• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How Do You Decide What Hosting Is Best?

For me the advice of respectful people or even a friend much more than ads, loud words and empty promises

Peronally, i go for customer feedback, but if a friend recommended something to me, i would be more likely to buy it.

I think the company which provides good satisfaction, services, support and features is the best hosting company but you cannot tell which is the best because there are thousands of hosting company out there.

Reply to: Know how you decide what web hosting is best!

:welcome: So you want to know how you decide what web hosting is best!

Providing web hosting services since 1999 we have been asked this question many times. We will try to make our answer as simple as possible, but the answer is not always simple unless you know the correct (tech) words in the web hosting industry and already know what it is you’re looking for in web hosting products and plans. In our humble opinion we'll try to break this question down into 5 main parts or categories. Obviously some technical and additional more detailed information has been excluded in the interest of simplicity but in this short outline of 5 main parts, but you’ll get a good feel for what-is-what in web hosting services and options.

1. Research on your part is always instrumental in your quest to finding the right web hosting service for you. You must ask yourself what services products and hosting plan do I need in web hosting to provide me with what my web site needs to do the job you expect from the web host you finally choose in the end. Knowing some of the technical words of services or products will also reduce your stress level and reduce any miscommunication between you and you’re soon to be web hosting provider.

2. Knowing what web plans your web site uses or will use in web hosting products is key in picking the correct web hosting basic plan that you actually need to start with such as; shared web hosting environment , VPS web hosting environment or a dedicated web hosting environment. Then look for any additional product services you web site might need such as; standard IP address or dedicated IP address, serverside applications that can be accessed by your web site that are included with that web hosting plan.

3. Once you have the basics in mind look for a web host that can provide additional products and services that at some point as your web site grows (and I will) there is already the infrastructure in place by your web host to provide additional resources and products you’ll need such as; any web hosting plan changes or upgrades, more server space, more bandwidth, additional features, there are many.

4. There are over 600,000 web hosting providers out there, so how can you possibly pick one. It’s fairly simple. Our 1st rule of thumb is to get a referral from someone you already know and who has done most of the real hard foot work finding that right web host, and with any luck they can also tell you just exactly how good or bad their current and past experiences have been with theses web hosts. If you don’t know anyone who is in that category then our 2nd rule is refer again to rule #1! You can go to additional web forums just like this one and read other posed questions and other replies from the others who have already done the real hard foot work finding that right web host, and with any luck they can also tell you just exactly how good or bad their current and past experiences have been with theses web hosts.

5. We left our reply about price to the end. This answer is about as bad as looking at 600,000 web hosting providers for the right one without a referral to go by. Price is a strange thing; it ranges from dirt cheap to very high against the market. As you can’t tell a book by its cover you can’t tell a web host by price. We have by our own experiences found price is not relative (most of the time) to services and products of web hosing in the market place. Our example is (our past history) when we started our web hosting company in 1999 we had to charge a fairly high price for our services and web hosting plans. Really more that we wanted to. But as time goes on web hosting equipment, server locations (farms), and fiber optics costs have all come down because of high demand and high competition, just like computers have drastically come down in price today. Cheap is not always a bad thing theses days. But another example is the way the record label and recording industry was back 10 years or more ago. Only a select few could provide services to a captive audience and charge what every price they wanted to. But not anymore.

We hope we have provided some small amount of insight that will help you decide what web hosting is best. Its really up to you, as the more knowledge you gain the easer it will become to see clearly all the possibilities what web hosing plans that so many good web hosting providers can offer you and for a reasonable price.

Regards!

What influences your decision when choosing a web hosting company? Do you consider things like date of establishment, reputability, customer feedback, etc?

As I hang out on hosting forums and have done for years, I base my opinion on how the hosts interact with others. So obviously that means they have to be established for a while.

Does advertising affect your choice? Where do you primarily see advertising for a business? Do you ever click on ads from web hosting companies that interest you?

No, in fact sometimes the ads are a turn off, even if I might have been considering them some time in the future.

If a friend suggested a web hosting company to you, would you choose it? What would you consider about the company?

Not without research and observation.

I am not a host nor ever likely to be, so this view is how I personally go about selecting a host. I am happily hosted with two different hosts and have been for years now. I've had two disappointing hosts, but that wasn't because my choice was wrong, it was because they sold up after a while to the wrong person.

When you look for a good hosting provider you need to look for certain things as well like:
if the provider has any downtime issues, support. But as others had said you can know which is better unless you try them.

Most important thing in my opinion is Support. That's the basic for all your hosting need. Second is Page loading time and then you start looking at your personal requirements like number of domains that can be hosted, databases etc.

For a good web hosting excellent Support, Up Time, Plans, Speed, Prices etc. points are important.
But I think Support, Up Time and Prices these three essential things are much more important.

Back