• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Merged] InvisionBoard B1 released today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by conkermaniac
Geez...that board looks almost exactly like Ikonboard, in features, layout, and even some buttons. I have yet to see what the posting screen looks like, but I can predict that it will look A LOT like Ikonboard's. I'll let you know what I think.

Anyway, I got a 0.30 server load and there were something like 50 users online when I was there.
*sigh*, you do know it's created by the same guy that create ikonboard right? People have a kind of "style", and it's hard to change it.

I think that the new style although has some links in the same place as ikonboard is quite different.

Let's not get into this again, IB = Matt. IBF = Matt.

Originally posted by Asian_DOC
*sigh*, you do know it's created by the same guy that create ikonboard right? People have a kind of "style", and it's hard to change it.

I think that the new style although has some links in the same place as ikonboard is quite different.

That's not true. Almost every board looks like vb and even IB is included. However, everyone does have his own style, and some parts do resemble ib.

I have yet to see what the posting screen looks like, but I can predict that it will look A LOT like Ikonboard's.
It looks much the same as the posting screen here :) I can do a screen dump if you wish. I am a member at one of these boards (as of today) :)

Originally posted by The Red Guy
That's not true. Almost every board looks like vb and even IB is included. However, everyone does have his own style, and some parts do resemble ib.

Correction : Almost every board looks like UBB, even vB. UBB was the original which invented the current look all the boards have.

I'm not stupid. I obviously know that the creators are the same. However, that does not in one bit justify why IBForums looks just like Ikonboard. This was the same guy that had coded the original versions of IB, as well. And those did not look a thing like Ikonboard. Clearly, it has NOTHING to do with his style. He's just lazy. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Warp
Arent all the "modern" boards based on UBB?

Yep, they are. It seems like there are a only a few main types of boards: linear w/ table (UBB), linear w/o table, threaded (WWWBoards), linear/threaded (Boardmaster), and non-threaded (Yahoo Groups! and BBS).

He's just lazy. :rolleyes:
Again, you're being biased. You judge him for his former creation ib and that is something I can understand. You have to give others a second chance. I was not in favour of ibforums at first but after that, I'm in full suport of it.

I'm not stupid. I obviously know that the creators are the same. However, that does not in one bit justify why IBForums looks just like Ikonboard. This was the same guy that had coded the original versions of IB, as well. And those did not look a thing like Ikonboard. Clearly, it has NOTHING to do with his style. He's just lazy. :rolleyes:
By style I mean how he place some of the stuff, e.g. board statistics at the bottom. It is a format that he finds "optimum", and that is why he keeps it. The default style also looks different to ikonboard, only with the same format, you could say that it looks like vB. All in all, the the "default" format of most modern board are similiar.

It is obvious that you HATE invisionboard for one reason or another. And you can him lazy, then I'd like to see you create a default style that nearly everyone will like but resembles NO OTHER board right now. No, not just "skinning" it, but change the whole format. GOOD LUCK.

Acutally.. if you DISLIKE the layout so much.... why dont you redo it? Just like you can with vB.....

Another question is.. why change the look of something that *works* already?

I must say that I'm very very impressed with IBForums beta 1. It is simply nice. I'd rate it above phpbb 2, if not for the fact that it is after all a beta version. However, for those who don't have the cash to buy vb, try IBForums first before thinking about phpbb 2.
you can't customise it alot however.

Many people are still finding ways to center the top image.

By style I mean how he place some of the stuff, e.g. board statistics at the bottom. It is a format that he finds "optimum", and that is why he keeps it. The default style also looks different to ikonboard, only with the same format, you could say that it looks like vB. All in all, the the "default" format of most modern board are similiar.

It is obvious that you HATE invisionboard for one reason or another. And you can him lazy, then I'd like to see you create a default style that nearly everyone will like but resembles NO OTHER board right now. No, not just "skinning" it, but change the whole format. GOOD LUCK.

But you still haven't proven anything. It looks just like Ikonboard. Do you see phpBB or WBB have the same format of displaying the "last post"? Has phpBB or WBB used the same format of having the board statistics show the members online, birthdays, and statistics in the EXACT same order at the bottom? Not to mention pretty much the same things. And the same textbox style at the bottom of each topic listing table saying "Showing x of y topics sorted by "whatever" in "whatever order" from the last z days"? And while we're at it, what about the SAME emoticons, the same positioning of the buttons above and below each post, the statistics of each user in the left column of every post, etc.? Do phpBB and WBB all have the SAME positioning? To be different from what IBForums has done to Ikonboard, all I would have to do is create a similar template that follows no other particular board.

To be different from what IBForums has done to Ikonboard, all I would have to do is create a similar template that follows no other particular board.
You'll have to change some of the coding too.

You'll have to change some of the coding too.

Huh? He just challenged me to design a template that people would enjoy and was totally different than any other board. However, I am not obliged to do so, as IBForums totally ripped off of Ikonboard. I don't care if it's the same person. I've seen boards designed by the same person that are TOTALLY different. There is no excuse for laziness.

But you still haven't proven anything. It looks just like Ikonboard. Do you see phpBB or WBB have the same format of displaying the "last post"? Has phpBB or WBB used the same format of having the board statistics show the members online, birthdays, and statistics in the EXACT same order at the bottom? Not to mention pretty much the same things. And the same textbox style at the bottom of each topic listing table saying "Showing x of y topics sorted by "whatever" in "whatever order" from the last z days"? And while we're at it, what about the SAME emoticons, the same positioning of the buttons above and below each post, the statistics of each user in the left column of every post, etc.? Do phpBB and WBB all have the SAME positioning? To be different from what IBForums has done to Ikonboard, all I would have to do is create a similar template that follows no other particular board.

Graphics I believe are done by another person.. who also did them for Ikonboard......

Both boards programmed by the same team.. of course they will be similar....

And its not a matter of "lazyiness" its also because of what the USERS WANT.

Stop nit picking....

Because if you keep nit picking... you are just lazzzyyy...... (should change your style....)

Huh? He just challenged me to design a template that people would enjoy and was totally different than any other board. However, I am not obliged to do so, as IBForums totally ripped off of Ikonboard. I don't care if it's the same person. I've seen boards designed by the same person that are TOTALLY different. There is no excuse for laziness.

Different Audience I suppose???

IBF has the same audience of Ikonboard... People liked the ikonboard look... so why change it and confuse ppl?

Thats another reason why phpBB2 SUCKS ROTTEN APPLES - post topic etc are on the left....... they should have put them on the right hand side....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back