• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NBA finals

who is going to win the NBA finals?

• LA Lakers

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • SA Spurs

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sacramento Kings

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Dallas Mavericks

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Others

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by DCI
lol.. just because c-webber is good you hate him :eek:

Kings will r0x over smelly Lakers.

Just because the Lakers are the two-time defending champion, you hate them. :eek:

YAAAY!!! Nets going to the finals. Screw the Celtics. Whoo.. Now KINGS!!! LETS GO KINGS!

it is always unwise to push Shaq and the Lakers to the corner because you know they will come back hard at you.

Also, I reckon that all Lakers need is a consistent 3rd scorer and then they could EASILY beat anyone, including the Kings.

Originally posted by Bruce
Now that's what I'm talkin 'bout.

Lakers 106
Kings 102

i missed the 3rd and half of the last quater, but bryant did make good use of the elbow against bibby's face!

geeez the official has got some problems

Originally posted by chicos

i missed the 3rd and half of the last quater, but bryant did make good use of the elbow against bibby's face!

Yeah, that should have been a foul...big time. And Shaq makes so many fouls. He deserves to foul out every game, with the kind of push and shove tactic he always uses..

Originally posted by DCI
i agree with chicos. Some nasty fouls that were never got called. SAD.

Same as Game 5 when Shaq fouled out and Kobe had 5 fouls... :rolleyes:

conkermaniac, if you were as big and as heavy as Shaq, you would do the same thing. He's taking advantage of his size and power. If there happens to be another Shaq-like player guarding Shaquille O'Neal, there wouldn't be as many fouls called on him. Why? Mainly because he can contain Shaq's strength. Unlike Divac, who clearly tries to flip-flop just because he knows he can't guard Shaq. And don't tell me you want Shaq to be a finesse player like Hakeem or Ewing... :rolleyes:

As for the Kobe elbow, it depends on how you look at it. Surely, a Laker hater would see it as a BIG foul. I didn't see it that way. Bibby was holding onto Kobe and he didn't even look at the player inbounding the ball. The only way Kobe could get into a better position was to push Bibby out of the way and the elbow was just an accident.

Originally posted by GRiN

Unlike Divac, who clearly tries to flip-flop just because he knows he can't guard Shaq.
Divac can hit 3 pointers, and Shaq only knows how to muscle here and there, if not he is virtually useless.

Originally posted by The Red Guy
Divac can hit 3 pointers, and Shaq only knows how to muscle here and there, if not he is virtually useless.

Yeah, Overall Divac is a lot better.

If Divac is better than Shaq, then I guess you're trying to say he's the best player in the NBA. You seem pretty clueless about the NBA... ROTFLMAO

And if you're saying Divac can shoot the 3s, so what? Bryce Drew can do the same thing. Imagine if Shaq can hit the 3s, he's going to be the best player ever in NBA history.

Dude.. Shaq is clearly not the best player in the NBA. Hes not great overall.

What can Shaq do? ooH. over power everyone with his strength and dunk it and get fouls. right.

thats all.

Divac can at least shoot from other positions. What shaq cant.

You're just saying that the best player has to be able to do everything possible? I agree with that, partially. Players like Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar didn't need to take the outside shots because they were so good with their inside game, no one was able to guard them. Each player has his own style of playing, I'm sure you have yours. Shaq happens to be extremely good at this playing style and he's not going to start practicing hitting free-throws or outside jumpers now.

Oh, is there anyone in the NBA that can "over power everyone with his strength and dunk it and get fouls"? Nope. Fine, I might have used the wrong word, Shaq might not be the best but the most dominant. Don't even say he doesn't have skills, if he doesn't then how would it be possible for him to hit those turn around one-handed jumpers? Have you seen Oliver Miller do that...?

Originally posted by DCI
Dude.. Shaq is clearly not the best player in the NBA. Hes not great overall.

What can Shaq do? ooH. over power everyone with his strength and dunk it and get fouls. right.

thats all.
Yes, shoot these nice little shots up and overpower everyone. Hmmm, that's really not someone I'd want on my team, you? :rolleyes: There's a reason that teams are always concerned about Shaq, that he's a dominating force, both on the court and mentally for the rest of the players, and one of the reasons the Lakers have kicked donkey. If you don't pick him for your team, I call him, heh. He's the exact type of player you want in that position. You couldn't really ask for more than a huge, powerful giant who can shoot.

He might not be the best player in the NBA (I wouldn't say that either), however he's one of the best players for what he does and for the team.

Shaq is ONE OF them most dominant players in the NBA. The most dominant in baseketball really is up to each person to decide. But to not give him his props for his ability to "over power everyone with his strength and dunk it and get fouls" is the sign that one denies his ability, because that ability gets him 27.2 PPG(25.8 PPG) and 10.7 RPG(12.6 RPG) (Parenthesis is his playoff numbers). The only Center in the NBA that can compare to that is Tim Duncan(25.5/27.6 PPG, 12.7/14.4 RPG).

Plus Shaq can still block shots so he is valuable on the defensive end also(the presence alone makes people hesitate coming right at the hoop).

The object of basketball is to score and to prevent the other team from scoring. That means actually scoring, blocking shots, rebounding, and getting assists(not the main job of a center though). Doesn't matter if it is done by hitting shots from beyond the 3-point mark, or getting them only in the paint and free throw line. Their aren't extra points for doing it in different fashions unless you shoot beyond the arc, and Divac can't do that himself.

That said, Shaq, if he wasn't as huge as he is, would be merely an average center. But that is like saying, if Bryant didn't have that touch he has to his shots, he would merely be average.

Back