• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Apple Gives 100k to NO no Prop8

I think the issue of gay marriage should be up to the churches, not up to the state.

Why is it any of the churches business?
Why should anyone who doesnt believe in that religion listen to the church?

Strangely, the Catholic church is against it. Even tho they allow gay priests :/

Strangely, the Catholic church is against it. Even tho they allow gay priests :/

Exactly, but, according to the Bible, Jesus doesn't hate gay people, just the marriage vows should be between a man and a woman. Which is understandable.

The word marriage was (and always should be) meant for a man and woman in love.
I am strongly against it.

fnixws said:
Why is it any of the churches business?
Why should anyone who doesnt believe in that religion listen to the church?
Because it is the church that marries people.

If you don't let them choose if they want to marry you or not, it's just as bad as not letting gays get married. They have the right to refuse.

Personally, I don't really give a ---- what people think about prop 8... Because I don't care. Believe me, I should care a LOT more than I do... but it doesn't matter to me. I know some people don't agree with gay marriage, and I've learned to accept that.

What people fail to realize is that if you take religion out of the picture, you're literally denying government-issued rights to a certain group of people, which is flat our discrimination and complete and utter bull----. And don't give me that bull---- speech about how a domestic partnership is the same.... That's like saying that it was okay in the 50's to have black schools, black bathrooms, black water fountains... ---- that. How about YOU get a ----ing domestic partnership and I'll get a marriage. Assholes.

...And it isn't up to the churches to decide what kind of government rights they want to allow me to have. Screw them and screw you. I don't care what the bible says. If you believe in god, you should realize that people don't choose to be gay. If it was a choice, no one would want to do it because of the ignorant people like yourselves that just don't understand ----.... Therefore, being gay isn't a choice, and "god" made people that way... therefore, you're full of ---- for denying one of "god's" children the same rights as you. Burn in hell.

...Apparently I do give a ---- about what people think about prop 8.

Edit:

PS: I have not given out any negative reps in this thread, and don't plan to. As I said in my introduction, I don't really plan on changing anyones opinion, and I've learned to accept that your opinion is your own.

Gimme all the negative reps you want, I earned these ones.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't really give a ---- what people think about prop 8... Because I don't care. Believe me, I should care a LOT more than I do... but it doesn't matter to me. I know some people don't agree with gay marriage, and I've learned to accept that.

What people fail to realize is that if you take religion out of the picture, you're literally denying government-issued rights to a certain group of people, which is flat our discrimination and complete and utter bull----. And don't give me that bull---- speech about how a domestic partnership is the same.... That's like saying that it was okay in the 50's to have black schools, black bathrooms, black water fountains... ---- that. How about YOU get a ----ing domestic partnership and I'll get a marriage. Assholes.

...And it isn't up to the churches to decide what kind of government rights they want to allow me to have. Screw them and screw you. I don't care what the bible says. If you believe in god, you should realize that people don't choose to be gay. If it was a choice, no one would want to do it because of the ignorant people like yourselves that just don't understand ----.... Therefore, being gay isn't a choice, and "god" made people that way... therefore, you're full of ---- for denying one of "god's" children the same rights as you. Burn in hell.

...Apparently I do give a ---- about what people think about prop 8.

Edit:

PS: I have not given out any negative reps in this thread, and don't plan to. As I said in my introduction, I don't really plan on changing anyones opinion, and I've learned to accept that your opinion is your own.

Gimme all the negative reps you want, I earned these ones.

There is nothing equal about a man and another man having sex :wave:..
and It should stay that way, if everyone was gay we would wipe ourselves out so obviously the non gay people have more say in the world since they are the ones reproducing it,
you should just accept the fact that if your gay, you dont have kids and dont get married, just be ----ing grateful we don't burn you over a nice fire any moar, coz if I had my way.... :devious2:

How dare you try and turn the whole meaning of marriage in to a joke, its been trodden on, pissed on, burnt and much more, and now you idiots wanna take away its last meaning just so a bunch of unnatural ....'s can enjoy it?

Go find your own word and do what we did with "marriage"

Last edited:
The word marriage was (and always should be) meant for a man and woman in love.
I am strongly against it.

lmao, i think you need a history lesson.
Marriage PREDATES recorded history for 1, and some of the first people to record it, the Aincent Greeks HAD SAME SEX MARRIAGES!

Go do some research.

Because it is the church that marries people.

If you don't let them choose if they want to marry you or not, it's just as bad as not letting gays get married. They have the right to refuse.

No, the STATE marrys people, you goto the registry office and sign the papers there. Untill this point, you are not Married.

People often CHOOSE to have a Wedding in a Church, but many dont. For a start, theres the people who dont share your faith. Should they not be allowed to get married because they are not Christians?

The thing is, they arent talking about allowing gay weddings in churches. Nor is this about the right for gay people to have sex!

Its about the right for a gay couple to be legally considered a couple. So in the event of an emergency (hospitialisation, death ect) they can be legally considered the next of kin.

Who are the church, or anyone for that matter, to say what other people in a persons life have the right to be notified in an emergency, or vouch for you when you are incapacitated ect.
Its your business and your business only.

There is nothing equal about a man and another man having sex :wave:..
and It should stay that way, if everyone was gay we would wipe ourselves out so obviously the non gay people have more say in the world since they are the ones reproducing it,
you should just accept the fact that if your gay, you dont have kids and dont get married, just be ----ing grateful we don't burn you over a nice fire any moar, coz if I had my way.... :devious2:

How dare you try and turn the whole meaning of marriage in to a joke, its been trodden on, pissed on, burnt and much more, and now you idiots wanna take away its last meaning just so a bunch of unnatural ....'s can enjoy it?

Go find your own word and do what we did with "marriage"

Whats with the hostile attitude towards gays? You know what they say about people who fear gays dont you?
I can understand you dont like them, but that attitude looks like youve taken a defensive posture.

"There is nothing equal about a man and another man having sex"
Thats (unfortunatly) about as equil as it gets.... think about it mathematically :p
1 = man
2 = woman
1 = 1
1 doesnt = 2 :p

Your kind of right, ef everyone was gay, we wouldnt be reproducing as quickly. Any way to make all chinese gay? :p

However thats a ridiculiously paranoid view. Just because the US legalises gay marriage do you think the whole world will suddenly decide to become gay? ----- please!
I turn gay for no man, how about you?
Is your fear and hostility because your scared you might like a bit of man on man action yourself? :p

The only thing thats a joke here is there obvious closed minded opinions of some of the forum members. I could understand it from a bunch of testosterone filled tenny bopper thugs but i didnt expect it here...

You know, this thread isn't really about gay marriage and our thoughts on it, if you're still one of those cavemen who has issue with it, it might be best discussed in a thread delving into the issue.

This is about Apple, a public company with the funds to do with what it so pleases, and they've decided to oppose this prop, saying in their own words, it's a civil rights issue, not a political issue. They're absolutely right about that, and legislation on the matter seems somewhat unwarranted.

What I find interesting is your stance, GR-Andy, about how the public relations sphere of the company's scope, which in no way affects the product you make, has compelled you to switch over to PC. Even though the company has always held strong on civil rights and been active in this field, and has, in all likelihood, hired a ton of gay people over the years.

To be outraged NOW is kind of interesting

You know, this thread isn't really about gay marriage and our thoughts on it
You must be on some good crack, the thread is about gay marriage and its also about our thoughts on it since the OP wont even buy a apple computer any more.

Caveman views? its moar caveman to think everyone should just agree to it because you do.
Removed my post for the simple reason I am not out to hurt anyone's feelings or attack what anyone wants to do.. (Was going to remove it straight after I posted it but FWS went down :lol:)

Made it clear I don't like it..

I don't support any marriage, nevermind not supporting gay marriage. I agree with CnR, being gay isn't "natural" if it was there would be a even split of straight and gay people, it's made natural through our hormones that's it - it's partly natural but it can't be classed as natural.

It's truth that gay couples can't reproduce, only if they had sex with the opposite sex - which just because they're gay doesn't mean they can't or wont. But how many will? Not alot... this is just another one of these threads that shouldn't stay on FWS.

In simple terms, I don't support marriage as a whole.

You must be on some good crack, the thread is about gay marriage and its also about our thoughts on it since the OP wont even buy a apple computer any more.

Caveman views? its moar caveman to think everyone should just agree to it because you do.
Removed my post for the simple reason I am not out to hurt anyone's feelings or attack what anyone wants to do.. (Was going to remove it straight after I posted it but FWS went down :lol:)

Made it clear I don't like it..

I should clarify...the context of the thread was not made so that people should come in an start up this tired debate again. As mentioned, if we wanted to, we could start up a new thread for that. This deals more with the policies and belies of a company that extends past their business model, and I think the issue lies there more than it does any of us faceless nobodies and our thoughts on gay marriage.

(the caveman thing, again, best suited for another thread)

being gay isn't "natural" if it was there would be a even split of straight and gay people

Is there an even split of left and right handed people? Hair color? Eye color? Foot size in relation to penis size? Height? Weight? Nose shape? Fingernail growth rate? Even splits are almost always artificial.- very rarely does nature sort itself out in an exactly even split.

But those are characteristics of a human and are determined by the two parties genes. You're not born gay, whatever anyone says.

But those are characteristics of a human and are determined by the two parties genes. You're not born gay, whatever anyone says.

Ugh...I just can't leave it alone.

"whatever anyone says" is your argument for the stance that homosexuality is a choice?

That doesn't even make sense. You said that you're not born gay because otherwise it'd be a "natural 50/50 split," and now that I've pointed out that no natural characteristics are 50/50 splits, you're saying that you're not born gay "just because"?

No, your hormones change when you hit puberty, it's just some have a little bit of curiosity and 'know' earlier before they KNOW they are, after they hit puberty. Just some say "I'm born gay" but you're not, if anything you're born straight.

Back