• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Merged] InvisionBoard B1 released today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by murat
hey its no bad

It's a great board! But I'm just saying that it literally ripped off of Ikonboard. Anybody that says they do not like Ikonboard's features and layout would be a hypocrite if they said that IBForums looked wonderful. But then again, I think people hate Ikonboard more for being such a resource hog.

Originally posted by conkermaniac

Well, maybe if you bothered to read my post, you'd understand.
I did. Do not assume.

Ok, now I will tell you the differences between ikonboard and ibforums:

* The post icons (in the posting page) is located near the bottom instead of the the top.

* "< Next Oldest | Next Newest >" is located on the left not the right

* Inclusion of "Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic" in the top right

* Inclusion of Member number on posts

* The keys (ones that show you what each envelope means) are in a different way.

* "Mark this forum as read" is next to the "Topic Title" heading instead of at the bottom of the page.

* Board statistics are worded differently"

* Addition of "Today's Birthday" heading

* "New posts" next to "Log Out" is replaced by "New messages"

* Addition of: "The moderating team" "Todays active topics" "Todays top 10 posters" "Overall top 10 posters" on the main page.

* Different style memberCP

* For the member list, the criteria function for it is located below instead of above.

OK, you provided an incredibly weak argument in your list of features (most of them were so minor that they could never be considered). Well, I already accept that there are a lot of differences. However, it's not the lack of differences that surprises and shocks me. It's the number of similarities. As I look at the post screen, despite the rearrangement of the posticons section, the posticons/emoticons are the exact same! Surely it can't be that hard to design a new set! That's in addition to the features I have listed already.

Sure the smilies look similiar, but they are different. Do you expect a :) to look like a :(?

If you look closely ARE different despite looking similar. Oh, the vBulletin smilies here look similiar also.

I can't beat you in this argument, why? Because you seem to the like opposite.

E.g.,
I don't care about the differences, look at the smilarities.
I don't care it's the same person. He ripped himself off. :D

Oh, btw, the member profile page is different too, but it can't be considered because it's too minor.

Just for the record: The number of similiaries between vBulletin and ikonboard (and most other modern boards) SHOCK me too! http://forums.drcorp.net/html/emoticons/wow.gif

I'm not stupid. I obviously know that the creators are the same. However, that does not in one bit justify why IBForums looks just like Ikonboard. This was the same guy that had coded the original versions of IB, as well. And those did not look a thing like Ikonboard. Clearly, it has NOTHING to do with his style. He's just lazy. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but why do you think you have the right to be so critical of someone's work? Have you made a bulletin board script of this magnitude on your own before? Do you absolutely have to bash every board that comes your way? Why not add the good points before the bad ones and be a little more positive? Or are you so obsessed with Aimoo that you can't say anything positive about anything else? Calling someone lazy won't get you anywhere. The guy has a full-time job, give him a little respect!

Last edited:

...what about the SAME emoticons, the same positioning of the buttons above and below each post, the statistics of each user in the left column of every post, etc.?

Hmm.. as far as I know we have remade emoticons from absolute scratch, they might look as the old ones, but that's because we like that style, anything wrong with liking particular style?. Also, the smileys at Ikonboard are new as well.
The buttons in posts? Well, is that a crime to have the same positioning of them?
Statistics of the user in each post. Hmm, I don't see how it resebles the Ikonboard look. It doesn't even have the same position of the info.

Besides, it's all just a skin. Don't like it? Just take your ideas and your creativity and make something better that won't look like aything else around. Is that so really hard?

Can't goto there website:
"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@invisionpower.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request"
Any other download site?

Originally posted by dmbtech
Can't goto there website:
"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@invisionpower.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request"
Any other download site?

http://www.invisionboard.com/forums/

From sources/Search.php

| The other downside to such a feature would be the overhaul needed to update it
| with new posts/topics and topic movement / deletion.
|
| I figure that people post more than they search, so a full table scan once per
| search request is offset against the CPU to keep the search log tables up to date
|
| I'm going to stick my neck out and go the full table scan route. It's not as effecient
| as a search table would be, but the benefits include no overhead updating it, and a smaller
| overall DB size - which is vital to some people on certain hosts.
|
| This may change if it becomes apparent that it's not very efficient in the long run
This is the single reason why i'm not going to use IBForum on any of the message boards I manage. Petty? Maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back