• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HostingWOW is officially closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well David, glad to see I'm not the only one that knows a customer's details. I can often times name off the exact server, control panel, and at times the IP (last 3 since most IPs are in the same C class).

Best of luck with trying to deal with Burst. I had a server just disappear the other night and support said the server hasn't ever existed in their system. It finally took 3 people to find out that they were supposed to send me an email the day before, but forgot to.

Lets put it this way, off the top of my head, I could tell you where each one of my customers were from, when their next invoice was due, and could come close to telling you their area code.

I think he means not a lot of clients and mainly local (just a guess) :wink2:

David, come clean to your parents, talk to your 'partner' see what scared them off.
Talk to sales at Burst, explain they missed out on billing so that would explain why payments got out of sync.

There is still a hope you can come out of it clean, not with money or a hosting business but at least the peace of mind that you did all you could and closed down gracefully (and no-one is saying yay there goes another one)

Trust me I know the down feeling, stress & even the heart condition (that I still have and will for the rest of my life) through it. The money side I've been hit with time and time again, and it doesn't go away it has to be dealt with or it simply gets worse.

Good luck anyways with whatever happens :)

Last edited:
My partner was a little unstable in that respect, so I believe we had a "misunderstanding" at one point. Things were going good though until now.

Oh well, I just want to get this all behind me.

Well you can't just walk away, whichis what I'm assuming your 'partner' has done.

Get someone decent on here to take care of the clients first of all, weekends up so best time to advertise.

TELL YOUR PARENTS what has happened.

After that sort it out with Burst, and don't try the sob story on them it will never work and they're more likely to chase you :wink2:

I also made at least 3 posts trying to clarify that.

I'm not the owner, not technically. A 17 year old can't own it. Therefore, my partner was considered the owner. Legally, I'm not the owner, but I might as well be. Basically splitting hairs.

As for the customers, they're gone. It's over. Theres nothing to salvage.

and I already tried the sob story on Burst.... They havent replied in 2 days.... I normally get a response every day at 6:30am my time. I'm not too worried about it though, but based on what others have said about them, they'll probably not drop it.

I think it's best if both partners make the payments, then there shouldn't be a problem. I thought you might have learned that from the last time you were going to close down.

I read that you thought you got away with not paying for a server at one point, that's something you should have contacted the provider about. I've also ended up with a server that wasn't invoiced or anything but I decided to contact them to make sure I paid for it.

It's a shame to see that you had to close, all if not most hosts here tend to get on great with other hosts and we all don't think it's a good thing if another host closes.

David you doing nothing to help yourself just complaining that you hard done by.

I'm not the owner, not technically. A 17 year old can't own it. Therefore, my partner was considered the owner. Legally, I'm not the owner, but I might as well be. Basically splitting hairs.

Grow a set of balls and deal with it, I did have some sympathy for you but that's gone.

Your bailing on a responsibility, and at 17 that's not on (you don't deserve the title adult in the following years), at 4 or 5 maybe.

New stuff comming to the front all the time, have you told your parents yet?

Nope, you don't need to as your in a world of your own.

Recommendation, see a doctor, your suffering from clinical depression, not just from web hosting.

I'm not kidding, I gave you a bollocking and I won't take it back, and recognise the symptoms of the posts wording. Seriously David, talk to someone, not the arty ----e, but your parents to start with, your best bet for what you need.

Hey,

Request BURST keep a full backup of your server and then battle it out with them. Go for it. Don't let the big companies drag the small ones down mate!

Make SURE YOU Make a full backup. DO NOT TRUST THE DC
Esspecialy burst.

I am planning on buying a 200$ external from costco and making backups of my clients sites. compleatly seperate from the server.

But After speaking with you you only had 5 clients so you mite as well just down load it to your computer. (p.s I hope that wasn't private info if it was dont kill me)

Recommendation, see a doctor, your suffering from clinical depression, not just from web hosting.

If you were serious about that, you're an incredibly smart person. I do, indeed suffer from clinical depression.

Well, actually... seeing as though I mentioned that I needed to call my therapist, it wasn't that excellent of a guess, but you're still pretty good.

Last edited:
Your symptoms are pretty clear David, the whole hopelessness air is what gives it away.

At least your not in denial, speak to them soon though :)

[DWH]Yuxuan;986864 said:
Or do you have a partner working with you? If not, find a partner. That will ease the stress, and you can share the time spent on the site.

if you're looking for a business partner, I wouldn't mind. I've been "in business" for 6 or 7 years, mostly just a hobby. I wouldn't still be doing it if it was to stressful, and I do get stressed easily. I know what it's like, but when you have so much work invested in something, you have to keep fighting. pm me please, if you're interested. I have a dedicated server in a datacenter, and servers at my house for backups and such. also looking for a php developer partner oneday..

I've also dealt with depression and anxiety. I've tried medication, but for me at least, it only made things worse. side-effects. I'm slowly learning to deal with it and survive. I wont get into the money thing, but yea.. it's tough. I have a house and a car to pay for, and the us economy isn't the best. less money coming in and more going out. good luck, talk to us any time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back