• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google adsense

That is really interesting, Jan. Thanks for the heads up.

I suppose we'll give them a try. Perhaps with the inventory and variety they have, it'll perform better than our text-ad initiative. :D

Well, I'm averaging around 5-10 cents per click, CTR of around 0.6-0.8%. And it also depends on the site content.

i feel it need a large number of visitors and the visitors will click the ad is also a problem:(

I am gradually adding the code to my pages and so far today, 450 pages have shown the ads. Click through 1.4%, but overall .9%

I was considering this for a new site that i'm working on, the main reason being the way the ads are displayed would fit it great with the theme/layout.

The only reservation i have at the moment is that they only pay via cheque in $USD adding a paypal option would be ideal, hopefully they will do that sometime soon, be interesting to hear how other people get on with it in the meantime, and how accurate their ads are in relation to your content :)

Last edited:
My ads a very accurate so far :) I place the code on a few different type pages each day and then view the ad, and sure enough, it has picked up on the content. Clever stuff :eek:

just to know how accurate their ads are, you just need to visit one of the http://members.lycos.co.uk site. Lycos now has a partnership with google, that's why they started using a frame on the Tripod members site's...

i'm from portugal, and when i'm visiting THIS site, in portuguese, the ads that show to me are in portuguese. :)
But if you visit the site you will see "Brevemente (soon)", some of the ads are English and other Portuguese.

P.S.: That was meant to be my homepage, but since they started using ad frames, i'm looking for a different host...

Couldn't lycos have a script that allowed the users to place the ads wherever they wanted, instead of having a Forced Frame ?

like in www.infoplease.com the site refered by adsense/overview !

Last edited:
On that site i got 2 adsense ads, one was in english and the other was in what looked like it could have been portugese, but it could have been anything, i have no clue :p

If they are displaying the ads in a language local to the visitor, that's sure to greatly improve your click rate if you get traffic from all over, compared to other ad programs.

i can't be sure, but i think that the ads displayed, are in the site language.. not sure, but i think so, because before i had any English word on that index page, the ads were all portuguese....

Loon - I'm sure the ad you were getting was in portuguese, after all Portuguese is one of the most hard languages to learn... We have two or more words for everything... :p , and there are like 4 or 5 types of portuguese..... :)

Ahh, looks like Google doesn't want to partner with free hosts, possibly because of their partnership with Tripod. We got a rejection notice today for our application with RedRival.

Hi,

Just wondering what your site looks like and how much visitors you had when you were accepted. My website is pretty decent (well I hope so) and I have many pageviews each months but they rejected it. I went through the policies and didn't find anything interesting.

Thanks,
Maxime

Google's adsense program pays about 6 cents per click on my gaming site and 60 cents per click on my webmaster site.

Back