• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. A

MegabyteStored (Remember ?)

trenzterra, Thanx for your support and info about your own site. Your needs of 25 Megabytes of server space and up to 2 GB of transfer/month are not "too intense" in my opinion. You seem to have a valid use for your server space and bandwidth, which is something I am happy to see for a...
  2. A

Thanx notnamed, I'd like to see a link to your hosting site if you have one and any member sites that you wouldn't mind me looking at. Rackshack seems to be a good place to start out from the research I've done but I'm looking some around some more to see what else is available. With...
  3. A

belladonna, Thanx for your support. I agree with what you mentioned about not biting off more than I can chew. I have a tendency to do that when I get excited about something and rarely can contain my urges to promise the world to myself and others. This time I'm exhibiting some...
  4. A

Dedicated server solutions? I've been considering my above plans for MegabyteStored and am reconsidering running the server locally due to bandwidth constraints (192 Kbps). Instead I am now thinking of using a dedicated server solution. What do you guys think of Rackshack.net servers? They...
  5. A

Thanx notnamed and striker, Your support means a lot to me. I plan on proving myself to the entire FWS.net community soon so that my words and your support are not in vain. If you guys or anyone else has any recommendations for me regarding MegabyteStored I would love to hear them. Let me...
  6. A

Hi FWS posters, I'm sure some of you remember me from about a year and a half back with my attempt at starting a FWP called MegabyteStored. Of course I know you same people are disappointed in me for not actually following through with all those goals I set for MegabyteStored. I just wanted...
  7. A

Anyone use megabytestored as their webhost?

Hi thread viewers. I have not abandoned you guys. The server that all the accounts were hosted on had serious hardware problems that I could not work out with SkyNetWeb (the dedicated server webhost I was using) and therefore I am moving the service to another location. I know that your...
  8. A

MegabyteStored Hosting

No, I have not moved the server. I just needed to move to a new DNS host because it is more affordable than my previous one. -- alphaneutrino
  9. A

MegabyteStored Hosting

To my knowledge around 48-72 hours! -- alphaneutrino
  10. A

MegabyteStored Hosting

Hi everyone. I am not lost as it may seem. The server is not down but there are some DNS issues as I am moving to a new DNS server (and obviously having problems). I would have warned everyone, but the move should have been much smoother. I am investigating the situation and will either...
  11. A

MegabyteStored Hosting

Hello everyone. I have not forgotten you guys. I am still working on the server, but just do not have enough time to dedicate to it to complete it quickly. Please bear with me because I still intend to make MegabyteStored Hosting a very usable and reliable service. -- alphaneutrino
  12. A

MegabyteStored Hosting

Re: Hey! You are correct Sikes, you do deserve to know what is going on. I am sorry for the unbelievable delay! It has been pretty hard for me the past few weeks to work on the MegabyteStored Hosting services because of school and personal issues. It is just a matter of a lack of time. I...
  13. A

MegabyteStored Hosting

I am finishing off the points system. No ETA yet. Sorry for the delay again. The server runs on a shared network of dedicated servers. The network connects to the internet through multiple redundant DS3 lines. The dedicated server host that I use is SkyNetWeb. You can research their...
  14. A

MegabyteStored Hosting

Yes, you do need to save the file as either a ".shtml" or ".shtm" file. The only exception is if you are using a an SSI tag to include another file within your current .htm or .html file. Include tags should work within .htm and .html files as well as .shtm and .shtml files. -- alphaneutrino
  15. A

MegabyteStored Hosting

Re: Alpha . . . I tested it recently with positive results. Please send an e-mail to support@megabytestored.com with exactly what SSI tag(s) are not working and I will give them a try and get back to you! -- alphaneutrino
  16. A

MegabyteStored Hosting

Your site seems to work for me at http://mike.megabytestored.com! Try checking out at a computer at another location. -- alphaneutrino
  17. A

MegabyteStored Hosting

Re: Alpha..? Each account has SSI enabled by default. No points required! -- alphaneutrino
  18. A

MegabyteStored Hosting

Hello! I sent you your account info on January 21, 2002. Please send an e-mail to support@megabytestored.com with a request for a re-send of your account info if you for some reason did not get it. -- alphaneutrino
  19. A

MegabyteStored Hosting

Hi everyone, sorry for keeping quiet for the past few days but I have been a bit busy. I have sped up the signup process for myself a bit and now can sign up a few dozen members/hour if need be. I still have about a hundred sign-ups in my queue that I need to burn through. I am still...
Back