• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Apple Gives 100k to NO no Prop8

Lol, you're really going to limit your purchasing choices based on the political views of a company? Sure, if they had to do with something that actively harmed their employees (not buying sweatshop products, not buying products from companies that are militantly anti-union, not buying products from companies that don't provide enough benefits to their workers / cheat their workers out of benefits) I could understand that. But a political view? That's like not eating at McDonald's because they put up Obama posters, or not buying gas at Shell stations because they play McCain ads over their loudspeakers.

Wait, so Apple donated 100k to fight agaisn't the gay marriage ban, and you're disagreeing with that?

I do, exactly as Ben. I'm not gay, of course, but i don't think there's something wrong with that. No offense, Andy, but your comment seems a little homophobic.

Wait, so Apple donated 100k to fight agaisn't the gay marriage ban, and you're disagreeing with that?

I found this thread worded a little awkwardly at first, too.

Prop8 = a movement to ban gay marriage.
Apple has donated the money to an organisation AGAINST Prop8.

Therefore, Apple is FOR gay marriage.

I'm at work so I can only sort of skim things, so correct me if I'm wrong :p.

Why ban gay marrage? If they want to get married let them. See I was however under the impression that this was a free country. If one chick and another chick want to hook up and get married who are we to stop them?

I do, exactly as Ben. I'm not gay, of course, but i don't think there's something wrong with that. No offense, Andy, but your comment seems a little homophobic.

Isn't it funny how people automatically word sentences like this...

I'm not gay, of course...

In my original post in this thread, I was going to say something similar - "I don't have a problem with it, but it's not for me!" or some such.

I guess it's kind of like the Seinfeld episode... "Not that there's anything wrong with that"...

I meant, that most people say "If you support it, then you're", but that's the of course for. Geez... i have a lot of gay friends, and i think that if they love someone, doesn't matter.

Better? Doesn't matter, it's the truth.

America wants to play "Morality Cop", how ironic.

Prop 8 is a California measure to bann gay marriage. I'm personally 100% for it and I'm suprized apple as a public company gave 100k to the campaign against it. I'm more likely to get another pc as this is bull sh*t if you ask me.
Sounds like someones a littel insecure about their sexuality...

Youd get a new PC because of it? Thats silly. I can MAYBE understand not purchasing from the company in the future, but as it is, you own it already your only punishing yourself.

Why ban gay marrage? If they want to get married let them. See I was however under the impression that this was a free country. If one chick and another chick want to hook up and get married who are we to stop them?

What about 2 guys? :p

Seriously tho, it seems quiet ridiculous... If they are in love and want to sign some stinking piece of paper that in reality means NOTHING, then let them.

Hell, the state even gets some cash out of it when they purchase the license.
Its a win win situation. Gays are happy, Government gets cash. I dont see any reason why it shouldnt be allowed. Its not as if 1/2 the country will suddenly reveal its gay and go get married, and even if it did, the only real possible issue would be repopulation for future generations...

I found this thread worded a little awkwardly at first, too.

Prop8 = a movement to ban gay marriage.
Apple has donated the money to an organisation AGAINST Prop8.

Therefore, Apple is FOR gay marriage.

I'm at work so I can only sort of skim things, so correct me if I'm wrong :p.
That's what I thought, at first I thought Apple was donating to BAN it.
I had to read the post and the website link twice to figuire out what it was saying.

I meant, that most people say "If you support it, then you're", but that's the of course for. Geez... i have a lot of gay friends, and i think that if they love someone, doesn't matter.

Better? Doesn't matter, it's the truth.

Hm, it seems you missed my point. Never mind :). If you read what I said, I nearly did the exact same thing.

Back