• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How Did People Know About Space More Than 1400 Years Ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
'How big is heaven'?
there are seven heavens and a hell. also, yes they are a guide, but its not just that, the whole point of Allah making mankind was so we can worship Him. and so we are being tested, to see if we will or not...

He is allah. of course he is brainier. Even if allah does exist, he hasnt helped anyone out too much lately. Seems to me like allah doesnt really give a damn.

Someone PLEASE close this topic..it's usless, since uzzer is being an idiot, and everyone else is still trying to tell him to shut up..

Regards,

Jesus is a prophet, not Allah. And why should Allah help someone who doesnt want to be helped? Why should Allah help someone who refuses to believe in Him, who mocks Him, why?

Someone PLEASE close this topic..it's usless, since uzzer is being an idiot, and everyone else is still trying to tell him to shut up..

Regards,
lol
lol3.gif

yeah thats right, avoid the Message, thats wat I would have expected you to do.....
(Not in a bad way)

uzzer said:
yeah thats right, avoid the Message, thats wat I would have expected you to do.....
(Not in a bad way)

You're doing the same thing..ignoring our message to SHUT UP!

Regards,

The fundie procedure goes something like this. Take everything you don't know, and declare that not knowing something proves god because it's much easier to fill in the gaps with god than ever try to learn anything. Then take everything which has been learned, and declare that this knowledge is so great that it proves god because it's much easier to attribute what you know about things to god than it is to actually study it or formulate and test a theory for why the truths of science are what they are. Finally, deposit fingers in ears and mutter something about faith when people try to reply.

Well, the stated goal of the opening post was to disassociate Islam from terrorism, which the thread does by giving it an overpowering asscoiation with pseudoscience, pseudophilosophy and and silly arguments philosophers shot down many centuries ago which will nonetheless always serve people who feel constantly threatened and insecure enough in their belief that they require the so-called proofs as security blankets. I call it Descartes syndrome normally, but perhaps I should give more credit to Islam as a pioneer in the method (problem is, I get the impression Islam has come to practice it more recently instead of necessarily having always been like that). Anyhow, I find it to be a sure sign that the person at some level knows the irrationality of their belief, and this is why they're fighting so desperately to maintain a facade of reasoning (which, though it may appear pitiful to an observer, gives the user the reassuring idea that they've backed up their faith with logic).

* Disclaimer: Some Muslims take a more rational approach to their religion than others, just as with Christians and other religions. I am aware that not all Muslims would argue that the quaran gives details about the structure of the atmosphere, nor that as I've seen argued elsewhere it predicts Einstein's special relativity in detail. Much like not all Christians declare that every news story is fulfilling something written in the book of revelations.

uzzer said:
ok, remember this sign, and if it happens....
Islam has branched out into horoscopes now too? Well, I recently made a prophesy. On another forum, on August 7th, I wrote "I forsee a horrible disaster when Sedna comes into alignment with 2003 UB313 and Pluto. The ground will shake (in Parkfield, California), the air will boil (in Death Valley), and vast areas will fall into the sea (in Antarctica) as people struggle to breathe in contaminated air (in Mexico City)." I will build a temple to myself later.

Last edited:
Bryson said:
We cant even figure out where dinosaurs evolved from

I certainly agree with the point that knowledge is limited, but why would you make an odd claim like this one? Of course we know where dinosaurs evolved from -- in general, even we don't have the names and home addresses of each preceeding animal to live (which, of course, some people will point to as a "missing link"). Here's the first google result, seems to be a kid-centered easy to read site: http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/dinosaurs/allabout/Evolution.shtml

We will never figure it out, because the earth has changed sinced then from the hot gaseous ball of rock

Heh, the earth was not a hot gaseous ball of rock when dinosaurs were around -- nor for a few billion years before that.

The natural processes have not prevented us from learning a lot about the state of the earth even four billion years ago. We have a good sketch of life back to the earliest proto-cells, an idea of how DNA came about (or more importnatly RNA, since we also have evidence that RNA came first IIRC), et cetera. As the earth changes it leaves a record of its past, and evolution is always leaving clues of the paths it has followed in modern life forms.

For example, they may not have known about Andromeada, The Milky Way, even Pluto.

The Milky Way has been known since the first person looked up and decided to give it a name. Andromeda is visible with the naked eye in the dark sky conditions they had in the past, I believe. Pluto, however, was a 20th century discovery.

Of course nobody had any idea how distant something like Andromeda was back then, which is why the quaran doesn't include an astronomical distances chart. Which goes somewhere to explaining why it's proven so useless as a science textbook, despite revisionist historians who speculate that if people had been clever enough they'd have deduced science out of it.

Last edited:
ok, you may have a point there. but, look at everything scientists have discovered about the universe, and look it up in the Qur'an, and you will see that it is already written in their!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back