• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HostingWOW is officially closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidsAwesome

Wait, What?
NLC
Love you guys.... but BurstNET isn't being cooperative, claiming we owe them money on invoices that they generated out of nowhere, and a bunch of other crap.. and blah blah blah, you know the story.

If you're a client, you already got my email and you should know how sorry I am.

But seriously, BurstNET has pissed me off beyond belief. I'm sick and tired of their support representatives, that don't seem to understand that when the two parties enter into a contract, and one violates that contract, they're stupid...

So yeah, 17 years old, working my --- off to graduate HS, and I'm going to have a bill in collections soon.... This will be great. Those assholes.

Best of luck David!

I had the same issue with BurstNET generating random invoices on my last renewal period. They also lost two payments and screwed one up.

Hopefully you can settle things up with them and get it all cleared up. My last billing ticket took almost 4 days for them to respond and then another two once I replied.

I've been arguing the charges with them for 3 weeks now, and I just contacted their CEO directly, since I found out that we have no money to pay it.

They make a point, that services were issued, and I should pay them for that... but I don't have money, and In our contract it states that they will notify me 10-15 days before an invoice is due, for the next month. However, because I transferred from a reseller, they started billing on the first day of the transfer and didn't tell me that, and then I guess somehow 2 months later they sent me 2 invoices. It wasn't even 2 months though.

They don't know what the hell they're doing, and just because they have the power to send it to collections, I'm going to be screwed.

I need to call my therapist, this is really too much for me. I don't even have a ----ing bank account.

Lol, they told me I owe them $380 for a server that was canceled 3 months ago. I told them I wasn't paying them a cent and to take me to collections... This was about 1 month ago and they haven't done anything... Hopefully it'll be the same ;)

Aw.. that sucks man! Hopefully they are just BSing about taking you to collections.

But ya.. I guess now you can work hard to go to a good university. So that one day you will the one messing up Burst ;).

However, I still wish you the best of luck in this matter. Maybe Burst will see the error in their ways..

geez looks like Burst is getting a really bad reputation around here.
They probly think because you young, they can push you around and threaten you.
If your in the right, dont give up. Compile ALL your records from the day you signed up to the day you closed the account. If you are organised and you can prove you are in the right, there is not a thing they can do to you legally.
As the saying goes, the best defence is a good offence, so be prepared.

Bad Luck David. Hopefully youll get it all sorted out.

if your 17 you cant agree to a legaly binding contract.. they cant take you to collections. simple.

Jeez David you have my sympathies, I can't believe the amount of people and companies being screwed over currently, WTF is going on!

David, best of luck dude.
But why give up man? Just move to another provider. Nobody likes to see a host go down like this. If you need any help with anything, just let me know.

David, best of luck dude.
But why give up man? Just move to another provider. Nobody likes to see a host go down like this. If you need any help with anything, just let me know.

I agree, don't give up. Just find another provider.

Hes stated that he has no money, so therefor cant get another provider.

However, i believe alot of the people around here are good people and would be willing to help out. Its not like hes some kid with 10 posts we probly cant trust. Ive seen him around here a bit, and he seems like a good kid.

Id willing to donate a resonable sized reseller account to help him continue in atleast some sense untill they get back on their feet, and im sure some others of you would too.

So what do you say David? Give up or keep fighting?

Hes stated that he has no money, so therefor cant get another provider.

However, i believe alot of the people around here are good people and would be willing to help out. Its not like hes some kid with 10 posts we probly cant trust. Ive seen him around here a bit, and he seems like a good kid.

Id willing to donate a resonable sized reseller account to help him continue in atleast some sense untill they get back on their feet, and im sure some others of you would too.

So what do you say David? Give up or keep fighting?

He should keep fighting. Never give up. It only accounts to failure.
David, I have been in debt, had hosting services completely screwed on me, but I always refuse to lay down and take a hammering.

If you need assistance, as I mentioned before, until you get back on your feet, just let me know.

BTW i seem to recall you posting a "hypothetical" about a provider forgetting about you for 2 months.

This wouldnt be because of them finally catching up would it? :p

BTW i seem to recall you posting a "hypothetical" about a provider forgetting about you for 2 months.

lol That could be it alright. :lol:

hypothetically, it might have came back to bite me in the ---.

Either way, as pointed out... legally, they can't send it to collections, and legally they should have dropped the invoices, but they're not nice people. I was expecting this to be easier.

I won't continue hosting for various reasons. It's way too much stress for me right now, even though I've been doing it for 2 years now. Maybe one day, but not any time soon. :)

As for burst, if they did send it to collections... All they have on file is my name, address, and cell phone number... What would happen? I really don't think they're going to drop this.

Not sure mate, I have no idea about US law and 17 year olds, but still i say its best to be prepared.

Good luck man.

Yes, if you are still under your parents' custody (if you are still living with them), technically they will be the ones held responsible. But anyways, you say you have no money?

Borrow some from your parents, I don't think they won't mind in this situation.. Or do you have a partner working with you? If not, find a partner. That will ease the stress, and you can share the time spent on the site.

I'm sure once you drop web-hosting it will be really hard to pick it up again. Ponder it deeply, because this is a very serious decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back