• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can threads PLEASE stop getting closed?

IMO it killed the positive momentum I felt from FWS from the recent weeks.

Let's not argue about this anymore, if FWS staff wants its discussions/chat this way, it's their call.

If you want to chat about stuff, there are plenty of other forums out there. I'll stick my stuff here to offers and hosting talk.

Agreed, :beer:

It is Peos forum and if he feels a thread needs to be closed he has the right to. Everyone has the right to express their feelings about it as well, he allows us to in the feedback forum. We contribute to these forums alot and sometimes feel like we have partial ownership, but at the end of the day they are still Peos. I for one am grateful that he provides this medium to us and our companies.
That said, I personally did not care for all the thread closings lately. But overall I think all the mods have done a good job, that is just a minor complaint.

I think some of the mods (new and old) aren't on the same page. This blitz of threads being closed comes shortly after 4 new mods arrived. :angel: Congrats to the mods and all but maybe Peo or someone should have an orientation or something.

Hmm, I slightly disagree here, the locking has got out of hand recently but I don't think it's just the new mods, or even mostly the new mods.

Is it going to relax a bit now?

It's a case by case thing. We got your message and it will be taken into account next time. Thanks to everybody for your feedback. Now, let's close this thread.

I have noticed one thing. Ever since we got the new mods, we have had a rash of closings. I think some people are just having some fun with the power. The "I can get the last word then close the thread so I have the last word" mentality.

I have noticed one thing. Ever since we got the new mods, we have had a rash of closings. I think some people are just having some fun with the power. The "I can get the last word then close the thread so I have the last word" mentality.

I doubt that very much to be honest. None of us are on Power Trips.
Peo makes the rules and it's up to the Mods to make sure they are enforced. If I see someone breaking the rules I act accordingly.
Same as thread closures. If I find that a thread should be closed, I will close it or I will approach one of the more experienced Mods such as Wojtek etc and ask for their opinions.
I doubt doing what we are Mods for, is being on a Power trip.

I doubt that very much to be honest. None of us are on Power Trips.
Peo makes the rules and it's up to the Mods to make sure they are enforced. If I see someone breaking the rules I act accordingly.
Same as thread closures. If I find that a thread should be closed, I will close it or I will approach one of the more experienced Mods such as Wojtek etc and ask for their opinions.
I doubt doing what we are Mods for, is being on a Power trip.

You still can't deny the rash of closing on purely legitimate conversations. Maby Peo should think about editing the rules with the clause "no conversations that could possibly take more than 3 pages to iron out* ?

You still can't deny the rash of closing on purely legitimate conversations. Maby Peo should think about editing the rules with the clause "no conversations that could possibly take more than 3 pages to iron out* ?

If the conversations are legitimate then they have no reason to be closed. As discussed a few posts back, threads are closed for a reason.

When a thread is closed could we have a reason why it was closed, So the mod is doing the last post in the topic before its closed

If you have a problem with the rules and how they are enforced, contact Peo or one of the other administrators. ;)

People,

Please do not blame the new FWS mods, They are not to blame.
Complaints were received and were acted upon. I'm sure one of us 'old' mods would of done the same thing.
Even the owner of this forum feels the right thing was done.

We already have a discussion on this 'thread closure' topic in the Secret FWS Mod Lair forum ;)
Rest assured the best option will be taken to satisfy everyone equally.

People,

Please do not blame the new FWS mods, They are not to blame.
Complaints were received and were acted upon. I'm sure one of us 'old' mods would of done the same thing.
Even the owner of this forum feels the right thing was done.

We already have a discussion on this 'thread closure' topic in the Secret FWS Mod Lair forum ;)
Rest assured the best option will be taken to satisfy everyone equally.

:lol: 007 style!

Don't listen to Wojtek...its actually all my fault in a rage of power hunger that I had last night. All your threads belong to us, and all that jazz.

;-)

I am personally not a fan with closing threads either, but when complaints are made, sometimes you have to obey, even if some of the board doesn't agree with them.

If I can, I do want to point out how much work moderating is. As a long time member of this board, I thought it wouldn't be a big undertaking, as I read everything anyway, but there is so much more to consider and think about. While I know most of you are stressed and annoyed at the issues, don't forget to thank those old timers behind the green names. If you guys had any idea how much work they actually do behind the scenes, you'd wet yourself.

I know, because I did.

Back