• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Apple Gives 100k to NO no Prop8

Theres a difference between fighting and debating.

I could debate it all day too, however some of the arguments presented here are obviously based on nothing but fear and hatred and presented by people who have an obviously closed mind.
So it makes it pointless to debate since even when you present a valid response, instead of making an attempt to counter they just repeat themselves and ignore the argument.

The other problem here seems to be that some people view the ISSUE as a religious one.
Of course, people are entitled to their religious view on homosexuality, but this isnt a religious issue, its a political/legal one, and the Religion has no place dictating policy or law, no matter how much it wants to.

Most people don't understand the difference between debating and fighting.

Which I find to be a pity, as I enjoy a good debate. Especially as a well thought out discussion can lead to a more open mind and new thoughts - e.g. someone may change your opinion or help you see topics in a different light.

fnixws you stopped debating and started fighting along time ago, when you started attacking my sexuality, I was never debating soz, always fighting.
Least I can admit it.

Most people don't understand the difference between debating and fighting.

Which I find to be a pity, as I enjoy a good debate. Especially as a well thought out discussion can lead to a more open mind and new thoughts - e.g. someone may change your opinion or help you see topics in a different light.

Would you say you're a master debater?

It seems your missing my point. I'm personaly against Prop 8 But I am a stockholder in apple as well. I am compleatly pissed off as I think this is a waste of company funds. Steve Jobs has millions of his own money I think if he was for this he should donate out of personal money not companies.

Last edited:
You just said you're "personally agaisn't" prop 8, now you're saying you're for it? :/

Yes, and while we are changing the laws of marriage, might as well make it legal to marry more than one person & your siblings, since they have the RIGHT to do what they want and we have no right to say its wrong as that would be discrimination....

slippery_slope.png

fnixws you stopped debating and started fighting along time ago, when you started attacking my sexuality, I was never debating soz, always fighting.
Least I can admit it.

Thats just paranoid, i never attacked your sexuality :/

I turn gay for no man, how about you?
Is your fear and hostility because your scared you might like a bit of man on man action yourself?

I meerly asked you 2 questions relating to your sexuality as part of my argument. They didnt even require an answer, the were rhetorical...

The above comic makes an good point, not long ago, you would have all been arguing that blacks and whites shouldnt marry.
However they can, and has it caused a breakdown of society? Did it cause national disaster?
Hell no, but of course all the bigots out there were making alot of noise about how it would, even the church was against it, just as they are this.

Last edited:
However they can, and has it caused a breakdown of society?
are you joking? society is screwed up more than ever..

I meerly asked you 2 questions relating to your sexuality as part of my argument. They didnt even require an answer, the were rhetorical...
A good debater wouldn't need to ask personal questions about ones sexuality to back up their "argument", no matter which way you twist it, at the end of the day you was attacking my sexuality in the hopes to some how make your point more valid.
John
Whoever wrote that comic is proof people seem to like gay marriage and hate incest, but all the gay marriage views are "let them do what they want" well let everyone do what they want....

I changed my views to "let everyone do what they want, who gives a ----?"
Ben made me realize it don't really affect me, but that gos for more than just gay marriage, that gos for any type of marriage, however by your posting of such a comic I guess you are one of them people that decides "Gay is unnatural but ok" "Incest Is unnatural but its not ok simply because I dont like it...."

Last edited:
And all the hate you received for being anti-gay I support. Hell, I'd be one of the people throwing stones at you for being such a backwards ---- about it.
If you can't be respectful when giving an argument, then you're a bitter and hateful person, Ben. I deserve to be stoned- for what exactly?
hahah, what on Earth are you basing those on? If anything you're the one who's not intelligent regarding this: "your comment seems a little homophobic." translation > "You obviously aren't intelligent".
See: http://nchsr.arts.unsw.edu.au/publications/
But not every gay couple has anal sex. When it comes down to HIV/AIDS people immediatly think it's the gay man who has it and will spread it, but what about the ratio towards drug users? I'm sure that would have a high rate too.
Homosexually active men account for between 85-89% of new HIV diagnosis; and around 66-70% of all HIV infections in Australia. Drug use, from memory, accounts for less than 5% of HIV transmissions - but then, we're talking about a disease that doesn't spread very easily through shared needle use; hepatitis is far more readily spread using needles, whereas HIV is difficult to spread as it dies quickly outside the body.
What are you talking about?
Straight men are more likely to do drugs, drink too much and get into fights in bars than gay men.
The material I've linked to above (which is a reputable source) says otherwise.
Cigarettes, alcohol and Caffine, not to mention the pescription drugs. There are more deaths per year from alcohol and Cigatettes alone than there is from the others combined.
And no one dies from HIV as such they die from the other diseases they contract while suffering from AIDS - in the same way someone with chronic arthritis who is medicated for it will become more sick getting diseases much more easily due to the deprecation of their immune system.
So if gay marraige was legal, you think there would suddenly be a 2000+% increase in people coming out of the closet? How unbelieveably paranoid!
No, I said that would happen if all men became gay (in Australia). As it is, gay men make up 3.2% of the male population in Australia - that's 1.6% of the total population; BUT they make up over two thirds of HIV sufferers.
DavidsAwesome said:
For that matter, look in the mirror and ask yourself when you chose to be heterosexual.
That's a FALSE argument. Look in the mirror and ask yourself when you chose to be male? The "GLBT"-advocates now claim transsexuals have rights which allow them to "choose" their gender; however if you ask a or a qualified professional medical opinion they'll tell you that a sex-change operation - while a choice - can only be applied after the patient has be diagnosed as suffering from a disorder. So, what the argument boils down to is: is gender identity disorder something normal, or is it as the name suggests a disorder?
...Furthermore, to the people who just say it's not right... Well, if you actually sat down and had a deep conversation with a gay person about it, you'd understand it more... People fear what they don't understand or don't know.
I've sat down and talked to gays, and lesbians (but not to transsexuals) - what's your point? Oh how about I make my point clear: I understand it plenty.
Theres a difference between fighting and debating.

I could debate it all day too, however some of the arguments presented here are obviously based on nothing but fear and hatred and presented by people who have an obviously closed mind.
So it makes it pointless to debate since even when you present a valid response, instead of making an attempt to counter they just repeat themselves and ignore the argument.
Don't worry, I remember it well when I tried to explain that there's strong evidence that suggests that the only way a man can contract HIV is through his foreskin or through blood-to-blood contact. Exactly what you described happened "Oh you are so uneducated, circumcision makes no difference to the spread of HIV"; and at the time that evidence was over 2 years old and had since been corroborated by newer studies. I get the impression that half the people here don't know how to do original research.

A good debater wouldn't need to ask personal questions about ones sexuality to back up their "argument", no matter which way you twist it, at the end of the day you was attacking my sexuality in the hopes to some how make your point more valid.

An attack would be me accusing you of being gay, rhetorical questioning is a widely used method of making a point during a discussion. Go look at any political debate and you will find it full of such statements.

I changed my views to "let everyone do what they want, who gives a ----?"
Ben made me realize it don't really affect me....

To me, thats how everything should be.
If you arent harming other people, then whats so bad about it?

Homosexually active men account for between 85-89% of new HIV diagnosis; and around 66-70% of all HIV infections in Australia. Drug use, from memory, accounts for less than 5% of HIV transmissions - but then, we're talking about a disease that doesn't spread very easily through shared needle use; hepatitis is far more readily spread using needles, whereas HIV is difficult to spread as it dies quickly outside the body.

But dont you think allowing Gay marriage would LOWER the HIV infection rate. Marriage promotes monogamous relationships, rather than people sleeping around in secret, wich is responsible for most STD transmissions.

I do not support Gay Marriage..
It is just wrong and unmoral If you reside in California ( Vote Yes on Prop 8 )

-Chris

If you can't be respectful when giving an argument, then you're a bitter and hateful person, Ben. I deserve to be stoned- for what exactly?

As I've said before (but not directed at you before) ... you should have been born before the civil rights movement.

And I'm a very bitter and hateful person, if you hadn't already noticed.

As I've said before (but not directed at you before) ... you should have been born before the civil rights movement.
Yes, you attacked my character before, and while doing again now you again show no respect whatsoever. I'm not sure you understand that it's YOU who is bitter, hateful and resentful - not I. If I was to behave in an hateful way towards gays you'd have a point - but I don't.

Hi,

I am gay my self and plan on getting married some time next year to my current boyfriend.

gallery_1_1_992.jpg

Personally any one who has an issue with gay marriage has an issue with them self plus there is a rise in the amount of divorce has risen in heterosexual relationships so why not let us homos have a go. :biggrin2:

Are these heterosexuals who have a problem with gay marriage, have a problem because gay men might show them up and keep there marriage going?

Or maybe its because they are gay them self and in the closet?

I used to get bullied at school because of my sexuality and now well 86% of them bully's are gay now.

My self and my nan are disgusted with the fact people now a days be leave marriage is just a piece of paper that when they are bored they can rip it up.

A lot of gay men will not think about marriage but then they do they want it to be for life. I have two gay friends both in there 60's and they have been together 52 years.

Back