;)

Excuse me? Saying you hate people for no good reason, you're not shoving any maturity for yourself.

stuffradio said:
What's wrong with Microsoft besides the fact that they stole ideas from Apple, and bought DOS for $50 off a guy.

Well here's someone who doesn't know anything.

They make ---- software, which is insecure, they don't care about customers, their software isn't open source, it costs a lot of money, it has jack all features, it sucks it crashes it's buggy, and they are monopolising everything with their s***.

stuffradio said:
But anywho... do you just like FF because it "protects you from spyware"? I'm using IE 6 and I have no problems with Spyware or Viruses. I haven't had a virus in like... a year and I have very basic stuff in terms of needing to remove adware/spyware.

Uhuh....you keep saying that.

Firefox is superior to IE in every way. First and moremost, it's impossible to live without tabbed browsing, it's secure, it's quick, it actually SUPPORTS css, it looks sexy, it has a tonn of features, it's opensource, and hence also has a lot of extensions. How the hell can people live without extensions, people who use microsoft crap don't have the slightest clue what they're missing out on.

Poor bastards.

stuffradio said:
I think y'all hate Microsoft just because you can, and you don't have any valid excuses.
My $0.02 :)

I named a tonn of valid reasons, so now you know better.

Learn from your mistakes.

I LOVE MICROSOFT dont get me wrong i dont know what id do with out windows apple computers confuse the ---- out of me :p

i just dont like IE because i get pop ups even when popup blocker is on somtimes viruses its slower * i swear it really is* and FF LOOKS BETTER lol :D you have mor econtroll i think

i just dont like ie everything els microsoft i like allot

veggie1232 said:
i just dont like ie everything els microsoft i like allot

Well I guess thats a start.

I suggest you try thunderbird - after you do, you'll hate outlook.
And try trillian - after you do, you'll hate msn.

That will be another step forward.

I use Thunderbird, I was the one who showed it to him.

Starcraftmazter said:
Learn from your mistakes.
I made no mistakes. If you get spyware/adware from using IE than you do not know how to browse the internet. I do everything from downloading stuff(songs, etc.) on the internet to browsing forums such as Internet Explorer and I never get adware or spyware.
What Browser am I using? IE 6. If you want to hate me because of that, and you think FF is all that, go ahead. I'm fine with using IE on my Windows computer, but I do use FF on my linux computer because it's the best browser for linux that I have on there, and there is no IE.

Last edited:
Tree said:
I like Outlook...

Outlook Express is crappy, but Outlook is just fine.
I'm sure it is. But I couldn't justify the $100 or so that it costs over what Thunderbird already does for free.

I always thought that people who didn't like microsoft were just mad at the company and stuff untill I started using other programs by other companies. For example I never had a problem with IE untill I used Firefox and found out how EASY and SAFE it was. I LOVE the tabbed browsing, I use firefox so much that everytime I get on a computer without firefox I have a terrible time browsing the net. I never understood how I survived all those crappy windows and pop ups pilling up on my window. ---- IE!

Starcraftmazter said:
Great, so now you hate outlook too.

i dont hate it but i didnt like it from the begining and i asked stuff radio if there are any other programs that are free and better and he suggested thunder bird

stuffradio said:
I made no mistakes.

The hell you didn't, read my posts again.

stuffradio said:
If you get spyware/adware from using IE than you do not know how to browse the internet. I do everything from downloading stuff(songs, etc.) on the internet to browsing forums such as Internet Explorer and I never get adware or spyware.

Parasites are non-discriminatory, as long as you're using IE you will get them, and you have them too, you just don't know how to find them....and that doesn't really surprise me, because if you did, you wouldn't be using IE.

IE is a piece of crap for numerous reasons though, and security is just one of them.
The fact that you choose to use greatly inferior products makes me laugh.
How are you ever going to succeed in life?

If someone offered you $1 or $1,000,000 I supose you'd take the $1 too? :lol:

Way to rage, starcraftmazter.

Incidentally, trillian is a crap program. I used Trillian as an alternative to MSN for a while. It lasted all of about two weeks, then I gladly went back to MSN. MSN used to crash, lag, etc a lot on my old computer but on my (new) computer that I use now, it's perfect. I think it's only crashed once, but I kinda caused that myself ;).

I don't know why you all get so antsy about it. I prefer Opera to IE, but I prefer MSN to Trillian, etc. Sure Microsoft has a LOT of faults, nobody can deny that, but all programs can crash .. No point raging about it :)

veggie1232 said:
Starcraftmazter just stfu no one likes u lol
lol, amen! He just thinks he knows everything doesn't he? Or maybe he is just defensive because he really is the one who has a lot of bad luck with IE and he thinks because someone can go years without getting Spyware/Adware whilst using IE. So, in closing... his posts about me are not worth listening to because he knows nothing about me, and my intellectual life unlike those who don't know how to spell, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back