• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by Woofcat

1. Woofcat

Utopia/Dominion/Kings of Chaos...

utopia is evil i coded dystopia (www.woofcat.com/dystopia) which is much better... but i'm not giving away the source (unless you want to offer $$$?) :) utopia is coded in delphi btw... dominion is asp...
  2. Woofcat

Need Urgent Help in MySQL

it closes automatically... just go through all your scripts and replace any occurence of mysql_pconnect with mysql_connect and you're all good...
  3. Woofcat

Is it possible ?

no, php is is much easier... and the person asked for a php solution, not your biased opinion on which language is better. <? $file=file('links.txt'); foreach($file as $x) { $x=explode('=',$x); if $go==$x[0] { header('Location: '.$x[1]); exit; } } header('Location...
  4. Woofcat

php ecperts... how to parse file extensions?

quotes in last line need to be escaped of course, damn vbulletin strips things even in code blocks and messes everything up in php blocks...
  5. Woofcat

though if what you're trying to do is check what kind of image a file is better than checking the extension would be something like: if($x=@getimagesize($url)) { switch $x[2] { case 1: do function gif; break; case 2: do function jpg; break; case 3: do function png; break; case 4...
  6. Woofcat

why create new variables and use array functions to parse a simple string? $url = 'http://somerandomlocation.com/blahblah/file.ext'; switch(substr($url,strrpos($url,'.')+1)) { case 'gif': do function a; break; case 'jpg': do function b; break; default: do function c; }
  7. Woofcat

Making a forum using php.

forums are easy to code... write your own from scratch... all the open source ones i know of are inefficient as hell and not very good...
  8. Woofcat

Smpt

what do you mean a free smtp server? don't just about all hosts have sendmail going? unless you mean an open smtp relay which i doubt anyone is stupid enough to advertise...
  9. Woofcat

Quick Code Change

damn you'd with the php blocks this board wouldn't f**k up code but that's vbulletin for you... obviously <?if($t) & # 123;?> should be <?if($t){?>
  10. Woofcat

Quick Code Change

in php at the top of the page put: <?$t=time();if(empty($pop)||$pop<$t-86400)header('Set-Cookie: pop='.$t.'; expires=Tue, 19 Jan 2038 03:14:07 GMT; path=/');else $t=0?> and where your ad code is use: <?if($t){?><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"...
  11. Woofcat

PHP & Cookies ; MySQL & Passwords

the setcookie() function has problems with some browsers, so i'd recommend doing them yourself with header() instead... header('Set-Cookie: cookie=whatever; expires=Tue, 19 Jan 2038 03:14:07 GMT; path=/'); would set $cookie to whatever... and stay even if browser is closed (until jan 19...
  12. Woofcat

What script does fws.net use for searching?

it would be easy as hell to code... were anyone willing to pay money i'd code up something better and more efficient than what fws.net got going :)
  13. Woofcat

Decent webhost needed with mySQL, shell and so on!

that way too inefficient... make the game realtime so you don't need background crap....
  14. Woofcat

Paying taxes on your advertising revenue?

the irs is not going to look at you unless you making lots of money... if you're worried about it just give the ad co's fake name/ss# :)
  15. Woofcat

MySQL databases?

yeah but last time i was back i changed the email in my profile and it never send me the email to verify it so my return was pretty short lived... vbulletin is so annoying, don't know why people like it so much... hmm...
Back