• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone got Natural Selection?

Originally posted by MN-Carl
Edit: I believe I have ran out of disk space. So, i'm going to get my space upgraded if possible. I'm looking into it.
Maybe you should buy one of those servers you advertise every week or so ;)

Originally posted by is0lized
Fun game, gotta start CS to play though :(

Hey,

Thats not right.

Create new shortcut.

target:
C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -game ns -noipx -nojoy -nointro -console -numericping

Call it Natural Selection.

Originally posted by Jan
Maybe you should buy one of those servers you advertise every week or so ;)

Hey,

I'm only a sales rep when I offer those. We both know that.

Okay. The problem seems to be with the /home 'directory' I presume its a partiton but i'm going to have to ask about that. If it is I will get more space and change the partition size if possible. I'm not too sure how the VPS works per say but I will fix this issue asap.

Its really good connectivity though and should be good for gaming once I get this issues sorted.

By the way Daniel do you still need a CS server? I could install that too.

Edit: The disk space issue is being resolved and I will post once it has been resolved.

Last edited:
Hello,

Okay here is the latest.

I have found out that the only partition is '/' which is currently 1.0G big and 91% used. I 'asked' to get my 'vds' upgraded. Which has not happend as of yet. Once I get my vds upgraded to a size where by I can install HL and NS easily without ran out of disk space errors I shall start to do so and then post the IP for you guys to connect to with information. I shall also install AdminMOD and will be testing the performance of the server while playing different maps and it would be good if you could help that. There will be no adverts on the server and the limit of 'active' players will be 16 I think with 2 slots reserve for admins.

I shall probably give Daniel admin level as he is trustworthly and knows quite abit about HL and admin commands as far as I know.

Anyhow, any suggestions? anyone use NS currently?

I need a cs server for my clan too, sponsor shut mine down :mad:

BTW my shortcut is

C:\games\Half-Life\hl.exe -game ns -noipx -nointro -console

And when i try to join a game it says not installed, but when i go through cs it works..

Originally posted by is0lized
I need a cs server for my clan too, sponsor shut mine down :mad:

BTW my shortcut is

C:\games\Half-Life\hl.exe -game ns -noipx -nointro -console

And when i try to join a game it says not installed, but when i go through cs it works..

Hey,

I'll install CS later on once NS is installed and fully set-up with adminMOD. :cool:

Change it to:
C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -game ns -noipx -nojoy -nointro -console -numericping

NS forums won't send me activation! Grrr

I'm new to NS, where to start?

Also, what is the point of comm, how do you know where to point people? I want to learn how to comm, ect..

Hello,

The point of comm is that he/she has the 'lead' the marines and 'advise' them. He/she must also 'drop' structures down to be build by marines. I'm a pretty damn good comm now but its been a looonnnngggg journey and I have screwed up many times before I become as good as I am now. :p many many times. :biggrin2:

I suggest not comming for about 2-4 weeks and just be a marine and be a comm's helper so to speak as much as possible. You will learn so much. Also, don't gorge for about the same amount of time. Be a gorge guarder and watch what he does while protecting him from pesky marines.

Hello,

My NS Server is up. I just got to finish the configuration and then its going to be okay to leave.

EDITED: Its online now. Changes will be made in time to make the server better.

Last edited:
Hey,

I'm just re-starting the server now.
Seems to be issues with joining it. I can connect but it wont load the ready room.

Server load is low.
Ping is low.

There is no reason why I cannot join.
So i'm going to check configurations files.

Let me know if you can join.

Hello,

I'm doing a re-install :(. AdminMOD has corrupted the HL server and when you login it causes it to crash.

EDITED: RE-installed as standard NS. Will be adding ClanMOD soon.

Last edited:
Hello,

Yes. It works. :bandit2:

Server IP: 66.78.45.251
Map: NS_Eclipse

Shall be installing ClanMOD soon as AdminMOD doesn't work on red hat linux 7.3 anymore and I can't find a patch yet.

Back