• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your web projects?

Yeah, it really makes you wonder how some of these popular websites came about and who had a hand in what part of it all?

I have a lot of good domains as I think of a lot of cool ideas for websites but without the funds to back the project I am left with a huge list of domain names and a lot of domain bills every year with no income from any of them.

Well Alley, if your still looking for designs or stuff ^.< then I may be able to help you, Funds, not at the moment =( I have good connections though =P

I'm usually in need of a coder, I can handle most other parts like layout design and even some gfx and although I don't have limitless amounts of dosh I'm prepared to pay a reasonable rate as my time tends to get monopolised by others.
Surprisingly the couple of times I've advertised for one (or more) little response, hmm???

I am facing the same problem now decker. Our previous php coder who is AWESOME is falling quite ill and unfortunately probably will not be able to finish the project.

A fair amount of people are all bark and no bite. I have been forum trolling over at WHT and finding out who the smart coders are and making a list of them to interview and hopefully join our real estate project

Maybe we should open it up to offers for those who want work again :D
Sounds like both of ours would be ongoing income for them too not just a quick buck one time.

PS didn't mean to hijack but it might appeal to someone looking for regular work.

Last edited:
Thanks Keagle, Unfortunetly all of my ideas would require some sort of custom script which I have no money to pay a developer and no ability/knowledge to do it myself. So until I aquire lots of money I guess my dreams of having a successful web project will have to wait. :p

Well Alley, if your still looking for designs or stuff ^.< then I may be able to help you, Funds, not at the moment =( I have good connections though =P

The music forum is stilll...hobbling along. I've put time+money, but I suppose not enough. Don't have really any time, and can't justify putting more money when there is no chance of a return. That's the most successful project...meaning invested most into it (and therefore lost the most money from).

Looking back through the years, I've had 7 or 8 or more projects that I've started, and never got anywhere. My latest is in the sig...kind of a pet peeve taken toooooooo damn far.

Maybe we should open it up to offers for those who want work again :D
Sounds like both of ours would be ongoing income for them too not just a quick buck one time.

PS didn't mean to hijack but it might appeal to someone looking for regular work.

I know we will be opening up to programmers real soon. My hopes were to take on someone with payment in profit sharing with myself and another partner. I could pay someone to do it but this will be a long term project hopefully spanning the next 10 years, and I would rather put my capital I have set aside for marketing materials and that type of thing instead of hitting a dead end when it is time to do that. Our plan is very solid and I have been working on the idea for a few years already so it has had time to marinade and most of the kinks worked out.

luckily enough I know a pile of realtors and keep good contact with them so their feedback is going to be taken to heart and we are going to have a killer product on our hands

I have a lot of good domains as I think of a lot of cool ideas for websites but without the funds to back the project I am left with a huge list of domain names and a lot of domain bills every year with no income from any of them.

Sounds like me!

I have the hosting space tho and many ideas but I find I buy a domain and it ends up sitting there Iv got about 10 now I think :cry2:

Then you're doing good ...I have about 50 I guess?
I have let alot go too

Sounds like me!

I have the hosting space tho and many ideas but I find I buy a domain and it ends up sitting there Iv got about 10 now I think :cry2:

damn im tame in comparison i have 9 i think, but if you have 50, you can always generate a little income by having a parking page with ads and a buy option, at the same time as selling a few on, some of them must be worth a few quid

Okay this post prompted me to do something about one that's been 'on hold' for ages. And only with one part of what's going on in this one taken into account, but it did take me less than an hour to get operational :D

It's still basic and needs lots of tarting up and will probably change completely by the time I'm finished :)

http://web-spot.co.uk or http://web-spot.org

Might be interested in partnering with this one too, what do you think?

what you are basically auctioning coding services ( or selling em) ?? if so i think it is a good idea, but you are right the site needs a lot of work.

Yep it lets people advertise either way - want or offer, or even the here's one I prepared earlier on a clearance sale :D (good for one of origionals site designs etc.)
Not just for coding but it was a quicky and loads more catagories to be added.
I know it needs a load of 'make it pretty' stuff yet as it's just the basic script.
Any ideas welcomed :)

right, well the thing is, i somehow doubt that homeless people are going to have massive access to the internet :S:p

They do have access at those hobo centers. There's always a few computers plugged in to the internet so they can check up some stuff, do online banking, etc.

Well, it's going to have a page saying 'If you are homeless and are reading this... congratulations, you made it to the internet'

Back