• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Zhosting.tk - 1000mb, unlimited b/w, php(v5), mysql (unlimited) , dns soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why, but the Zpanel doesn't load o_O
Can you help me?
EDIT: Now, the whole Site doesn't work !?!

Last edited:
The person runs Windows Server on a 200 GB H.D.D... what else is there to know except the speed? Also, if you use web2ftp.com, you might be able to resolve WS FTP LE's deletion of non-empty folders issue.

connection

Well, I was kind of also woundering what type of connection it has, just because its fast now doesn't mean that it will always be fast, there may only be like 250k a second going through it, what happens the second it reaches 1mb a sec.

Yeah, I guess that's in line as well. However, even if you have Dial-Up (like me) a 300 KB file can be uploaded to a 100 MBps server in less than 50 seconds (depending on how fast the server is in terms of multiple user handling).

connection

But that still doesn't mean anything, I can do the same thing, 6k a sec isn't too hard to get for my dial up, but, consider housing a server even on a cable connection, around here, 128k upload and 256k download, $100 which comes with the static ip but allows it to be used as a server, that leaves me, at even 5kb per page, 26 people can access that server at once to make good speed, with more then 350 customers, thats going to be hard to keep it that low.

That WOULD be hard. o_O But still, for a user of a dynamic IP server, I cannot say that my connection would be any good in brining down your speed (in terms of joking). But you have to give credit for those A+ guys, they help us out with a lot of this stuff.

And...

"I know how hard it is to put food on your family." -- George Bush.

You mean giving a faster connection, as in uploading something? Because if that's so... then we dial-up users won't be able to feel it, as we have one speed going both ways (unlike ADSL, DSL, etc.)

That still doesn't answer my question, I'm not worried what we will feel, I'm worried what will happen if my site gets 50 hits every second of the day, if the connection will be able to handle it, they will be able to feel it, because the connection may only be made to support 15 people every second. So the question still stands, what kind of connection do the server(s) have?

1. If your site get 50 hits a second I doubt you will be using free hosting
2. As we said before, if we expand to the extent that our connection in inadequate we will upgrade it.

connection

ok, fine, but you would be the first that would not tell of the connection the servers are on, and it wouldn't have to be just one site that has 50 people there a second, it could be done over a span of 350 sites.

That explains thier blogdns.com thing... the ip address changes constantly, which means it isn't up 24/7, you have to disconnect and then connect to get a new ip as far as I know...

If their IP address changes all the time, their host/server is configured for Dynamic IP Classes (such as A, B, C, and D.) If you take A+ or study up on it, you'll know what these classes contain.

Prosoft - RE: Post #76
We reboot our servers every day, this is what causes the ip to change. This rebooting is for increased system speed and reliability (ok - it leads to 1-2 minutes downtime while the process is taking place)

blackarib said:
Prosoft - RE: Post #76
We reboot our servers every day, this is what causes the ip to change. This rebooting is for increased system speed and reliability (ok - it leads to 1-2 minutes downtime while the process is taking place)

Does this take place at a regular time each day? I just wondered so it could be taken into account and posted on the persons site so that users would know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back