• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How are your marks doing this semester???

Its extra points for taking AP classes instead of just regular ones, it doesn't show up on my report card, but it gets averaged into my GPA.

Yeah, I took AP classes in Grade 12...it does nothing for your school grades, but it got me into a good school with some nice scholarship money.

Damn, we have no mulitplier here.
We go take advanced placement or IB courses and our marks plummet and the universities think we're dumb. :mad:

English 10: A
Geometry: A
P.E. & Health: B
Driver's Ed.: A
World His. II: B
Spanish II: A
Biology: A
Photo Journalism: A <= I hate that class. The teacher is arse. I'm dropping it or switching or something soon, real soon.

Well... I am smart (92% average in grade 12) however I work hard for my grades this year, my average the past few years has been around 65-75% which is... shi tty, to say the least.

I was able to do a few grade 12 classes in grade 11, so by the time Grade 12 rolled around, I had more spares than classes, and a couple of classes were AP, which ended in May...all in all, when the end of the year arrived, I was only in one class, no finals and still had well over the minimum credit mark...life was sweet.

Originally posted by Phrozen
Now I'm just a bit curious, for all of you who say you get an 'A', what exactly is that? Here an 'A' is 93-100%.
Maybe they don't know either...?

Now I'm just a bit curious, for all of you who say you get an 'A', what exactly is that? Here an 'A' is 93-100%.

Here in British Columbia is 85.5%-100%....haha:D

I really kinda feel sorry for yo, Phrozen... :(
..I know I can never get an A in where you live...:(

soz for entering this conversation late but i reckon i'm doing alright, not that your interested much if at all, but i'll get back to you so i can get more posts and get my avatar up. Anyways, you might see some educated crap coming from me for a while:chinese2:

A = 93-100%
A- = 90-93%

Sophmore (grade 10)

Latin II - 87%
AP English 10 - 92%
Visual Basic - 100% (I needed another credit, so I took this for an easy grade)
Math Connections 10: 85%
Earth Systems Science II: 93%
Modern History and Culture: 83%

My grades aren't the greatest, but they could be worse.

An "A" over here is 80%... But then again, we never use letters anyway, as they have no meaning compared to percentages.

I've only gotten a fraction of my marks so far.
Math 10 - 95%
Science 10 - 98%
French 9 - 90%

That's about it, and if you're wondering why French is in 9... That's because I'm in grade nine.

Anyway, I'll get the remainder of my marks tomorrow :)

I got an A for my music exam the other day, I'm at level 4 and i've been playing for 3 years.

With the other subjects we have some phsycho teachers so none of us are doing very well, In SOSE i'm getting B+'s and A's, in maths i got 94% on a recent test. In English I always get A+'s or A's which is pretty cool 'cause its my favourite subject aswell.

In VCD we have a hard arse biatch and bitch for teachers (alternating) he gives me B's and shit when some guy just scribbles on a piece of paper his initials (an assignment) the period its due and gets an A :confused: :mad:

umm (I'm back)

This is A-levels...A: 90-100%; B: 80-89%

English Literature - A
World History - A
Sociology - A
Urdu - B :eek:

A+ = 98% - 100%
A = 95% - 97%
A - = 90% - 94%
B+ = 87% - 89%
B = 84%-86%
B- = 80%-83%
C+ = 77%-79%
C = 74% - 76%
C - = 70% - 73%

Below 70% - F

Some of the academic-level classes (it goes academic, honors, AP) allow D's, but Honors and AP do not.

Back