• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I hate Microsoft.

jmiller

tripcode
NLC
Okay, here's my story;

So a little while back I picked up a copy of Phantasy Star: Universe for X360 for dirt cheap.

I decided to drop the $15 to try out the MMO aspect of it, and very quickly grew tired of it. To cancel my subscription for it however, I had to call XBox Live customer support.

So I call, and after about 20 the moron on the other line tells me my "Guardian's License" is cancelled and that I won't receive any further charges. Shortly after I receive vague cancellation email, which I stupidly assumed was in regards to what I'd called about.

Wrong. A couple weeks later I get a bill for the service. Ugh.

I then realize that while I still have this supposed "license", my 1year subscription to XBox live gold is no longer there. It was paid for, still have 5 months remaining, and was now gone.

Great.

So I call back. Give my reference # for the previous call, and explain the situation. Several times. The woman on the end didn't get what I was explaining at first.

She puts me on hold for ages, and returns to tell me the previous agent had screwed up. Despite telling me one thing, he did another. And to top it off, for some reason I never got a billing announcement in my inbox as usual.

So I argue with her for a while about a remedy. It was simple: give me my paid account back, cancel my "Guardians License" and credit or refund me the $15.

She said because it was all automated she couldn;t do anything.

After more arguing she finally cancelled the license, gave me my paid subscription back but still refused to give me any refund or even credit.

Worst customer service ever.

They screw up, I pay for it.

Calling Visa tomorrow to file a fraud report. Just $15, but it's still ridiculous.

Anyone else had similar problems?

When I cancelled my XBOX Live, they assured me it was cancelled and good.

I got an email a bit later explaining that they were trying to recharge my credit card to extend my subscription automatically but it kept bouncing cause I had changed my CC #. Thank god I had changed my card number too, otherwise I would have been auto renewed half a million before I noticed the charges.

My God, that's absolutely ridiculous. You could try phoning back and demanding to speak to their supervisor. Sometimes being an absolute bitch about stuff like this is the only way that works, unfortunately.

Can't believe that happened. As suggested, try asking for their supervisor and hope that he isn't as ridiculous as the other employees. If he is, then file the fraud report. I believe it is always better to aim for the peaceful solution first.

Anyway good luck to you, and hope you manage to get back your $15 and solve this stupid ridiculous case of Microsoft screwing up.

I always find when I am not getting anywhere with Customer Service, I ask for either a Supervisor or the CEO. Always get what I want in the end.

My God, that's absolutely ridiculous. You could try phoning back and demanding to speak to their supervisor. Sometimes being an absolute bitch about stuff like this is the only way that works, unfortunately.

That you're way of doing things :hide:

This is precisely why I don't buy XBOX consoles. Although Blue Dragon would be the only game I would get.
Stupid excuse. Do you also not buy internet and phone services because customer support can be bad? :rolleyes:

Stupid excuse. Do you also not buy internet and phone services because customer support can be bad? :rolleyes:

Well, no... but still, you've got to hand it to Microsoft for sounding off like this. Anyway, I don't really care for the XBOX because of the lack of good RPGs.

I don't count Final Fantasy XI as one because it has no offline component.

That you're way of doing things :hide:

Yeah, because sometimes it's the only way. I only use it as a last resort, mind you. The truth is, with the way customer service is going, you can be nice until you want to scream and still make no progress or have your problems listened to/solved.

It sounds awful, but sometimes, after you've tried being nice, rational, etc the only way to get anywhere is to get a little bit nasty.

I'm also finding lately that customer service representatives start off nasty. I went to purchase some clothes in a jeans store a few months ago, and they had incorrectly labelled some shirts, they were marked $15 but he wanted to charge me $25. I queried this, simply by saying, 'Oh, they were on the $15 table.. Is that right or?' No rudeness, no nothing. Straight away, he was just a downright bastard about the issue. He then proceeded to blame every staff member but himself. He also refused to price the shirt at $15 (even though by his OWN admission it was the store's fault!) so I shoved the items on the counter and he literally sneered, "Well, do you want to buy these or not?" We pretty much told him to get f*cked, his replies and his absolute sheer nastiness, right from the start, was shocking. I am finding this more and more, everywhere I go..

I recently bought a brand new car, and the dealership completely ignored me and directed ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING at my male partner. We made it clear to them several times, that the car was mine, and mine alone. We asked them to register it in my name. They registered it in his. We asked them to put my name in the car repair log books. They put his. I phoned and gave them my licence number, the manager promptly lost it and phoned MY boyfriend for MY licence number (to which I told my boyfriend to tell them that if they didn't phone me personally, they weren't getting it). The manager assured me repeatedly, (after about the tenth time we BOTH tried telling him it was MY CAR), that all relevant paperwork for Suzuki would be solely in my name. We told him in no uncertain terms that, pretty much, it had better be, or we would be pretty furious.

A month and a half later, I phoned to book my car in for its first service. Surprise, surprise, they have absolutely NO record of me anywhere in their system and can't find my vehicle to book it in for a service. So I spent almost $30,000 with them only to, in their eyes, not exist, not be worth a courtesy phone call, not be able to happily book my car in for a service, not even be acknowledged for my own damn licence number.

So I managed to book in with them with no name, and was told I would need to find paperwork and bring it in as I wasn't in their system and 'hadn't purchased a car with them'. I was pretty ticked off, so I left the booking but didn't bother taking my car in (not the right thing to do I know, but they have wasted countless hours of my and my partner's time). I then booked it into somewhere else, and the (male) mechanics there were all extremely helpful and friendly, and even though both me and my partner went to pick it up, spoke directly to me about what they had done to my vehicle, etc.

The best part?

The garage I actually took my car to sent the original dealership a bill, and I paid $0. I'm also in the middle of writing a several page to the General Manager of the dealership, and will be forwarding a copy to Suzuki directly.

Even my boyfriend said that the sales manager was directly ignoring me simply because I'm a female. Too bad for him he didn't realise he's talking to a chick who (whilst not an expert) knows a fair bit about what she's talking about, is very independent, and plans to restore a 1964 Holden EH in a few years time. The point is, we told him several times and made it painfully clear several times that all contact and information should be directed at me, and several times he directly ignored this, as well as me.

Sorry, guys, I went off on a bit of a tangent.. But customer service has just become so bad.. And one angle I see all the time is getting ignored because I'm a girl. (Although the opposite happens too, we went into Game Traders and were chatting to the guy about a game my boyfriend wanted.. the poor kid couldn't take his eyes off my chest for a nanosecond, it was quite embarassing, but very funny.)

Thanks for all the feedback guys. :)
I'm gonna call back tomorrow and ask to speak with a manager.

I think they at least owe me a free month or something.

Okay, here's my story;

So a little while back I picked up a copy of Phantasy Star: Universe for X360 for dirt cheap.

I decided to drop the $15 to try out the MMO aspect of it, and very quickly grew tired of it. To cancel my subscription for it however, I had to call XBox Live customer support.

So I call, and after about 20 the moron on the other line tells me my "Guardian's License" is cancelled and that I won't receive any further charges. Shortly after I receive vague cancellation email, which I stupidly assumed was in regards to what I'd called about.

Wrong. A couple weeks later I get a bill for the service. Ugh.

I then realize that while I still have this supposed "license", my 1year subscription to XBox live gold is no longer there. It was paid for, still have 5 months remaining, and was now gone.

Great.

So I call back. Give my reference # for the previous call, and explain the situation. Several times. The woman on the end didn't get what I was explaining at first.

She puts me on hold for ages, and returns to tell me the previous agent had screwed up. Despite telling me one thing, he did another. And to top it off, for some reason I never got a billing announcement in my inbox as usual.

So I argue with her for a while about a remedy. It was simple: give me my paid account back, cancel my "Guardians License" and credit or refund me the $15.

She said because it was all automated she couldn;t do anything.

After more arguing she finally cancelled the license, gave me my paid subscription back but still refused to give me any refund or even credit.

Worst customer service ever.

They screw up, I pay for it.

Calling Visa tomorrow to file a fraud report. Just $15, but it's still ridiculous.

Anyone else had similar problems?

The problems go beyond Live. You would not believe how many xbox and xbox360 systems are being sent back once they reach the age of about 1 years old. I definitely recommend the Wii over these pieces of junk.

The problems go beyond Live. You would not believe how many xbox and xbox360 systems are being sent back once they reach the age of about 1 years old. I definitely recommend the Wii over these pieces of junk.

Not only that, but if I got the wii, it would be able to play Tales Of Symphonia for the Gamecube.

Back