• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your WorkStation...

I don't have a digital camera, but frankly I wouldn't have bothered to take a picture even if I did.

pro5ject: That's awesome, man...

2 CRT monitor's that has to be healthy.

I have only 1 CRT monitor in the whole house and that is the living room TV. My basement TV is a projection, my TV is an LCD, my 2 computer monitors are LCD, and my laptop is LCD too obviously. I hear the CRT rays are what causes some eye damage so I steer clear.

Last edited:
Conscript said:
2 CRT monitor's that has to be healthy.

I have only 1 CRT monitor in the whole house and that is the living room TV. My basement TV is a projection, my TV is an LCD, my 2 computer monitors are LCD, and my laptop is LCD too obviously. I hear the CRT rays are what causes some eye damage so I steer clear.
Sorry, we're not all rich. :rolleyes:

OH please, LCD monitors could be had for very cheap now a days. Long gone are the days where a decent one cost upwards of $1k. I bought a Samsung 17" LCD for $250 last year (on sale, but still good deals can be had).

Conscript said:
OH please, LCD monitors could be had for very cheap now a days. Long gone are the days where a decent one cost upwards of $1k. I bought a Samsung 17" LCD for $250 last year (on sale, but still good deals can be had).

$250 USD = $345 CAD

That's alot for ONE monitor, not to mention that Samsung LCD monitors aren't far from absolute shit.

Besides, I can't use something that's refresh rate is maxed at 70hz and most LCDs ghost a lot.

LCD ghosting is pretty rare in the new LCD monitors. I use my other LCD (Viewsonic VE175) for gaming and it has no ghosting. Not to mention the colors dont fade when I move my head like on some laptops. It retails for $450 or so, so that is a bit of an investment but worth the money I think.

The Samsung in question is pretty good, my brother mostly uses it and he doesn't complain. $250 is what you would expect to pay for a 17-19" CRT back a few years ago, so I don't think thats too much to ask for a high quality monitor. Besides you can always go for a 15" monitor for cheaper. A 15" LCD has the same viewing area as a 17" CRT, so its not that bad.

Blank Verse said:
I understand what Ben means. Someone's desk is not the most exciting things to be taking pictures of.

Yeah, like mine.

dumpsite.jpg

Darkcurves, I hate to be noisy but what exactly is in that white box with the photo of what looks like an assault rifle on it?

jmiller said:
Darkcurves, I hate to be noisy but what exactly is in that white box with the photo of what looks like an assault rifle on it?

Nope, i am not a terrorist. :p

Used to belong to my uncle. It's catalogue for Colt rifles and handguns.

Back