• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Utopia/Dominion/Kings of Chaos...

SSSX

Does anyone know of a open source or a free place I could get an engine for one of these games? I have searched sourceforge but it seems that they never got any where near completed.

This is a very complicated script to write. It requires untold amount of time and in the end will be profitable to the user. No One in their right mind would release such a thing.

Isn't Utopia coded in PHP?

[edit] If we're talking the same Utopia I'm talking about, it's coded in Perl apparently.

Originally posted by Daniel
Isn't Utopia coded in PHP?

[edit] If we're talking the same Utopia I'm talking about, it's coded in Perl apparently.

I know, Utopia is in coded in perl, however, dominion and kings of chaos are 100% php and I believe they all use cron to update hourly.

well if you mean updating turns, when I co-wrote a simular script we didnt use Cron at all.

Originally posted by spec
naw it died halfway thru the production, and I would never release it.

WOW, Big Suprise, you must be really liked in school. Your not a big fan of the GNU i'm guessing...

accually I was, but what does that have to do with anything.
I have a moto. I do alot of non-profit work for people who wont profit from it. If you are going to make money off my hard work then you gotta give me money. We live in a capitalistic society.

freeloaders...

utopia is evil

i coded dystopia (www.woofcat.com/dystopia) which is much better... but i'm not giving away the source (unless you want to offer $$$?) :)

utopia is coded in delphi btw... dominion is asp...

Back