• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

jewlzk my vps is down for more that 2 days

DblPost()

Roland last logged into his own forum: 11-02-2007 12:13 PM

Thats 28 days ago :S

Flavio,

I guess you will learn from this. When you make backups, there is no point in leaving those backups in the server otherwise it's not even worth backing up. Now good luck and I am sorry to hear you lost it all. It really is unfortunate =(

HyperVM backups are made on the same server as your VPS is located - So if your main data is gone, so is your backups.

That's HyperVM Backups that are done from within HyperVM.
The best option for anyone on a VPS is to use off-site backups.

Something you might all have missed, the reply is not from Jewlzk, but the DC.

The DC must manage the VPS's....
Dont make much of a differnce who replys though, They must be trusted they have access to the billing systems.

I dont know why but I had a feeling they where going to throw that exceuse at you:tired2: should of atleast said "sorry for the 4 day wait" :idea:

It's a shame to see that JewlzK has gone this way, they used to be a great company. I hope the OP is able to get a recent backup, since they apparently have hourly backups, that shouldn't be a problem...

It's not like Roland... I wonder what's up...

If it turns out to be just "Bad" bussiness practice. That would be alot better then something "Bad" happining to Roland himself.

Not that i know Roland. But i have been around these parts for a little bit, so i do know of Roland.

tumble

Well at least you got a reply...backups backups backups!!!!

Never rely on your hosting company to have backups as most do not. I highly recommend offsite storage some place other than with your normal provider that way you can guarantee that if one goes unresponsive for days or deletes your files/has drive failures then you aren't in this situation.

Last edited:
Even i tell the same thing to my customers. Even though i back up all of their sites to a remote server. Keep a back-up of there accounts on the webserver. They still need to keep a back-up on there local.

I myself back up the whole server to a remote server. Keep a copy on the webserver itself. and keep a copy here at home on a external drive.

Even though i am going to a Raid 10 system here is a few days. I will still do the same thing. you can never have enough back-ups

tumble

We are much the same. We push to 2 different backup datacenters and I do a 30 day rsync to an external drive at my office in Memphis.

My personal data is backed up in 3 locations as well....Now days I have so much data I can't remember what is what when it comes to my personal stuff but I have never lost anything! lol

Apparently (JK)Shaun has visited the Jewlzk forums today and said nothing, no responses from anyone anywhere by the looks of it.

From info previously received (can't say where from) contact the DC directly Flavio, it seems like your only hope here.

Just to addon to deckers post...

Details below are the DC contacts:
Corporate, Sales or Tech Support:
Ph: 713-403-9150
Fax: 713-621-1826

You can find this information here: http://www.aldridge.com/contact.html

Or you can simply email them, however by the looks of it, it's best if you just gave them a bell.

I really do hope you get your data back, I know how it feels to lose all that data; especially your clients.

Thanks JJ, I should have added that, good catch :)

I do agree - contact them directly, again can't say why I suggest it but do and quick as you can.

Not sure if there's anything else we can do for you really, maybe an account to direct the main host domain to with a forum or something to keep your clients in the loop.

Let us know Flavio if there's anything else :)

PS - JJ change that flaming avatar - I get a craving for fried chicken everytime, are you on commission!?

I just came back after being away for awhile, and was sorry to see the degradation of this situation. I am very sorry for you flaviorodrigues. Have you checked on http://www.archive.org to see if you could at least get the main HTML content back for some of the sites you were hosting?

Apparently (JK)Shaun has visited the Jewlzk forums today and said nothing, no responses from anyone anywhere by the looks of it.

From info previously received (can't say where from) contact the DC directly Flavio, it seems like your only hope here.

I would really like to hear what is going on here. I am sure Roland has more customers then just the OP. For a Rep to go into your support forums and say "NOTHING" is just wrong. From the last issue dated Nov 9th to this issue dated Nov 28th. Is only 21 days. Plus i belive on the last issue Roland did not enter into the thread well into the discussion.

Rapid communication is key to a customers well being and frame of mind when one has a emergency on his hands. Looking at the lack of communication by the JK team would indeed prove that something is wrong.

Last edited:
^^ Agreed. Even if they are still working on fixing whatever problems have arisen, a post on the forum stating that they are aware major problems exist would be a nice start.

I don't understand the motivation behind all this. How can you leave your clients in the dark like this? This really bothers me I cannot believe someone would treat clients in such a way and get away with it.

Back