• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can threads PLEASE stop getting closed?

I can confirm that only a few, and I literally mean two, maybe three threads have been closed by the new mods.

And with that, I am done with this thread. Not going anywhere positive.

I can confirm that only a few, and I literally mean two, maybe three threads have been closed by the new mods.

And with that, I am done with this thread. Not going anywhere positive.

Well finally someone gives us some numbers.

Yes - This thread has become quite pointless I think everyone knows now that ALOT of people are unhappy with so many threads being closed we should all just wait untill the mods finsh talking about it amonst them selves and come up with a idea

IF someone locks this thread - Could you please post a outcome when you come to a understanding on how to fix the issue, I would, like many others like to know whats going to be done about all this thread locking!

Thanks

Yes - This thread has become quite pointless I think everyone knows now that ALOT of people are unhappy with so many threads being closed we should all just wait untill the mods finsh talking about it amonst them selves and come up with a idea

IF someone locks this thread - Could you please post a outcome when you come to a understanding on how to fix the issue, I would, like many others like to know whats going to be done about all this thread locking!

Thanks

Sounds like a fine resolution to me :beer: . Nugi might disagree though. :fangel:

There is no reason right now for this thread to be locked as long as it does not become an "us versus them" against the mods.

This thread in all reality however, has served its purpose and the end result should be obvious. Have you seen many closed threads lately? Do you have any new examples to bring to the table that the problem is still occurring post this thread?

This issue has been discussed in the fortress of solitude for the mods/admins and we have taken steps to ensure this isn't a continued problem.

Unless you have a new suggestion, there is no reason to continue the debate. We have HEARD, comprehended, discussed, and considered your requests about locking future topics.

There is no reason right now for this thread to be locked as long as it does not become an "us versus them" against the mods.

This thread in all reality however, has served its purpose and the end result should be obvious. Have you seen many closed threads lately? Do you have any new examples to bring to the table that the problem is still occurring post this thread?

This issue has been discussed in the fortress of solitude for the mods/admins and we have taken steps to ensure this isn't a continued problem.

Unless you have a new suggestion, there is no reason to continue the debate. We have HEARD, comprehended, discussed, and considered your requests about locking future topics.

I wish I had a Fortress of Solitude. With autofiring ban stick minigun turrets. :lol:

But seriously, thanks for the reply Matt.

I locked a total of maybe 2 threads that I felt needed closing. One of them was a hosting request that was like 3 months old that a host posted an offer in.

A suggestion was made by one of the other Mods where we give a "3 strikes" rule, where topics that are getting out of hand, we post 3 warnings in that thread and if they don't stop or ignore the warnings given, we lock it.
Would that make you all feel better?

heymrdj, I totally understand where you are coming from and am not completely disagreeing with what you are saying. But what you need to understand is a few things:

1. Peo and the other Admins make the rules. We just enforce them as Moderators are meant to do.

2. With a community this large, threads and posts can't be left to go too far out of hand. If we let one off and lock another, we are still going to get bashed for it.

3. If there are issues with the rules etc, as said before more than once, you need to contact Peo, Jan or one of the Admins via the contact page and raise your issues with them.

There is no real point in confronting a Moderator or Moderators etc openly on the forum because it will lead to arguments and bad feeling, which is something none of us want.

Cheers,
Dan

Okay, sounds good. Like in all political systems, I just hope that this carries through to more than a few days or weeks and that we've done some good for the community.

And no one was really saying that it was the new mods that made the closures but the timeline of the closures simply collide directly with the time when the new mods came into power. Simple fact.

Thanks for listening :)

:cheers: that clears alot up thanks :D

There's no denying that there's been some mistakes, crap/wrong decisions recently.

But as I learnt, there's no point in complaining either even with ridiculous situations, because nothing else will be done about it. Hence point made, there's nothing you can do about it.

Just let the mods/staff do what heck they want to do. If you are a host, post some offers and talk about free hosting. There's not much else to FWS.

James,

Apparently my post above went unnoticied. Perhaps I shall quote a portion of it again.

Matt8 said:

I will state it again, the issue is being addressed. If you have any new examples, please present them. Otherwise, let this thread, and issue, die so we all can move on with our happy lives ;-)

There's no denying that there's been some mistakes, crap/wrong decisions recently.

But as I learnt, there's no point in complaining either even with ridiculous situations, because nothing else will be done about it. Hence point made, there's nothing you can do about it.

Just let the mods/staff do what heck they want to do. If you are a host, post some offers and talk about free hosting. There's not much else to FWS.

Prophet of Doom. :cry2:

We got your message and it will be taken into account next time. Thanks to everybody for your feedback.
Peo and the other admins say they will be closing threads less often. Maybe we should quit complaining and see if they follow thru. Also there is no reason to be pointing fingers at new mods (or old ones) unless you know who closed the thread. All the "I thinks" and "its seems" statements are not necessary and will only cause hard feleings. Come on, lighten up, lets give them a chance.

Peo and the other admins say they will be closing threads less often. Maybe we should quit complaining and see if they follow thru. Also there is no reason to be pointing fingers at new mods (or old ones) unless you know who closed the thread. All the "I thinks" and "its seems" statements are not necessary and will only cause hard feleings. Come on, lighten up, lets give them a chance.

Thanks Patrick.
I will say that, all Mods and Admins are currently voting on a new system. 2 warnings and the thread gets closed type thing. I think this will be fair and most of you will appreciate it more. :)

Sounds great.

Also, would it be beneficial to have the mod who is closing the thread state their name/why briefly? This could result in some flaming at the mod, though.. Hm.. It's a tough one. I know some mods are putting their names on some threads that they have, closed etc.

Anyway let's see how we go! Things seem to have improved already :)

Also, would it be beneficial to have the mod who is closing the thread state their name/why briefly?
The reason will clearly be stated when the 2 warnings will be given.

Mod1 could give the 1st warning, Mod2 the 2nd and Mod3 will close with the 3rd. It's a cooperative effort and no single moderator will be blamed.

Now let's put this topic to rest and have fun :)

TRUE.

Now let's put this topic to rest and have fun :)

:confused4

He means, there's no point continuing to discuss this. The issue has been looked at and changes are being made when/if necessary, etc. :classic2:

So there is no need to discuss this anymore. That's all :) But it hasn't been locked yet, but only new replies should be made if needed, which they shouldn't be for a while as the mods have addressed the issue for us :)

We have always listened to suggestions, and made changes accordingly if it was a feasible suggestion. Not all demands and suggestions are feasible, but we do listen. The popularity of the forum indicates we must be doing something right.

Back