• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yupapa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neverm1nd

Yupapa Mega Unix Plan

- 5000 mb of web space (!)
- 10 gb bandwidth
- CGI-BIN
- FTP
- PHP4
- MySQL
- 200 pop3 e-mail accounts

$15,95 p/m

Anybody tried this? Sounds too good to be true...
5 GB web space!!! woow, never saw that before (except for the "unlimited" space webhosts...)

Look I don't want to get anything started... but this looks like what CIHOST offers. There is absolutely no way $15.95/Monthly could cover the costs of 5GB of Space, so I wouldn't sign up.

Note: I don't want to get anything started... I am treating this like any other question about any other host.

If I'm not mistaken, Yupapa is a donhost reseller and donhost allows unlimited space.

Yupapa is a great company, try them out. You won't be disappointed. He posts on this forum.

I recommend em!

No such thing as unlimited space, my friend.

How could they cover 5GB of Space with only $15.95/Month?

(Look, I am posting like I would for any other webhost)

"Unmetered" space.. is that better?

Hard drives are cheap, when one gets full, all they have to do is transfer all the data to a bigger hard drive.

Donhost gives unmetered space, as long as the company pays Donhost, than they can give their clients whatever space they want.

You still don't understand do you? There is no such thing as unmetered space... hard drives will fill up faster than revenue is being made, ask any person here. I been looking at webhosts for four years and have experience, and knowledge about what kind of host can sustain itself.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
You still don't understand do you? There is no such thing as unmetered space... hard drives will fill up faster than revenue is being made, ask any person here. I been looking at webhosts for four years and have experience, and knowledge about what kind of host can sustain itself.

If a company wants to allow unmetered space than let them. Hard drives are cheap. A 60GB hard drive at warehouse cost is abount $40 dollars, I help at a PC-Store and that's how much we get them for down here in Miami. Unmetered is possible, they don't care how much space you use, as long as you pay them on time that's fine. Unlimited..well eventually you'll need to replace the hard drive. But unmetered, where they don't set a quota and continue to replace hard drives.. simple. We aren't talking about many revenue, sure you may run out of cash and not afford to purchase another hard drive, but offering unmetered space is possible.

I don't believe in unlimited or unmetered bandwidth, the cost there is way to expensive.

A 60GB hard drive at warehouse cost is abount $40 dollars

I don't think so, I order my things Wholesale, and a 40GB hard drive is $115.

But unmetered, where they don't set a quota and continue to replace hard drives.. simple[.

Wrong, Exactly how many hard drives can they stack before they run out of space? And Hard drives are not that cheap, unmetered space could be 100GB for one person and that could drain everything.

Offering unmetered space is impossible, because there is no such thing. The Hard Drives will fill up faster and be more expensive then what revenue is pulled in.

OKOK... STOP...
I don't think anyone should talk to him because he insists on saying everything we said is wrong!

I help repair and build computers at a local PC-Store called PC-Touch. We sell 60GB hard drives for less than $100 dollars but we purchase them at wholesale prices (at warehouses) for $40-50 dollars.

Your right Yupapa!

That's all I'm saying.

Wrong, Exactly how many hard drives can they stack before they run out of space? And Hard drives are not that cheap, unmetered space could be 100GB for one person and that could drain everything.
Very few sites use that much space a all. That's why they can do that. if 80% of their site only use 100mb or less, they can handle the 5gb plans that people like yupapa offer.

Yes but there are sites that do and those eat up space and bandwitdh. I suggest signing up Aletia. And Robert, I still don't think so, 40GB cost $100 Wholesale, from the cheapest place I know.

Strange that all that disagree with me are from the Freedom Team... you should remain it to the Being Wrong Team?

Most of the warehouses down here in Miami do exports of computer products. That's why it's so cheap. They export to other countries like Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela and such. A $200 dollar printer in the U.S. can run for at least $600-$1,000 dollars in Brazil. (My neighbor does exports of computers and equipment to Brazil).

13 members of the Freedom Team vs. 1 Giancarlo... and you think we are the ones who are wrong? And I am sure that wholesale is around 40-50 bucks...

When I say wholesale, I mean from warehouses that mainly do exports. Of course if you purchase from a company that sells to mainly people within the U.S., the prices will be higher.

Most of the warehouses down here in Miami do exports of computer products. That's why it's so cheap. They export to other countries like Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela and such. A $200 dollar printer in the U.S. can run for at least $600-$1,000 dollars in Brazil. (My neighbor does exports of computers and equipment to Brazil).

I order all my things off a wholesale site, not from Argentina. The Damned VAT Is 21%.

and you think we are the ones who are wrong?

You are wrong, you don't have evidence to back up anything of what you say. Neither do I, but at least you could prove something

Well anyways, good bye, I am out of this discussion about Unrealistic Unlimited Webspace hosts, I know they don't exist and 85% of the people on this board tend to agree, unfornately there is this sad bunch of 13 people who are always wrong.

Chao.

Hey bigperm,

i was just looking at the "freedom team" website, you want some freehosting? i can give you 100mb, 1gb if you want. F2s seems to slow :(
Originally posted by bigperm
13 members of the Freedom Team vs. 1 Giancarlo... and you think we are the ones who are wrong? And I am sure that wholesale is around 40-50 bucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back