• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How Did People Know About Space More Than 1400 Years Ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, then I was wrong about that one fact. But, this leads me to point out your idiosm in saying that every muslim believes in Islam, based on the definition of a muslim, OF COURSE THEY DO.

Regards,

So has someone one the most ignorant competition yet? I personally like "is a Muslim like a Canadian?" (punchline anyone?) but of course the repeated references to the Islamic equivalent of judgement day is taking good money at the bookies....

Actually, I was just posting that to clarifiy it loggerheads.

And uzzer, the 'yea duh' is what I AM SAYING. Why did you bother saying that all muslims believe in the blah blah..when thats the very definition, a very 'yea duh' indeed.

Mods, close this topic please...it's really not doing any good.

Regards,

uzzer said:
well, the signs are here..............

yes, this is a sign

thissign4dl.jpg

i'll tell you the real signs. this is just one:
it is stated that natural disaters will increase when the end is near -
scientists believe that because of global warming, natural disasters will increase,
but it is not because of 'global warming', it is because Allah, has sent a sign down to tell us that the end is near. and the signs are around you, floods in northern europe, fires in southern, and so on and so forth....

could your 'sign' be anymore ambiguous?

for starters, for all I know you could've made this up. secondly, any, if not ALL prophecies, are wide open to interpretation. that's why prophecies are handy for religions, because they 'come true'. your sign has not indicated the defining rates of natural disaster occurance that separate rare and frequent.

ultimately the problem with people of any culture moving to a place where they become the minority (ie. muslims in western countries, or christians elsewhere), is the refusal to assimilate. if you live somewhere where only a few others share your beliefs, you can expect the rest to accept your beliefs. what i'm trying to say is, please shut the ---- up.

Actually, I think galaxies do collide. They collide, thus creating a new one atleast temporarily, reforming the shape, and giving off extreme energy. For example, when two spiraled galaxies collide, they wouldnt neccasarily remain spiraled, all that gunk, gas, and physical matter reforms itself into a new form, thus creating a new shape. There are a few instances, although rare, where a spiral galaxy will have another galaxy "colliding" with it in the opposite direction, sort of like taking a two pieces of cardboard and making a t out of them.

Back to the question:

How did people know space existed 1400 years ago? Maybe the space we know now, and the space they knew then were different. For example, they may not have known about Andromeada, The Milky Way, even Pluto. The space they conceived of was only in the naked eye, the stars, the sun, the moon etc. Obviously, there was daylight and darkness, who harnassed the power to do that? Not man. Then who or what? Something outside this world. If it is outside this world, where is it? Space.

Logic and reason has been around long before any telescope.

And by the way, I am neither religious, nor aethiest, I believ the study of where man came from is one that will never be solved. We try to use "logic" and analyze specs of data from millenia ago, trying to trace it back as far as they can go. Why? We cant even figure out where dinosaurs evolved from, and where those animals evolved from, and so on. We will never figure it out, because the earth has changed sinced then from the hot gaseous ball of rock, with layer upon layer upon layer of crust added and taken away, oceans shrinking and growing larger, entire islands rising from the sea, ice ages, droughts, meteors, earthquakes. The earth has always been a big natural hell, and we are now worried about 11 hurricanes a year, some floods, the temperature rising 1 degree, one tsunami, extinction (all animals eventually become extinct), and a few earthquakes?

Nature always harmonizes itself on its own, we as humans are even a mutation of something else.

Even if something bad does happen to the earth, we can't stop it, even if we created it. Heck, none of us will even be alive when it happens.

So lets all get back to what is really important, stem cells, disease control and abolishment, and DNA and rDNA research and analysis for a better human race for the future.

The past is history, the future is wide open.

Last edited:
ok, remember this sign, and if it happens....
The Euphrates will reveal a treasure of gold, and many will die fighting over it, each one hoping to be the one who gains the treasure.

Oh great, a 'treasure of gold'. I guess anything of value would translate to this 'treasure of gold' since it's never literal in such scriptures.

Bryson said:
Logic and reason has been around long before any telescope.

Unfortunately religion has too. You'd have thought one would have exterminated the other by now.

no wait, something will happen, and it will prove the right from the wrong. if there is something under the Euphrates, and someone finds it lets say..tomorrow, then what would you do?

grr....

"treasure" means different things. Just like the Bible says "let there be light", didnt mean give everyone a candle. And another thing, the Euphrates was considered the center of the world, which actually it was (North America wasn't discovered until 1492) then. Thats why its called the MIDDLE east. Its in the MIDDLE.

They did find something under the Euphrates- dead bodies. What did I do? I cursed George Bush for sending our troops there in the first place. Which by the way, this is actually a Holy war, not one about oil or inflating stock. Ponder that for a moment. Don't you find it ironic that every country part of the coalition was some type of Christian majority?

And then I turned off the television.

Anyways, the Quaran is just a bunch of symbolism, as is the Bible, The Book of Mormom, The Bhagavata, and many others. Its all a guide, and not based on literal meanings. It is meant to give hope, and deter wrong doing by using fear.

This is why I dont bother with religion anymore. Its all crap for those who think there is some place we go when we die, good or bad. Its all a lie, you just rot in the ground like every other peace of organic matter that dies. We get recycled like everything else, a big compost heap, and return to the earth.

Sorry, there is no heaven or hell, no Allah, only death and a grave.

Think about it, there are almost 6 billion people on this earth. Imagine how big heaven is. Also, you think God or Allah just creates more souls to inhabit it? Get real, do what you want to, as long as you are morally correct, you dont have anything to worry about. You dont need religion, or Allah, to do that for you.

All religions are just a gateway to the pocket now a days.

what are you talking about Tandoc?
the fact that treasure will be found is a sign. and what are you talking about Jesus you're stupid, he was the man who could talk as a baby, as a matter of fact, he is brainier than you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back