• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone got Natural Selection?

Hey,

ClanMOD has been installed. Will be testing. Should work now.

Edited: Server is online and set-up.

Latest
Server IP: 66.78.45.251

:classic2: :classic2:

Last edited:
Originally posted by MN-Carl
half life

Hmm..."Half Life"...sounds like something that I would have once perceived to be a game. In fact, I might have it - is it the game upon which Counterstrike was based?

After taking Chemistry, every time I hear the term "half-life", I think of radioactive decay. :p

Hello,

Yes, counterstrike is a HL Mod as is Natural Selection.

Well I was on for quite a bit. It was be used. Usually 2 vs 2 though. I'm going to put 2 bots on the server for now if possible. I have also put new maps on the server and will be beta testing them.

Performance was amazing, the majority of people got <30.

Hello,

Well I was playing 1 vs 1 so Daniel could learn how to be a good alien.... he did pretty well when more people joined. Did very well as an marine. Just needs to learn how to handle fades and just general gameplay then he is sorted. He has the shooting bit down to a tee.

Anyhow. I'm going on now. See you on?

Originally posted by is0lized
Fun, don't like alien so much :(

Hey,

Alien is fun on a busy server.
Hopefully will be able to have games like 8 vs 8 on my server. Anyhow, I think you can go onto a normal server now >_<.

Try. Voorgu, thats usually busy. 22 max. So 11 vs 11. :cool:

I thought you hosted the server? Also, lets play i want to test marine

Hey,

Its my server yes but its not hosted on my personal pc. The server is located in New Jersey, USA in a data-center. My computer is located in my house in the UK. :D I have 56k and the server has 100Mbit/s ethernet to a switch.... :cool:

Edited: I'm on now waiting for you to join.

Boo! Your server crashed

Hey,

Its back it. Must have been a minor issue.
I shall be closing down HL for a bit while I perform maintainence on the server and edit some configuration files. I shall be changing the current "stuck" program to move within 2 seconds instead of the current 10.

Edited: Maintaince took an estimate 30 seconds.

Last edited:
Good, and we were in a good game, and i switched to aliens... Sucks it crashed

Hey,

Yes. I'm getting <210 pings now. :cool: I wont be able to test the game and changes made for a bit. I'll try and make time for a couple of minutes to see if the 2 second rule now applies.

Edit: I had a quick look to test the /stuck plugin. It does move you if you are not moving and stuck within 2 seconds. Pings are really good now and the server is very smooth. No doubt there will be new issues to fixed once I install new plugins in time.

Last edited:
Originally posted by MN-Carl

Well I was playing 1 vs 1 so Daniel could learn how to be a good alien.... he did pretty well when more people joined. Did very well as an marine. Just needs to learn how to handle fades and just general gameplay then he is sorted. He has the shooting bit down to a tee.

I so owned you the first few times. :D

NS is a fun game, the concept is cool, but it's just totally weird... CS and NS don't mix, I can tell you that..

Back