• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

696 Hosting - Free Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

696 Hosting

696 Hosting

Hello all!

Soon, I will be launching 696 Hosting, I have been referred here by a friend and I thought I'd post about our new service.

I purchased the server the other day, and these are the features I plan to have (theres also a little bit of server info)

50MB Of free web space
FTP access for easier uploading
696Man - Our PHP Control Panel - from here you can add subdomains, talk to other webmasters (IRC, Forums), upload files via our browser or use our FTP Client Emulator (Java) to upload files if you do not have a FTP Client installed.
A subdomain (yourname.ourname.biz)
Unlimited secondname.yourname.biz alias
750MB Of bandwidth.
Free Domain Hosting
Free Forum installation (YaBB, YaBB Se, IkonBoard, vB Lite, uBB, wBB)
File Size Limit: 5MB
Most files allowed expect .com, .vbs for blantant reasons.
User Placeable Ads (Choose from a Popup, Frame, Banner)
Free Email (Powered by Everyone.net)
CGI
PHP
MySQL
ASP (you have to email us and have asp.ourname.com/yourname)
Free support

Server Stats
sendmail path /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
ftp path /home/yourname/public_html
webserver Apache/1.3.23 (Unix)
server (cubeism.ourname.com) Red Hat Linux 7.2
telnet/ssh closed.

We will be launching on Valentines Day, probably accepting signups for a week, then watching the server load we may stop appecting signups and get a "Waiting list" up, and add 200-500 accounts per week.

Please Private Message me with your email address and nothing more, and you will be contacted straight away!

Please note -- I am giving the first 3 people to signup, bannerless hosting and a free .co.uk/org.uk domain! :biggrin2:

-- Admin,
696 Hosting.

[Also!]
If you get over 200 hits per month, you will be put into a free prize draw for bannerless hosting and a free domain!

[Comments:]
Please post your comments, once everything resolves (mail, all the subdomains etc) I will post an email address, but for now if you have any major length questions, please email: help@696host.i-p.com. I garentee a reply.

Again, Thanks.

Hello there!

Please PM me with these details:

Your Name:
Email:
Username:
Password:
Do you need MySQL enabled:
Subdomain:
What your site is about:

Sorry I haven't got a form up yet, As I said, I'm configuring everything still!

Im the second

:D sounds good ill check it when youre starting :D

:devious2: :devious2: :devious2: :devious2:

Hehe!

I didn't expect such a responce so quickly, so if you would just PM your E-mail address and I will add you to the waiting list.

what does waiting list mean ? when you are up i will be signed up automatically ? i will be first ?

Yep,

Everyone who sends me a PM or an email is instantly added to the waiting list.

If you send it today, I can assure you, that you will get your account on Valentines day.

Yes murat, when we open I will email with detials on the free domain.

The waiting list is a list of all your emails, and when I open, I email you confirming your account, then you are a member of 696 Hosting.

:)

Also -- If you want to kill the banners, get support via sms/phone, a domain, you can pay $3.00 per year :cool:

The budget we have at the moment is around $2000 per month, and with banners we hope the bring in around a $100 more. If we get enough money we will cut down on the banners, because lets face it - no-one likes banners/pop-ups or any type of ads (escecially them x10 ads!!!)

In fact, lets go for a straight out discussion.

What do you want in a Free Web Host?

Please don't go stupid things like 2,500 MB, 10tb bw, etc :p

Thanks!

The best ones you suggest, I will edit and use, I will filter it into 696.

--Admin
--696Hosting
--07 Feb 02

can i get hosted?

Hi 696 Hosting,

Could I get hosted?? Please respond ASAP.... Id like to get signed up ASAP... I like how you talk with your clients also :p keeep up the good work..

Here is what i like in a good host

- 50+ MB SPACE
- Good Bandwidth \ fast page loads
- FREE
- Banner Ads only
- FTP Access
- CGI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back