• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google adsense

Well it is hard to be at the mercy of Google to pay for your dedicated server costs.

I suppose I'll survive until Google pays.

Thanks for the update Jan. :D

AdSense are now available to sites in other languages than english:

"Existing AdSense publishers now have the option of placing their ad code on pages with content in French, German, Italian, and Spanish, providing that these pages comply with the Terms and Conditions."

(From an email sent to publishers today)

Apparently that doesn't include new affilates who have sites in only those languages yet. I hope they add swedish to acceptable languages soon too.

Yeah, got that mail too. It's good they are allowing other languages. There must be a lot of advertisers from this countries too.

At a guess I would say that people don't notice the ads because they blend in with your design. I would choose a colour combination that matched one of the graphics and it might stand out more. I had trouble differentiating between content and ads.

Originally posted by Akagi
just wondering, why my site only earns so little from Google Adsense...im earning less than a dollar after a week
www.akaginet.com

I'd like to add me as well. I looked through the page once, and on the second glance is when I noticed the ad.

Originally posted by Mike_R
I was surprised when I got $1.32 for a click.
That is really amazing, $12 in 4 days.

Yeah, me too. Somtimes i get very alot for just one click but get less than 50 cents for 6 clicks. Strange......

Is there a minimum amount of traffic to get approved by Google? I've been thinking about them for my Angels site. It gets about 50-70 hits a day so far, but should increase soon.

Originally posted by Mandrake
Is there a minimum amount of traffic to get approved by Google? I've been thinking about them for my Angels site. It gets about 50-70 hits a day so far, but should increase soon.
No there is no minimum amount of traffic to get approved.

Originally posted by Mandrake

Great website. You should try applying.:)

Originally posted by Faraz
No there is no minimum amount of traffic to get approved.

Thanks! I probably will. The forums have been around since February, but I just added the rest of it about two weeks ago. I still have sections to get up and running... Just a matter of time. :)

Good luck with it Mandrake :) I am sure you won't regret it.

Nice to see you back in these here parts :biggrin2:

Originally posted by Jan
Good luck with it Mandrake :) I am sure you won't regret it.

Nice to see you back in these here parts :biggrin2:

Nice to be back and actually have time to spend on the 'net again. :)

I applied for Google... I should get approved. My Angels site is similar to a Marlins fansite I ran across and they have Google Ads. :cool2:

so for my case, i should make my ads bg and text color different from my main page? Doesn't that make it look less integrated?

I'm thinking of adding the ads to the banner and blend in with the banner with black bg and white text

Last edited:
Originally posted by Canuckkev
Yes. I was sort of surprised too. Maybe they checked the Pagerank...and found out it didn't have one. I bet that's what it is. I will apply again once I actually start getting some traffic (other than people clicking my www at this and other forums).

You have other ads on your site.

See, with google adsense there really is no set limit on how much you get per click.

It all depends on how high the page that someone clicked to go to is ranked, and how much this person is paying.

I love the system. I have it on one of my sites, and i get good pagerank for free, and i make money :p.

As it says in the rules that i cant disclose what i make, i wont.

But i love the system, nobody really says they are hurtfull, o somehow distract them. And they love how they bend to what the post or site content is.

The only way it distracts a visitor, is because the ads are targeted for your site.

So all i can say is i am really positive. I have to wait till the end of the year to get my check, but its giving me some pocket money. Something i can use :)

Originally posted by Akagi
so for my case, i should make my ads bg and text color different from my main page? Doesn't that make it look less integrated?
Well if several of us viewed it and had trouble seeing the google ad, I would say it was too integrated. No need to change much, just make it different to the design by a few shades :)

Damn... They're fast! I applied last night and was already approved when I came home from work this evening. Ads are now up and running on every page except my forums. I'm considering putting ads at the top of the boards like here, but haven't made up my mind yet.

Back