• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Making a forum using php.

Originally posted by cheatpark
I'm not asking anyone to make me a script but where is the best place to start when making a forum in php.

OK just to give you an idea on the work involved to make a good forum - i charge £20-£40 per hour for programming.

i estimate it would take around 20-25 hours to make a really good forum.

Nuff said ... i'm pretty good programmer .. i hope you are ... unless you wanna make a basic one ..

ADD > my 1500 post , weehhaayy .. can get custom title soon :D

I was thinking of editting an open source forum. Which is the best one to use? I think hayuma kun was recommending phorum if I am right.

forums are easy to code... write your own from scratch... all the open source ones i know of are inefficient as hell and not very good...

It is pretty hard making your own forum, you would have to have extensive PHP knowledge! I could build just a simple one like wwwBoard in a few hours, but a difficult one like phpBB or XMB & family would take at least a couple of days to integrate all the features.

Back