• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HostingWOW is officially closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage if you drop it David there will be no picking it up again, you know how the market is already.

So you expected them to never charge you because you didn't receive an invoice due to a billing mistake?

Another one bites the dust.

Hey,

Request BURST keep a full backup of your server and then battle it out with them. Go for it. Don't let the big companies drag the small ones down mate!

Actually I never should have gotten into hosting.... It's been nothing but stress.

The reason I don't have the money is simply that I don't have the money. My partner usually pays all the server bills, and he's in debt. As for my parents... They probably wouldn't pay it, just to teach me a lesson.

This is just too much for me to handle right now. I'm already having to double up on my heart medication just to keep the chest pain down from all the stress. My blood pressure is through the roof too... and I'm having my wisdom teeth pulled soon, which is only adding to it. :(

Trying not to. My parents are broke too.

If my dad was to pay it, I'd probably lose my car for a few months or something like that. Not really a huge deal, but I have too much pride to bring something like that to their attention. It's like... By the way, I failed at this, and now you owe money about something you weren't even aware of.

Trying not to. My parents are broke too.

If my dad was to pay it, I'd probably lose my car for a few months or something like that. Not really a huge deal, but I have too much pride to bring something like that to their attention. It's like... By the way, I failed at this, and now you owe money about something you weren't even aware of.

No one wants to look like a fool, but come 2 times stronger out of it when it sorts out, and show them you can do better of yourself.

I am a mom of a kid around and abouts your age (a bit younger but still...). Personally, I would prefer to know what was up with my guy... We have been through a very rough year including a number of weeks in hospital because he wasn't telling me what he was doing and what was going on.

I realize your pride is important to you, but one "failure" does not make your whole life. You learn from it, pick up, go on, and its sometimes easier to do even with your parents along than without them.

I learned a lot about my son this year, and some of it wasn't very nice stuff, but we are a lot closer now, and he has learned some things and is moving forward and doing a lot better. We are all doing a lot better.

If that's a no go, for whatever reason, hopefully there is a plan B where your clients have someplace to go. Let me know if there is something I can do to help with that.

I had a year like that while ago, few weeks in the hospital because I wasn't completely open with my parents... so I might know what you're talking about.

I dunno what I plan on doing yet, I'll wait until I hear back from Burst. They're not the nicest people in the world though.

I appreciate those of you who have been nice to me today... I know secretly you're all thinking "Yay, another one down." but... it feels good to think people are there for you :)

Heck no, I'm not thinking like that at all, and I'm sure a lot of the others are in the same boat. This situation really sucks. I mean, losing something you've poured your heart into is FAR from a pleasant situation.

There is still sympathy for each other in this world no matter how bleak the times look.

I actually hate to see hosts fail to tell you the truth...

I know the feeling you get when speaking with Burst, they deny everything no matter how much proof you give them. You are better off getting a new provider and try and clear things up with them. I know that hosting is a very stressful job, but over time, the hard work really pays off.

You've come this far, don't just throw the towel in. Letting Burst close you down because of their mistakes is not the right thing to do. There are plenty of people on this forum that would be willing to help you out.

Don't put your customers in a situation where they must find a new provider. At least do it right and try and find someone that is willing to give your customers a place to go.

Last edited:
If the customers need a place to go, I'd be more than happy to refer them to other companies.

I'm not interested in hosting any more, I've had too many bad experiences.

Burst isn't the one forcing me to close. They only added the straw that broke the camel's back. My partner who has been paying for the server decided he didn't want to continue after I gave him the news that we needed to pay burst. Theres nothing I can do about that, and unfortunately I'm being held responsible with Burst.

I'm hoping to get this issue with Burst solved very quickly. I'm tired of arguing with them, it's been too long already.

I really hope you have a place for your clients. Situations like this occur all the time, and the internet is a very large and open place.

Go out strong and try to take care of as much people as you can.

Respectfully,

Thanks. We're working right now on getting the site and domain sold to pay Burst. I know some people see that as being weak and stupid, but... It would really help me out.

That, my friend, is a secret. ;)

Not nearly enough for there to be a big deal made out of this.

Lets put it this way, off the top of my head, I could tell you where each one of my customers were from, when their next invoice was due, and could come close to telling you their area code.

wow youre a great provider to know your customers that well.

I'm sorry to hear about you going out of business thanks to BurstNET, if there is anything you need help with please feel free to ask :D

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back