• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How are your marks doing this semester???

That is the same in my school WWG... all of the normal level classes allow D grades, but AP and IB classes require a C- or above, or you fail.

Correction: I am in English IB, not AP.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
That is the same in my school WWG... all of the normal level classes allow D grades, but AP and IB classes require a C- or above, or you fail.

geez C- i have never had a problem with that but that is pretty high to be failing.

Originally posted by WorldWarGeneral
A+ = 98% - 100%
A = 95% - 97%
A - = 90% - 94%
B+ = 87% - 89%
B = 84%-86%
B- = 80%-83%
C+ = 77%-79%
C = 74% - 76%
C - = 70% - 73%

Below 70% - F

Some of the academic-level classes (it goes academic, honors, AP) allow D's, but Honors and AP do not.

We only have A, B, C+, C, C-, D, I and F in our school(it's not classified as clear as yours...)

....Below 70% is failing?!?! :whatthe: Holy cow...the passing line is 49.5% here:D

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Ah~ I'm in IB too! :D Well, actually, I'm in pre IB. I won't be in IB until I'm a Junior. x.x;

In British Columbia, the levels are:

100-85.5% A
85.4-72.5% B
72.4-68.5% C+
68.4-59.5% C
59.4-49.5% C-
49.4-0% F

The thing is, our university/college system is so much different than America's.

You can't get into university without an "A" or high "B" average in provincial classes (ie- Math 12, Chem 12, Bio 12, Physics 12) PLUS a second language. In America, you need rich parents to get into college/university.

My cousin had a 70% average and got into Florida Atlantic University [she is American, not international]. How is that? That's a joke. If she were in Canada, she'd be laughed out of the administration office.

Originally posted by syd
In America, you need rich parents to get into college/university.
You need good grades too depending on what kind of college you want to get into. If you happy going to a technical college or something then you could practically be failing and still get in. If you want to go to a decent school though, you'll have to pay around $30,000 per year and still have at least 90% or better.

Of course this still would depend on your location though.

Originally posted by syd
In British Columbia, the levels are:

You can't get into university without an "A" or high "B" average in provincial classes (ie- Math 12, Chem 12, Bio 12, Physics 12) PLUS a second language. In America, you need rich parents to get into college/university.

My cousin had a 70% average and got into Florida Atlantic University [she is American, not international]. How is that? That's a joke. If she were in Canada, she'd be laughed out of the administration office.

dont we also need English and Social Studies?

Originally posted by DJsexie

dont we also need English and Social Studies?

English 12 and Socials 11 are also needed but they are requirements to graduate so if you apply to university, it's already assumed you've done them.

There is no course called Socials 12. Unless you mean History 12 or Geography 12.

You don't need a higher-level socials course like History unless it's one of your provincials. I'm in History 12 and I need it to get into Associate of Arts because I need 4 provincally authorized courses.

Oh, I see. It's in 101 countries? That is wide-spread. Too bad they don't have anything like that where I live. It looks like a really interesting program.

I really am surprised they don't have it where you live.

Seeing how popular it is around the world, so am I. We've got AP, but I've never heard of IB before today. Maybe they offer it in another part of the state or in another school district.

We probably don't have it because the state legislator spends most of their time coming up with more and more ridiculous standardized tests for us to take... They probably don't know what else to do though - I mean there are people in my school who square things by multiplying them by 2. Worst part is, they don't understand why its wrong. Try teaching them Algebra, Trig, Calc, etc. And most of them couldn't tell you where Gettysburg is if their life depended on it...

I mean there are people in my school who square things by multiplying them by 2. Worst part is, they don't understand why its wrong.

ROTFLMAO

And most of them couldn't tell you where Gettysburg is if their life depended on it...[/B]

where?

Speaking of dumb people... is it true that most american kids don't know the leaders of the Soviet Union? Or what the captiol of Poland is?

I can name all of the Russian Leaders (From Communist revolution):
Lenin
Stalin
Krucschev
Brezhnev/Kosygin
Andropov
Cherenko
Gorbachev
Yelstin
Putin

Anybody who can't name all of them probably is lacking history. I have strong points in history, geography and economics. I can probably answer any question you ask me about a country in the world and give a little bit of its history.

Back