• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yupapa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand why your account was dissabled and if it was dissabled, I hope the mods have enough in them not to reactivate it.

There is absolutely no difference between unlimited and unmetered, and there are NO such thing as unmetered hosts.

Coming soon, to the nearest dictionary. (I mean the answers)

A few points:

I have lurked in these forums for about 3-4 months now and this thread has fascinated me. I have a number of points to make:

1) I find this Freedom Team a cheap way to be able to slag people off behind their backs, the idea of which disgusts me and sounds extreamly childish. I cannot beleive that people even consider joining it.

2) I hope to god that the mods see sense and reactivate Giancarlo's membership, as he has been on these boards a while (over 1000 posts) and I feel most of the time he has made a very good contribution to these boards.

3) Hard drives are very expensive, and I would love to have a 40gig one for $30-40. I live in the UK and my friend recently bought a 30gb drive from dabs.com for about £120. And he shopped around for about a month for that and it was the cheapest he could find.

4) I do not have a stance on the unmetered/unlimited matter but I would like to point out that Donhost advertise as Unlimited, and therefore the argument that Donhost are ok because they do not meter the space is void.

That is all, I do not wish fo this to act as a flame or for people to flame me for it I am just pointing out my views.

1) I find this Freedom Team a cheap way to be able to slag people off behind their backs, the idea of which disgusts me and sounds extreamly childish. I cannot beleive that people even consider joining it.

How many people do you think have joined it? 5? 4? 7? Nope 20 hat's right 20 people. If you don't like it, don't join. Alot of people are really sick of some people here, and it's a good place to talk about stuff that isn't allowed here. Maybe you don't feel the need for solidairity when something your strongly believe against gets promoted like survivor here, but I do, and so do 19 other people.

2) I hope to god that the mods see sense and reactivate Giancarlo's membership, as he has been on these boards a while (over 1000 posts) and I feel most of the time he has made a very good contribution to these boards.

He has said himself that 90% of his posts are spam, flaming or trolling... and that the only reason he got to NLC is because of all those yupapa threads. I am crossing his fingers that he gets banned.

3) Hard drives are very expensive, and I would love to have a 40gig one for $30-40. I live in the UK and my friend recently bought a 30gb drive from dabs.com for about £120. And he shopped around for about a month for that and it was the cheapest he could find.

So?

4) I do not have a stance on the unmetered/unlimited matter but I would like to point out that Donhost advertise as Unlimited, and therefore the argument that Donhost are ok because they do not meter the space is void.

Check it out... the host in question is Yupapa... not donhost... and Yupapa doesn't offer unlimited space, OR unmetered space. Although he is a donhost reseller, that really doesn't matter.

That is all, I do not wish fo this to act as a flame or for people to flame me for it I am just pointing out my views.

OK.

How many people do you think have joined it? 5? 4? 7? Nope 20 hat's right 20 people. If you don't like it, don't join. Alot of people are really sick of some people here, and it's a good place to talk about stuff that isn't allowed here. Maybe you don't feel the need for solidairity when something your strongly believe against gets promoted like survivor here, but I do, and so do 19 other people.

If this was not on the internet, and there was a group of people that meet in a group every day, and a number of them go off and start another group about the original group primerally to slag them off would you find that fair?

He has said himself that 90% of his posts are spam, flaming or trolling... and that the only reason he got to NLC is because of all those yupapa threads. I am crossing his fingers that he gets banned.

I have not seen that thread, could you direct me to it? I have also seen a lot of posts in which he has posted a helpful opinion and has contributed to the thread helpfully.

So?

I frankly find your prices impossible and I would love to see proof of them.

Check it out... the host in question is Yupapa... not donhost... and Yupapa doesn't offer unlimited space, OR unmetered space. Although he is a donhost reseller, that really doesn't matter.

Just saying.

OK.

Thanks

Originally posted by Greatgraddage

I have not seen that thread, could you direct me to it? I have also seen a lot of posts in which he has posted a helpful opinion and has contributed to the thread helpfully.

There's a button at the top of each forum page that says "search" :p
Just look under the username "Giancarlo". You'll find plenty of useless and annoying posts.

So?

I frankly find your prices impossible and I would love to see proof of them.

*cough* http://www.pricewatch.com/

Originally posted by needcgispace
when a host says they don't meter the amount of bandwidth their clients use, it is implied that they won't meter the users to a point. if for some reason that the host's bandwidth usage triples in the next month, then they'll get suspicious.

okay, to clarify the unlimited-unmetered situation even further: unlimited means they will NEVER decided to limit the amount of bandwidth you can use or space you can occupy. unmetered means that they will not meter INDIVIDUAL accounts, but they will keep tabs on the ratio of the amount of bandwidth overall consumed monthly by the host to the number of members (including or excluding newcomers, which is up to the host's discretion), and compare that ratio to those of past months.

Bahhhh, let's head to the dictionary, shall we?

What do the terms mean?

limit
tr.v. lim·it·ed
1. To confine or restrict within a boundary or bounds.
2. To fix definitely; to specify.

pref. un-
Not; opposite of; contrary to

So put together, the definition of unlimited would be:

1. Not confined or restricted within a boundary or bounds.
2. To fix indefinitely; to not specify.

'Not specifiy' sounds like an accurate term! I don't know of any hosts who offer completely much of anything completely unrestricted, so it would seem the term is being misused. We go on...

meter
tr.v. me·tered
2. To supply in a measured or regulated amount: metered the allotted gasoline to each vehicle.

pref. un-
Not; opposite of; contrary to

So put together, the definition of unmetered would be:

To supply in a not measured or not regulated amount.

Who here thinks hosts supply bandwidth in either fashion?

You say:

...it is implied that they won't meter the users to a point.
Now, I'm not trying to say that I came up with these definitions, I looked up the words in dictionary. I cannot find any mention of this 'implication' that you state. No little asterisk saying, 'up to a certain point'. I think you made that part up, though if you found this in a dictionary, I'd be open to taking a look.

unmetered means that they will not meter INDIVIDUAL accounts, but they will keep tabs on the ratio of the amount of bandwidth overall consumed monthly by the host to the number of members (including or excluding newcomers, which is up to the host's discretion), and compare that ratio to those of past months.

Again, I find this to be *your* definition of the word, not *the* definition of the word. I'm not trying to be combative, mind you. I'm just pointing out that there is a meaning for the term, and from what I've seen, no host offers services according to that meaning. If a host wants to come up with their own 'new meaning' of an accepted term, all the power to them.

Source:
http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=metered
http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=limited
http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=un

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back