• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Latest Gadgets this 2011

Can anyone who use an iPand or iPhone or other cool gadget which can be used to browse internet and tell me how is my site loading? I tried to improve the speed and installed a plugin which should detect mobile devices and display a special theme for them. Not sure if it's working.

Thank you gemocht. So the plugin is not working. I have 2 options:
1) continue optimizing the speed by reducing size of images and compressing files like I am doing now,
2) implement a java script to detect mobile devices and display a special theme for them. Seems like plugins won't do a good job, a job by hand is a better job.

Last edited:
iPhone 5 will be leading gadget, It’s selling rate is very high and battery and buttons having no problem.

I personally don't get the IPAD... there are better tablets out there. And the IPAD2 was just an attempt to compete with them.

iPad 2, pomegranate phone, iPhone 5, Blackberry and Microsoft Mobile Phones.

pomegranate phone is not real man. lol

I personally don't get the IPAD... there are better tablets out there. And the IPAD2 was just an attempt to compete with them.

i like to play devils advocate, so, what tablet is better? people always say that "oh, android is better than ipoe", but, if that was true, why does my iphone never freeze, slow down, or have any issues unless it was actually defective? i have had every iPhone, and not had problems with any of them unless i personally did something to mess one up. i have had 6 different windows mobile phones and had nothing but problems, and my ex-wife and my current girlfriend have android phone, along with a bunch of my friends having them, and they are always having issues, especially phone freezing. the same goes for the iPad vs android tablets. so, im curious what ones are supposedly better?

Last edited:
i like to play devils advocate, so, what tablet is better? people always say that "oh, android is better than ipoe", but, if that was true, why does my iphone never freeze, slow down, or have any issues unless it was actually defective? i have had every iPhone, and not had problems with any of them unless i personally did something to mess one up. i have had 6 different windows mobile phones and had nothing but problems, and my ex-wife and my current girlfriend have android phone, along with a bunch of my friends having them, and they are always having issues, especially phone freezing. the same goes for the iPad vs android tablets. so, im curious what ones are supposedly better?

I don't think that's playing devil's advocate. YOu sound more like an advocate of apple products. Many tablets that are using the android operating system are not defective, don't freeze or slow down. Something the ipad tablet does have an issue with. And your personal experience doesn't speak for others. I've only had problems with apple products... including iphones that have crashed completely. The Iphone 4 itself was fatally flawed (has a design flaw)... I know many who own androids and have no issues with them. You certainly sound like an advocate... not a devil's advocate.

http://www.amazon.com/Viewsonic-G-T...V7TK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1301419823&sr=8-6

http://www.amazon.com/MOTOROLA-XOOM...SU/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1301419823&sr=8-12

Here are some tablets that are better.

I've had major problems with apple products, including have many others. Lets not even talk about their computers, which are riddled with errors. Plus I've gone through several itouch players... which have failed.

It's important to keep an open mind of what is out there. And that Apple certainly doesn't produce the most stable devices. Many people have had problems with them. It's a misconception to think their devices are flawless and are the best performing, when they clearly are not.

Last edited:
i appreciate your opinion, and yeah, i was playing devils advocate, cause you could have said iPad is the best thing ever and i would possibly agree with that, but, i would also ask why you think that over android devices. i agree that android devices are nice, but, i have see and had a lot of problems with android devices. i however have not had any issues with apple products except for things i have caused myself. the only problem i have actually had is when i cracked my iphone, and i ended up bricking the device, but then fixed it and was perfect again. if the device was to freeze for some reason, i find it much easier to do a hard reset than to take the back off of the device and have to remove a battery.

it sounds more like you are not an apple advocate just cause of a bad experience you have had. that s to bad for you. i have two apple laptops, a desktop, had every iphone, have had 3 nanos and a regular ipod, and i have had 0 problems with any of them. i was a hardcore windows user will about 3 years ago now. i switched to apple and havent looked back. im curious to that errors the computers are riddled with considering i have not had any issues?

apple also uses quality hardware that just lasts. i have never had a computer be almost 3 years old and run as strong today as the day i brought it home. i have never had to reformat it or redo anything. it just simply works, as have all my apple devices

That's fine and I'll respect your opinion. We all make buying decisions based on what we think is best for our needs and what we think are the best devices. Digital cameras is one I can argue for days and days (but I won't hahahah!)... I choose Canon. Some others choose Sony (which I feel have problems with internal software issues)...

I've just had a lot of bad experiences with Apple devices, as have many I have known. So much that I ditched the ipod/itouches and went with Creative. I also had a bad experience with a Microsoft Zune... but I might give them another shot too. I also think that Apple ipods/itouches are very poor when it comes to durability (which is also a issue for me). Also, the iphone 4 has a fatal design flaw (i'm not sure if they ever fixed it).

I'm not impressed by any apple devices. They are not fast, not efficient and are often overrated. And playing devils advocate, yet you own two apple laptops, a apple desktop, iphones and many ipods? Are you serious? Lets be honest here... you're an advocate of apple products. Not that there is a problem with that.

Apple in my opinion does not use quality hardware, and in their computers they are often using older technology not up-to-date with PCs. In addition, Apple computers lack customization and upgradeability (huge problem for me), and they also suffer from a lack of software support (huge minus). Apple makes most of their money in MP3 and cell phones, not computers... and their attention has been moving away from that market. In addition, Windows 7, in my opinion, was a tremendous blow against Apple... as it is far more stable then Mac OS and has more options. Many people feel the same way as me, hence the continued domination of PC in the market. In addition, there is significant competition in the PC desktop and laptop markets allowing for greater levels of advancement and option.

"it sounds more like you are not an apple advocate just cause of a bad experience you have had."

Excuse me? It sounds like you're not a PC advocate (and other devices) just cause of a bad experience you have had. ;) I can turn that around. ;)

You're not playing devil's advocate. Lets be honest here. Devil's advocate means you're a strong PC user, but you attempt to take the side of an Apple user. But you've said you're an Apple user, and taking the side of an Apple user.

Apple is not a competitive company... they do not allow third party manufacturers to make their computers/laptops. There is no "one" PC laptop or desktop maker. There are many out there. Tons. And if you wanted, you could build and customize your own PC from scratch, starting with the case, the motherboard and so forth. This is why I would never switch over the Macs. I just don't have that option and nor do I like the inferior hardware options in their desktops and laptops. In addition, Mac desktops and laptops are very expensive and overpriced for what you are getting!

And as far as MP3 players, have you really looked or tried other brands? I've had superior experiences with Creative... based on their superior sound quality.

Last edited:
just so you are aware, i just named the apple products to show why i am in support of them for the argument. i also own 2 windows blade servers, 2 windows desktop servers, 3 windows workstations, and 4 windows laptops. and i was a huge apple hater till 3 years ago myself.

"Apple in my opinion does not use quality hardware, and in their computers they are often using older technology not up-to-date with PCs."

Are you serious man? how are any of the things thy use not up to date? they are constantly innovating things. they have the most eco-friendly computers, best looking displays, longest battery life, and to say they arent fast is a joke. i have a windows machine with 6GB Ram and a 64 Quad core sitting on my desk, and my dual core apple laptop with 4GB RAM smokes it. i need half the power in my apple products to do things. apple is also the only one integrating thunderbolt. that ---- transfers 10GB per second. that is 2 times faster than USB3. yeah, apple isnt integrating USB3, why should they?

Windows 7, meh, it is decent for a Windows OS. i use is on the PC mentioned above. It is decent, but, in no way do i feel it is better than OS X. It is really vista with the bugs worked out. pretty much what XP was to ME. How the heck is Windows 7 more stable than OS X? I have to reboot my Windows machine at least once a week to clear up the RAM. I have rebooted my Mac 1 time in the last 3 months. My Windows machine will freeze up when dealing with large PS files. My Mac just keeps working.

I will say this bad about apple... I do LOVE how sleek and nice the products look. they are beautiful. hands down, the looking devices out there. however, i do feel like i have to be much more gentle with the products cause i might bang it and put a dent or scratch in in. plastic case laptops dont make me feel like i have to be extra careful. they actually are really strong, but, i totally feel like i have to be gentle, and i dont like that.

"Apple computers lack customization and upgradeability (huge problem for me), and they also suffer from a lack of software support (huge minus)"

really, what type of customization are we talking? you want a liquid cooled system, or do you mean you simply want to add 10 hard drives and 32GB of Ram, cause, you can do that, you can all that. the OS has nothing to do with standard hardware man. so, you are making comments that really make no sense. as for software, the only limitation i would see that you may have are some games. apple is not a gaming computer, never has been, but, with the way things are going, it could easily take over the gaming computer market. they have nicer graphics, they ARE faster, more reliable (built on BSD wich is built on Linux, and that is just much more reliable than Windows any day), and they have quality hardware. that is why you cant buy one for $300.

"And as far as MP3 players, have you really looked or tried other brands? I've had superior experiences with Creative... based on their superior sound quality. "

I have had Zune, Creative and some other device years ago that I cant recall the name of. wasnt impressed with any of them, and actually ran into a lot of issues where they wouldnt pla certiani file types. People knock itunes, but, i know that with anything in my itunes, i can easily transfer to my phone or ipod since it converts the file when syncing. that is just nice IMO.

Last edited:
Are you serious man? how are any of the things thy use not up to date? they are constantly innovating things. they have the most eco-friendly computers, best looking displays, longest battery life, and to say they arent fast is a joke. i have a windows machine with 6GB Ram and a 64 Quad core sitting on my desk, and my dual core apple laptop with 4GB RAM smokes it. i need half the power in my apple products to do things. apple is also the only one integrating thunderbolt. that ---- transfers 10GB per second. that is 2 times faster than USB3. yeah, apple isnt integrating USB3, why should they?

They are not the most innovative, and use inferior hardware. And I highly doubt that your "dual core" apple laptop smokes it. Apples operate off Intel processors now. Thunderbolt has a lot more problems including lack of support, and have limited bandwidth (read the article I post later)... that's wishful thinking on your part. They are not the fastest machines out there, and they lack customization options. My desktop with 8GB of ram, quadcore AMD Phenom smokes any Apple desktop out there. So come on. Be real.

Windows 7, meh, it is decent for a Windows OS. i use is on the PC mentioned above. It is decent, but, in no way do i feel it is better than OS X. It is really vista with the bugs worked out. pretty much what XP was to ME. How the heck is Windows 7 more stable than OS X? I have to reboot my Windows machine at least once a week to clear up the RAM. I have rebooted my Mac 1 time in the last 3 months. My Windows machine will freeze up when dealing with large PS files. My Mac just keeps working.

Those are your feelings. And no it's not Vista. Windows 7 is way more stable then OS X. I had major crashes on new Apple machines (including brand news at my school), and have lost papers. I have no issues with my PC... haven't had a crash in a very long time.

I will say this bad about apple... I do LOVE how sleek and nice the products look. they are beautiful. hands down, the looking devices out there. however, i do feel like i have to be much more gentle with the products cause i might bang it and put a dent or scratch in in. plastic case laptops dont make me feel like i have to be extra careful. they actually are really strong, but, i totally feel like i have to be gentle, and i dont like that.

No they aren't. There are PC desktop cases that are now far more nicer then Apples... that's personal perspective.

really, what type of customization are we talking? you want a liquid cooled system, or do you mean you simply want to add 10 hard drives and 32GB of Ram, cause, you can do that, you can all that. the OS has nothing to do with standard hardware man. so, you are making comments that really make no sense. as for software, the only limitation i would see that you may have are some games. apple is not a gaming computer, never has been, but, with the way things are going, it could easily take over the gaming computer market. they have nicer graphics, they ARE faster, more reliable (built on BSD wich is built on Linux, and that is just much more reliable than Windows any day), and they have quality hardware. that is why you cant buy one for $300.

You cannot do that ON apple machines, and you cannot make basic changes with hard-ware. My comments make really no sense? I need to be honest here, you're sounding like an Apple fan boy. Lets be honest. Apple machines are not fast, and are not as fast as PCs. They do not have quality hardware. Now I think this argument is becoming dishonest. You need to admit to several things. Apples do not have the latest hardware, andn or can you remove hardware and taking it out. I'm not talking about the OS anymore. I know how to build machines from scratch. They do not have nicer graphics, they are not faster, and they certainly ARE NOT MORE RELIABLE. And they cannot take over the gaming computer market... with the way things are going... Apple may be lucky to survive in the computer market.

You're an apple advocate. Lets be honest... or you wouldn't be making these misleading statements about PCs. And you wouldn't be denouncing my factual statements on the lack of customization with Apple.

Lets get down to the key point. Apples are NOT faster, and haven't been in years. Maybe 10 years ago they were, but times are changing.

I have had Zune, Creative and some other device years ago that I cant recall the name of. wasnt impressed with any of them, and actually ran into a lot of issues where they wouldnt pla certiani file types. People knock itunes, but, i know that with anything in my itunes, i can easily transfer to my phone or ipod since it converts the file when syncing. that is just nice IMO.

Wow. You can't be serious? Apples need to convert files into their own format before they can be played. The Creative X-FI2 I have has by far better sound then Ipods, and also nicer looking in my opinion. I never had any issue with it personally. When you transfer to songs to ipods you lose sound quality. It's just the reality.

You defend inferior hardware, you defend computers that basically operate off Intel CPUs... what else will come up next?

http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000E29-1282828870

By the way, there are certain things that may mark the end of Apple. Like what I post above. A PCI-X SSD hard-drive... ever heard of it? It may be the standard in a few years... when prices drop further.

http://www.intel.com/technology/io/thunderbolt/index.htm

And it's actually Intel that is a primary supporter of this technology.

http://www.crn.com/news/components-...;jsessionid=vEixNAPK-Fsf1MblDuwHWg**.ecappj02

AMD has blasted the technology...

""AMD-based platforms support USB 3.0 which offers 4.8 Gb/s of peak bandwidth, AMD natively supports SATA 6Gb/s with our 8-series chipsets," the AMD spokesperson reportedly said. "Existing standards offer remarkable connectivity and together far exceed the 10 Gb/s peak bandwidth of Thunderbolt. These solutions meet and exceed the bandwidth utilization of many peripherals." "
-----

The problem with the technology is it is fundamentally misleading.

Still no matter the argument...

"Apple updated its Macbook Pro line with both Intel's Thunderbolt and Sandy Bridge platforms last week, replacing its Intel Core 2 Duo processors and bringing optical cable technology to the Mac platform. The refreshed 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro systems also include a discrete AMD Radeon graphics card running alongside Intel's Sandy Bridge platform. "

-----

The technology is by Intel, not Apple. And it will appear on PCs too. So it is fundamentally misleading to say Apple is the only one integrating it. The problem with it is it can actually limit bandwidth, hence why throughput options are always better.

This criticism has strong evidence.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Th...yPort-10-Gb-s-Proprietary-Standard,12297.html

You see the reality is that Light Peak, Intel's previous idea had better promise then Thunberbolt.

"Intel has previously indicated that Thunderbolt is currently aimed at professionals, not the mainstream consumer. The company also believes that the adoption rate will not be "considerably limited." - They are even admitting that it won't be wide spread supported by many device manufacturers.

Really a nice try. But USB3 will be the standard.

Last edited:
at this point, we just need to agree to disagree. you think apple is crap and do nothing but try to bash them, and then try to say im a fan boy just cause i am defending against your incorrect information or your opinion. i dont have the time or energy to keep going back and fourth with you. its a waste of time and keeping me from being productive doing other things. so, instead, i will chalk up your last response with this, especially regarding to customization and being slow...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAROFLMAOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHALOLHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the laugh, now i must move the paperweight, oops, i mean windows machine, off my desk, so that i have room to use a good computer. thanks for your time. kthnxbye

Okay cool. As I said though, we all make decisions based on our needs. I have my needs, and I am indeed a PC Fan boy (but not a Microsoft one though I like Win 7) and you have your needs. I've already posted evidence for my beliefs and facts.

But your response was really not necessary. I've posted relevant information.

I'll stick to my superior PC thanks very much, with its faster speeds and better hardware. ;) Enjoy your paperweight Mac... I guess you can enjoy Safari lmao... while I enjoy a plethora of programs you can't get.

What you're discussing is the OS more than the actual computer. They're both the same these days with hardware. It's just like if I bought a Dell, or VAIO or HP or any other brand computer, I'd still be bounded by the Terms (usually anyway) to not modify, update, or alter the hardware inside the computer (for years, or for insurance purposes). That's kind of the same with Macs, though you have more of a flexibility issue. Since drivers for all hardware isn't available within the MacOS system, you can't just install any new hardware.

I like using MacOS on my laptop, but I actually think Macs are not that nice looking, it could be because I'd be scared because of the price I paid to modify the case, add some colour or add a mod into it. You're just the same as everyone else, scared to touch the thing in case you damage it. Metal will dent, my plastic case, while sometimes may be horrible to touch, is sturdy.

Macs, as a all-in-one system, including OS, are just as bad as those Windows computers you can buy which come with Windows, obviously. You're still tied to Terms, OS (if you can't use certain hardware with even something like Linux based systems, or even have a Hackintosh) or even Linux only netbooks. I like MacOS, for simplicity and simple stuff, but its not a good OS, I'd always see it in the lines of free OS's. I like using it because of how many Mac designers think and design, but that isn't a pro-Mac by any means, because the same can be done on other systems. I prefer using my Hack for social, email, blogging, some coding stuff etc, just because it keeps me focused because I don't have much in terms of on-screen to distract me.

and you are a fan boy iBright...

Back