• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google Chrome

Chrome's not bad because it's fast and uses less RAM than Firefox. Firefox has much more extensions and is much more customizable but I've had to switch to Chrome for my slower systems.

Chrome has a bright future if they continue to develop it and focus on making it more customizable and user-friendly. Right now it's a basic so-called "web browser" that we use to view web pages, not supplement as a customizable software for enjoyed web browsing.

Chrome's not bad because it's fast and uses less RAM than Firefox. Firefox has much more extensions and is much more customizable but I've had to switch to Chrome for my slower systems.

Chrome has a bright future if they continue to develop it and focus on making it more customizable and user-friendly. Right now it's a basic so-called "web browser" that we use to view web pages, not supplement as a customizable software for enjoyed web browsing.

If you have linux though, there are much more choices for less RAM.

Certainly on Linux I would recommend Firefox. It seems to take up less RAM in Linux too compared to Windows... See the thing is Chrome barely works in Linux without a bunch of tweaking..

Works good for me, I just downloaded it. Only thing is that, some website's look kind of weird, but that should be fixed soon, cause google chrome is pretty new and also I can scroll up and down, pressing down on the scroll key on my mouse :(

Works good for me, I just downloaded it. Only thing is that, some website's look kind of weird, but that should be fixed soon, cause google chrome is pretty new and also I can scroll up and down, pressing down on the scroll key on my mouse :(

I don't know if they'll fix that. Opera has some issues with certain webpages, and so does Safari (specifically, Safari in Windows still acts like Safari on a macintosh.)

Opera only has issues with AJAX for me, the up2date version hasn't shown any new website errors in style. Just AJAX.

I have problems running some webapps (specifically hotmail) and adobe flash player is a bit buggy in google chrome. I guess I kind of asked for bugs when I switched over to the dev channel (weekly build updates). :/

I'm a web developer.
So, my opinion on Google chrome is: <groan> another browser to code for. :p

But seriously, competition is good and will benefit the end user.

I'm a web developer.
So, my opinion on Google chrome is: <groan> another browser to code for. :p

But seriously, competition is good and will benefit the end user.

That's why we have to start making websites simple, and less complicated. If we all did that, there wouldn't have been a need for web 2.0. I like, never use images on my websites anymore. :tired2:

Back