• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

jewlzk my vps is down for more that 2 days

its just most of what I've seen is people quite happy with it.

Actually, it has been quite the opposite over the last few months, I have not seen one good thing said about them recently, yet loads of bad things (That are true :S)

Shame really, as Dan said, Roland is a top guy, and JewlzK used to be a well respected host.

More that 2 weeks after...

Flavio-
We are sorry for the trouble with your VPS. Unfortunately, this is a failure from which we are unable to recover ANY data from the hard drives that served your VPS. We reviewed your Terms of Service from when you originally signed up with JewlzK, and, regarding backup, we stated the following:

7.1 Backup of Data
Except where JewlzK has expressly agreed in writing to the contrary, customers are solely and entirely responsible, and JewlzK is in NO way responsible, for the management and backup of all customer data, and all updates, upgrades, and patches to any software that customers use in connection with JewlzK services.

As you saw in our forums, backups of data were something in the planning stages, but were not implemented as part of our 'production' service.

As we mentioned before, we've built a new VPS server and created your VPS on it. Using the console server at http://216.139.83.252:8888 you are able to begin rebuilding your VPS if you desire to do so.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience, and we can offer your service credit for up to 2 months to help with problems that this unexpected, uncontrollable hardware failure. Please be reminded that you should ALWAYS perform regular off-site (remote location) backups of your data in the event of failures like this.

Thanks for your continued understanding.
Dave

This cannot be real..., what legal can i do so i can have my money back or any like that?

Thnks

Unfortunately,

There isnt anything that you can do. If that in fact is the TOS that you signed up and agreed to theres not much you can do. I personally wouldnt stick around to find out how long its going to be until the next "failure".

but when i signup and talk to roland on msn:

(20:47) <-- Flavio Rodri: and how the backups system work?
(21:20) <-- Flavio Rodri: news?
(22:34) JewlzK.com - Rol: that server has 2 GB RAM and will be getting another 2 GB RAM by the end of next week
(22:35) <-- Flavio Rodri: , good, and about backups system?
(22:35) JewlzK.com - Rol: remote backups
(22:36) JewlzK.com - Rol: daily

its on my logs and i can print that

You can't rely on the host 100% for backups. You should have made your own backups as well. In a situation like this where the host doesn't respond for weeks you can't expect them to suddenly respond and give you a backup. Unfortunate but true. Good luck, I know it is hard.

@flaviorodrigues,

Let it go. Learn a lesson the hard way. The next time i am sure you will never be without back-ups of your data.

As far as your provider is in concern. I would not go back to them. You should find another.

A host will tell you everything you want to hear to get you as a client. Backup here, there, remote, on mars. But yes backups in the end will always be your responsibility.

No Honesty "KEEPS" the best clients.

That is the truth but unfortunately not the norm.

Flavio http://www.jewlzk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4122#post4122

Problems are still going on so basically forget even trying, doubt you'll get anywhere, as yet again (JK)Shaun visited the forums, why has still to be established as his last post was 3rd Nov.

RIP Jewlzk is I think the only obvious conclusion, shout at Aldridge though as they should be the incumbent host, they have been replying (badly, but they've opened the door to taking responsibility).

I'm starting to think that JewlzK has been sold to Aldridge, they seem to have a lot of control over the company.

I do hope all problems are resolved for current customers and that JewlzK get back to normal operations, but this has been well over a month now...

[JSH]John;940902 said:
I'm starting to think that JewlzK has been sold to Aldridge, they seem to have a lot of control over the company.

I do hope all problems are resolved for current customers and that JewlzK get back to normal operations, but this has been well over a month now...

Well, my site was down again last night and I emailed Aldridge, and this is the answer I got:
Hi.
JewlzK is a Colocation customer of ours. For support, please contact
them directly at support@jewlzk.com. Thanks.
Larry

Though it DID cross my mind that the reason the site was down is because the ownership is changing hands, Roland is NOWHERE to be found.

I can only hope that he sold it to Aldridge, atleast they answer their "customers".

Wow, im really sorry to hear about your issues H2H. You havent recieved any updates as to whats going on with your site? How did the data restore go?

Wow, im really sorry to hear about your issues H2H. You havent recieved any updates as to whats going on with your site? How did the data restore go?

No updates from Roland or his staff. The only news I've heard of is from this board, which says alot. The data restore, at first, went smoothly, no lost posts! That didn't last long as I lost about 3 day's worth of posts yesterday and then the site went down.

I appreciate the concern though.

Ouch, pull a backup while you can! I hope you get this sorted or at least speak to Roland himself directly shortly. Good luck to you though!

Ouch, pull a backup while you can! I hope you get this sorted or at least speak to Roland himself directly shortly. Good luck to you though!

Agreed! Do it ASAP.

I've seen Jewlzk (Roland) come on everyday on my MSN, if it is him or not I have not contacted him due to my business with him ending, however if and when he comes back online, I'll try to address this thread to him.

Last edited:
I think it isn't him that is logging on and off everyday on MSN. I have been trying to IM him and I get no answer.

There is no reason for him not to answer me.. As we used to talk almost everyday.

Good luck....

Adam

Back