• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google adsense

Back on to google :)

I need to fill their tax sheets and send them back,
During the 'wich paperwork you need to fil wizard' it asks me if I have any activities in the US. My host is based in the USA. Is that considered as US activities or no?

"Activities include, but are not limited to, owning a web server or owning a hosting service in the U.S., or having employees in the U.S. who are involved in either:

setting up your web server, hosting service, or website "

But

"Generally, using an unrelated third-party United States (U.S.) web hosting service to host your web pages, renting web servers that are located in the U.S. from an unrelated third party, or having your payment sent to a U.S. Post Office Box or mail forwarding address, do not of themselves constitute U.S. Activities. "

So? Do I answer Yes or No to if i have US Activities :)

No, unless you want to pay US tax on your income. Read what it says, having a US based hosting provider does not include US Activities.

If, however, you own a "managed" server in the US, then you are in effect paying someone to manage your webserver, sort of entering the grey area...

But if you just have a hosting account, with a US based web server, then it isn't US Activites, so say NO.

Back