• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yupapa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that everytime I read a post by Giancarlo, I hear the voice of Cartman (from southpark) in my head? No offence Giancarlo, it just happens?!?!?

The Picture you should see is Joseph McCarthy... and Ronald Reagan.

Look, this argument is over, who cares...? It seems like you want to keep this argument going, but I don't.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
The Picture you should see is Joseph McCarthy... and Ronald Reagan.

Look, this argument is over, who cares...? It seems like you want to keep this argument going, but I don't.

Then stop arguing and stop replying us!

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Yeah sure, it can be unmetered if they are charging you a horrendously expensive price for it, like $100/Month, because the hard drives Donhost are using cost $350 US Dollars/Each.

The point isn't that can they offer what they claim to be offering, dear Giancarlo. They can't be offering "unlimited space", we all agree to that. However, "unmetered space" isn't the same as "unlimited space". For "unmetered space", most people won't be using until DonHost have to start metering their diskspace on their accounts. Unless you are really trying to bring them down and mass uploading files to eat up every single byte on their harddisks.

And yes, if they are truly offering a *REAL* "unmetered diskspace" solution for their hosting plan, you will need to pay that amount. However, do you think they will still host you if you are using up 100GB hdd but pay for that small fee? They will find some excuses and shut you down right away with no doubt.

I am not siding any party. But I just noticed there're mis-understandings here and I would like to show them up. Not to flame anyone, just to help.

Whether they are the same thing or not, it doesn't matter because people can only use so much space for two reasons:
1. The cap on bandwidth
2. The policy against file storage

So, that is how donhost gets to say unlimited space, and that is how they stay in business.

Then I believe Donhost is better than Below10host because Donhost offers unlimited space! Only good company can handle that!

:D :D :D

First of all, ANY host that offers Unlimited, is not a good company. They are a missleading company, as we have seen them deteriorate on this board!. Second, admiting your a reseller of donhost is NOT good for your business.

Originally posted by YUPAPA
Then I believe Donhost is better than Below10host because Donhost offers unlimited space! Only good company can handle that!

:D :D :D

I have to agree with donovan here, unmetered is totally DIFFERENT to unlimited in many ways!

1. Unmetered simply means:

Metered:
Any of various devices designed to measure time, distance, speed, or intensity or indicate and record or regulate the amount or volume, as of the flow of a gas or an electric current.
A postage meter.
A parking meter.

Well unmetered means the opposite, therefore the Host, in this case donhost, DOES NOT measure or keep records of the amount of bandwidth or storage you use.

Its simply, but unlimited is different,

Unlimited:
Having no restrictions or controls: an unlimited travel ticket.
Having or seeming to have no boundaries; infinite: an unlimited horizon.
Without qualification or exception; absolute: unlimited self-confidence

Notice the difference, "having no restrictions", whilst unmetered is not keeping records :)

Kindest Regards,
ValuableHost

HEY!

Don't you all think if I tell you the turth that I am a donhost reseller instead of lieing to you that I own a server is better?

I mean if Donhost is down, you will blame at donhost instead of me since I told you that I am a donhost reseller... but if I lie and say that I own a server and do not mention that I am just a reseller, you will misunderstand me and say that my server isn't reliable while donhost is down!

I am just a reseller and I don't own any server yet... I hate to tell lies!

OkOk ??
YUPAPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :confused:

Apple = Fruit
Orange= Fruit
But it's still apples and oranges.

Like a square can be a rectangle, but a rectangle can't be a square.

Bigperm, ValuableHost, evilhaze:
I agree with all of you.

Giancarlo:
Unmetered = not metered , not measured , not counted .
Unlimited = not limited , not restricted , infinity .

They are similar, but not the same.

Yupapa:
DonHost is not a good host at all. There are two types of companies out there. One is those who can offer what they promised to. And another one is those who is just offering some great but unavailable deals. And I am afraid DonHost belongs to the second group. You can try to upload a lot of stuff to stuck their harddisk and see what they will do to you. All the hosts who claimed to offer UNLIMITED or UNMETERED deals are not honest and the deals do not exist. For me, I don't do business with unhonest guy, company, or whatever.

Guys:
Let's try our best to make him understand the confusion here before you try to flame him again. I guess all of us might have confused of something before, and maybe did what Giancarlo did :)

And to Giancarlo again:
Actually there's some mis-understandings in you on a few threads before regarding Below10host and tera-byte . I will let you know when we solve this. :) Cheers... :cool:

Originally posted by Donovan
Bigperm, ValuableHost, evilhaze:
I agree with all of you.

Giancarlo:
Unmetered = not metered , not measured , not counted .
Unlimited = not limited , not restricted , infinity .

They are similar, but not the same.

If anyone has a decent argument going, it is bigperm. He's claiming that it is possible since they limit you in other ways (bandwidth, file rules), and this to a degree, is somewhat plausible. Basically any site that would need 'unmetered space' (heh), wouldn't qualify, or would go over the bandwidth restrictions anyway. This is the same argument from hosts that offer 'unlimited space' though.

One thing is for sure, I would not sign up with any host that states either unlimited or unmetered space or bandwidth, pop accouts, etc. That's just me.

(oops, I forgot and came back... moo)

Ohhh, and everyone is tired of the messages between a few members *inside* too many of the threads. If you have something you want to say directly to someone, email/PM them please as I'm going to start deleting/editing messages that spin off into, "No you shut up" ... "No you shut up" fashion.

Last edited:
Hi,

Chicken i though i had a decent arguement!
Originally posted by Chicken

If anyone has a decent argument going, it is bigperm. He's claiming that it is possible since they limit you in other ways (bandwidth, file rules), and this to a degree, is somewhat plausible. Basically any site that would need 'unmetered space' (heh), wouldn't qualify, or would go over the bandwidth restrictions anyway. This is the same argument from hosts that offer 'unlimited space' though.

One thing is for sure, I would not sign up with any host that states either unlimited or unmetered space or bandwidth, pop accouts, etc. That's just me.

(oops, I forgot and came back... moo)

But Unlimited is the same as Unmetered... what is the big problem about it? I dunno... I am not going to argue something this insignificant. I also agree with Chicken that you should not sign up with Unlimited or Unmetered Hosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back