• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone got Natural Selection?

Depends..

I've seen Dual AMD Athlon MP 2000+, 1.5gb DDR PC2100 ECC RAM, and some SCSI harddrives handle over 100 players.

Originally posted by is0lized
Wow, thats not bad, If they charge $3 per player, that's $300 minus whatever costs are..

Hmmm

Your looking at around $299/mo+ for a dual xeon 2ghz, 1-2gb ddr, 2x120gb or 2x73gb scsi, 1000gb+ transfer from rackshack. Excluding setup. :)

Originally posted by Daniel
The Xeons are ok for gameservers, but the MP's are much much better.

That very much depends. Its like saying Cogent is okay for mass downloading. :biggrin2:

Originally posted by is0lized
Well, the game business doesn't seem like a good market unless you have tons of customers

Yeah --> or onces willing to pay reasonable fees.

I would say the following structure would suit:

Public :
$0.50 per GB usage
150-200GB per 18 server.
$0.50 * 150 = $75/mo
$299 / 5 = $59.80
$75 + $59.80 = $134.80

Note: That depends on the game, cpu usage of the server deamon and also bandwidth usage of each user. Remember that excludes staff and any extras. :)

In any case, I've turned my West Coast UCG server into a 24/7 Aim Maps only server. It's getting really good traffic now. :)

66.111.38.70:27015 :)

What do you mean by "aim" maps?

Also, what maps does it have so i can download them, since downloading them from the server is slow

Back