• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Decent webhost needed with mySQL, shell and so on!

killaH

I'm in need of a paid hosting server, with mySQL, 10-100 mb of diskspace, telnet/SSH, minimum of 1 background process allowed, PHP and on a reliable and fast line.

Anyone know where I can get this as cheap as possible? Tera-byte offered a decent solution, but didn't allow background processes.

Okay, I am coding my own web based game, which runs a ticker that gives the player resources, ships etc every 5 seconds or so.

This is a shell script, and needs to be run on the same server the website is hosted.

Hi,

I can't give you SSH access right away but I can run the scripts for you for around a month until you're allowed access to the command yourself.

Security, security, security...that's what we're about, if you understand. :)

Originally posted by NexDog
Hi,

I can't give you SSH access right away but I can run the scripts for you for around a month until you're allowed access to the command yourself.

Security, security, security...that's what we're about, if you understand. :)

Hmmm.. makes little sense then, since I usually reset the game once a week or something, and I need access to actually kill the thread.

I know some ppl with a shell where I got access, but I need more than just a shell too. I need SSH with direct access, mySQL, PHP and so on.

phpwebhosting.com .. They get bashed alot on the boards, but I have been using them for a year and they are awesome for a cheap price.. VERY fast too ..

First of all, I'm only learning programming, so I don't even know how to make it in real time. I've been playing a few of these web based games, so I thought about doing something similar.

I managed to get a decent webhost with everything I needed for only $5.95 :)

You can check out my game at www.earthdoom.com if you're interested.

Back