• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Kiddie Hosts, and their oversold resellers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely not. But I've been wrong before.

Upon some research into this matter, I found out that a man named "Mark Brown" who is 30 years old owns My-E-Space.
Registrant:
Shelley Brown

I really hope Shelley is his wife. Otherwise...

Last edited:
x10|Robert said:
Thats what I'd say (though, I wouldnt buy from you b/c your goofy ;) :beer: j/k)... I would prefer to go with a smaller company rather then a larger one because of the close Client-Staff relationships... Anyone who has experienced this with the larger companies I would be surprised... I have to nearly threaten every support staff person I have met at larger companies because they wouldnt/didnt do the right job...

At the smaller company it was always done with a smile on their face and done fast..

It's all fine and dandy to think that some small businesses may treat you better, but the chances of it actually happening are dsmall. As for client-staff relationships, even at the end of my term with Nextbox, it became very difficult to remember one client from another. I would constantly be saying "what was your domain again, what's the issue?" I provided excellent support, it just wasn't a personal relationship. After the sale was made and the client was satisfied, that was it. I can sitll remember the clients who contacted me almost daily with non-existant problems though. :p

I didnt notice that post until now. Thanks for the link to it!

In response to that, We are not resellers, we operate from our own servers, and have a dedicated support staff ready to assist our clients 24x7. I WISH I were young enough to be concidered a kiddie host!,,lol.

I guess that person just wanted to get an extra post or something!

Last edited:
my-e-space said:
I didnt notice that post until now. Thanks for the link to it!

In response to that, We are not resellers, we operate from our own servers, and have a dedicated support staff ready to assist our clients 24x7. Our servers are located at Liquidweb datacenter in Lansing MI. Heres an IP to ping and check out
nameservers are
ns1.my-e-space.net
ns2.my-e-space.net

I guess that person just wanted to get an extra post or something!
You know as well as I know, Anyone could have the same information that you just posted above... With 99.9% of the reseller accounts, you get IP Address's that you can turn into NS...

No, Im not doubting you.. just the information you just provider could be attained by nearly anyone (with a reseller account)

Your right, no way of proveing it I guess. But I spend a good bit of money to NOT be a reseller, and am annoyed by the fact that someone who has never been a client, never sent a pre-sales question, never contacted us at all, would post that we are a kiddie host with nothing to back it up!

HostFrog
I see you posted that, because a host doesn't have reviews that YOU have seen, the host is most likely a kiddie host? I don't see that your comment has any basis behind it? Seems to me that you are just trying to put down the competition, which is very unproffesional!

What most people don't realise is that the big hosts that are offering large disk space quotas and which are successful actually have a good, proven business model.

Godaddy for example allows you to host only 1 domain, and limited databases/email accounts. So do other proven providers who have been in business for a while

However, some start-ups have taken this concept further and made unlimited domain, unlimited database reseller accounts for low prices and huge resource allocations. This is a recipe for disaster IMHO, I can't see how such a business model would succeed in the long-run..

Overselling is something that exists in very industry. The airline industry oversells, but they do so within mathematical limits of probability. Telephone companies do so, based on usage trends. Hosting companies can do so to, provided they have put in some limits..

Overselling without limits results in higher resource usage, and poor service... No, your client isn't going to use all the disk space.. but the average usage of resources and CPU by all your clients would be certainly more

Obviously, you didn't read the post that well. I stated that I wouldn't classify you as a Kiddie Host. Please do not make me retract my statement by being heartbroke about someone posting a comment on WHT about this matter. I suggest you go back to the thread and read my post well before you come on here talking about how I am unprofessional.

I really wonder what actual serious web hosting customers would make of a conversation where hosts are arguing among themselves, calling each other "kiddie hosts"..

Sorry, the quality of discussion here is quite poor.

another way to combat overselling is to have a server ready for "outliers." If someone is using more cpu usage or bandwidth--and is actually taking advantage of your huge offer--then a good thing to do is have a robust server designed specifically for these types of users. If done right, you'll be able to fill up the servers in a way that is economically and statisically feasible. I know some of the bigger hosts have this process automated to some extent.

will have to find the ppt presentation on it.

The conclusion is that all kinds of hosts do over sell.

Kiddy's host's may make bad choices and go under. New members should ask for a trial and pay month by month not yearly thats how they take your money. However any webhosts can go under

The customer has every right to ask for a refund or to leave the host.

anyone in webhosting can make mistakes and thats how we lean from them.

All webhosting comes down too is gread and most people (web hosting or not) are like this.

Support should not judge a webhost as this may be their weakest factor however hosts should povide this.

Go with the best host you fell happy with at the end of the day its your choice

Please fell free to add any other comments

Regards,
Paul Buckley

HostFrog, the way I read it you are saying that since there are no reveiws about My-E-Space, Elix (or whatever his/her name was) is pretty safe to assume that we are kids?

Anyway, I dont know how this turned into an attack on me and my business the whole way through. All I did was voice my opinion on the rediculous actions of overselling kids in the business! And, have now been accused of this whole thing being an advertisment, being a kiddie host, and a being a bedroom host!

For the last time:
It was not an advertisment, as has been established.
I am 30 yrs old, and have been in the hosting business for over a year.
Our servers are housed at LiquidWeb datacenter in lancing MI.
No, we do not own our own datacenter, or even claim to own the servers, they are leased.

JodoHost said:
I really wonder what actual serious web hosting customers would make of a conversation where hosts are arguing among themselves, calling each other "kiddie hosts"..

That is a question I ask myself on a daily basis.

This is what its all about competition,competition should make you stronger and a better ideas man, thats what set's you apart from the other competitors, is not cheaper prices but service.which i personally think the bigger hosts cant provide...

you comment on the so called backyard hosts,but they are the ones who do provide the better service...sure you do get the fly by niter's, but the majority are the better service providers..

competition makes us better.....:)

This thread has turned from bad to worse. 80% of hosts posting in this thread are arguing and calling the other hosts "kiddies". Who cares how old everyone is? You can get people of 30+ who still scam in this way! I've seen it happen.

I don't condone anyone under the age of 18 to start a hosting company, but please... Just stop going on about it!

If a "kiddie" host steals your sale, after a few days (weeks maybe) they will be back, and they will come to a proper host instead of going cheap. Everyone has to learn the hard way sometimes.

But I have to agree that this thread is just one big adverting stunt for my-e-space.

JodoHost said:

The average member's age is quite low here hence a lot of posts are "poor quality" as you put it. But you are doing exactly what you are accusing them of yourself in this very instance. I actually think an average client would be interested to see such discussion and see certain things.

AvailNetworks said:
That is a question I ask myself on a daily basis.

Good for you.

Everybody is bashing this so-called "kiddie hosts", I asked thread starter to define the term. Nobody has actually accused any particular host of being "kiddie".

As far as I'm concerned thread has turned into a "poor" way to discuss unethical hosting.

I dont know what the whole purpose of this topic is besides bragging on how people hate kiddie hosts, if you people hate them so much you'd improve your services and hosting as best as possible,so you can kick kiddie host out of the hosting industry alot faster..., and the kiddie host shouldn't matter much to you since their clients will always end up with a Professional Host.

Maybe e-space is jealous :p

Kids will be kids, why bother?, just focus on your own company instead of complaining like a woman. :wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back