• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How Do You Decide What Hosting Is Best?

jdoe123

Hey everyone,

Since web hosting can turn out to be rather problematic and misleading, how do YOU decide what company is the real deal, and what company is just in it for the money?

What influences your decision when choosing a web hosting company? Do you consider things like date of establishment, reputability, customer feedback, etc?

Does advertising affect your choice? Where do you primarily see advertising for a business? Do you ever click on ads from web hosting companies that interest you?

If a friend suggested a web hosting company to you, would you choose it? What would you consider about the company?

Primarily, my question to you today is simply: How do you decide what company is best out of the vast quantity there is in the world?

I look at the uptime and server load mainly. If it is ok and price is good, then i go with them.

But there is no way to decide this is the best web host. Because there are thousands of hosts out there.

no one will be the best,
at least, will not stay on the same position for long.
anyway, as long as the host is providing a very good reliable service and very god support, with high stability, also without overselling, then the host should be safe to use

A satisfaction guarantee can sometimes be a sign that a company is reliable and has good service.

If they are willing to refund your money if you are not happy with the service provided, then they are much more likely to provide you with a reliable service you are happy with to ensure you don't need to request a refund. :biggrin2:

Since web hosting can turn out to be rather problematic and misleading...

Why do you say that. If it is because the overselling web hosts, it is easy to to recognize them. Just search for "Unlimited Disc Space" and price around $5/month or even less.

i happen to try the bluejethosting and so far I am having good relationship with that web hosting company. Well it depends on your site. Its just that I only need it for my blog so this is more advicesable for small businesses who are just starting their site and for simple blogs.

First of all we study reviews about that hosting and the support that offers that company, it helps you to learn a lot about a hosting company.

It will greatly depend on your needs rather than what hosts are offering. To be honest it would be impossible to find the best host without trying all of them and even then it will depend on your needs.

Do some searches for reviews and you should find a great host!

Jack

The best host for you may not be the best host for someone else, it all depends on your requirements. I'd just say to be careful of anything that looks 'too cheap' and contact the host before buying - see what their response times are like, ask if they have a page where you can see the server uptime, and see if you can get a free trial (or if not, a test file to check the download speeds).

Once you find a good host, you will know - they will be professional and courteous when answering your questions. If you have a bad feeling about them, or your trial doesn't go well, then try someone else ;)

Being a good hosting provider depends on a number of things: Support, network and hardware are the 3 essential things that a good host must offer in excellent condition to be considered as a good hosting company

Well you couldn't really tell which is the best host unless you had an excess of billions of dollars and years of your life to waste. But if want a good host you should think of there up-time, support, speed, prices, and quality.

I don't know if it's important to look for the best. If host has all the features you need, reasonable price and good reviews, it is good option to choose. Probably, there is a better host out there, but do you need to have the best one? Here's one poll about who is the best web hosting company, for those seeking for the best, but keep in mind: best is a subjective term.

Well you couldn't really tell which is the best host unless you had an excess of billions of dollars and years of your life to waste. But if want a good host you should think of there up-time, support, speed, prices, and quality.

I suppose a billion is toooo much :classic2:

I prefer the "Professional Customer Service" and "24/7/365 Email&LiveChat&Tel support".Whenever you meet any problems you can get the assistance instantly.

Back