• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone got Natural Selection?

Originally posted by Daniel
Already? Damn...do hl logs really take up that much space??!!

Hey,

no... not actual space --> resources. NS takes up $hit loads of resources. I'm only using a VDS remember --> Not dedicated. I have a 24 player NS server and 18 player CS server. Enough is enough :) I may have to reduce my NS server down a bit due to some lag on the 2 big maps I run... with full teams and lots of mines/grenades/acid and so forth....

Iam waiting for the day for firewire based gaming [like sharezaa not central server]
CURRENT GAMING:
Code:
User            User            User             User 
   \                  \                  /                   /
    \                 |                 |                   /
     \----------------SERVER-----------------/
PHYGAMING[tm]
Code:
User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--> User <--

Everyone will have to be connected via firewire I guess.

Only problem is that it'll be a bitch to play against someone in a different province/state.

Carl, I understand..doesn't really matter, most of the members in my clan doesn't want it...

I'm going to install it on my other server though.

Originally posted by is0lized
Well, why not use the standard old lan instead of firewall?

It's pretty much the same concept any how.

Just won't need a powerful computer to serve as a server...but imagine how hard would it be to administrate the game. :eek:

Through firewall it'll be hard because everyone shares the game load equally...

Now with lan, you do need a central server to play on...

Hello,

My NS server is down due to server issues. I'm in the process of trying to make arrangements for a dedicated however its not that easy or cheap. :(

What do you use now? Thought it was a dedicated with two "servers" on it

It was...

However, the server he was using was only for testing for someone or something. Thus after the testing, he no longer has the server.

Ah, i see :)

How many servers can you run on one machine?

Hello,

There is no limit per say. It depends on the specs. My server is back up. However i'm just going to run NS on it. I have a lot of testing to do.

For dedicated gameserver hosting, you'll need the minimum of a DUAL processor machine and loads of RAM and a server located on a low latency network.

Originally posted by Daniel
For dedicated gameserver hosting, you'll need the minimum of a DUAL processor machine and loads of RAM and a server located on a low latency network.

Hello,

Yes. I suggest

Dual P3 1GHz, 2GB RAM as reasonable spec. :)

Back